MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Holy shit i thought i was the only one going insane and was literally about to start another post before finding this! It has happened to me twice now and i remember closing and locking my tailgate both times. Has anyone tried to bring it in for warranty to look at it?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Twice in the last week - my tailgate has opened on its own.

Anyone have similar issues?

Am I missing something simple?
Are you SURE that someone isn't doing it? Or doing it to screw with you?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Holy shit i thought i was the only one going insane and was literally about to start another post before finding this! It has happened to me twice now and i remember closing and locking my tailgate both times. Has anyone tried to bring it in for warranty to look at it?
Hi Dave,
Should you decide to visit your dealer, please feel free to send our team a PM. We would be happy to provide additional assistance.
Alex
Jeep Cares

MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dave,
Should you decide to visit your dealer, please feel free to send our team a PM. We would be happy to provide additional assistance.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Thank you Alex I will. I plan on bringing my jeep in once things calm down to look at the radio (for the 3rd time LOL) and have them look at my tailgate too.

THanks!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thank you Alex I will. I plan on bringing my jeep in once things calm down to look at the radio (for the 3rd time LOL) and have them look at my tailgate too.

THanks!
You're welcome, Dave!
Alex
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

wpscheel

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Hey y'all. I know this is an old thread and maybe this has been answered elsewhere but I was having the same problem and I think I found what it was.
By chance do those who are experiencing this have sprayed in bedliners? What i found was the thickness of the liner bumps up against the rubber bumper thus not letting the latch lock securely. It does seem more prominent on the right side as mentioned already.
I took a Dremel to the rubber to just knock off the extra ribs and my gate now closes smoothly and latches every time.
Hope this helps someone with the issue.

20201129_124357.jpg

20201129_124407.jpg

20201129_130527.jpg

Reactions: JT1

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I had the issue on my Ram but found out the problem was that the folks who did the spray in liner also sprayed some sections they shouldn't have so when it got really cold my tailgate would just open on its on. Ended up scraping away some of the bedliner and issue went away

Alc

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Happened to me several times. First time was me, yup I didnā€™t slam it. Since then itā€™s happened a few times when my son will throw his baseball stuff in the back then doesnā€™t slam it shut. I have a bedrug back there that can impeded the hinge so itā€™s a little more often but Iā€™ve learned. Just slam it after opening and youā€™re good. Itā€™s a truck, treat her rough.
Sponsored