Sponsored

Gladiator Taillights Now Available from Quake LED!

coreoski

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Test Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The blind spot monitoring device is transferred out of the factory taillight using 3 screws and mounts in our taillight. In order for it to function accurately it has to be aimed and positioned in the same exact way otherwise it could malfunction, which would render the system pointless.

These taillights are specific to a JT and are not compatible with a JL...BUT...you're in luck. I have a similar taillight designed for a JL, that has the sequential amber turn signal in "light hacker" mode and a really neat start up animation. It also has a mirrored/ zoomed in effect when it is on and can be found at this link:
https://www.quakeled.com/product/jeep-wrangler-jl-sequential-led-tail-lights
Is the Quake LED cutout emblem all stainless steel over the radar as well? Has the blind spot monitoring performance been tested? I'd be shocked if that much steel over the radar's field of view doesn't dramatically impact that feature's performance...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr Black

Mr Black

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2 X JL Rubs - JT Rub Gladiator.
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
Is the Quake LED cutout emblem all stainless steel over the radar as well? Has the blind spot monitoring performance been tested? I'd be shocked if that much steel over the radar's field of view doesn't dramatically impact that feature's performance...
The Quake "Q" logo on the side is cut into the metal (the black part is metal) and the red lens behind it is plastic. The plastic lights up as the side marker, but also allows the blind spot monitor to function properly. The "Q" is about a half inch wide and goes 360 degrees around the monitoring device which allows it to scan the area accurately.

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Has anyone else installed the lights and the blind spot sensors?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, those tail lights require a certain taste I guess. To each his own. Not my taste personally. I am going to cover my stock ones up though with some custom made tail light guards just after I black them out. These things though, man I guess if you want to be different. Maybe something else will come out with better look for some competition.

Sponsored

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If my blind spot sensor is impacted by the metal logo, why not cut out the metal and replace with a vinyl version of the logo.

9DF21597-F600-48F5-A638-CF65969BFE49.jpeg

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, those tail lights require a certain taste I guess. To each his own. Not my taste personally. I am going to cover my stock ones up though with some custom made tail light guards just after I black them out. These things though, man I guess if you want to be different. Maybe something else will come out with better look for some competition.
And your point is?

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
The Quake "Q" logo on the side is cut into the metal (the black part is metal) and the red lens behind it is plastic. The plastic lights up as the side marker, but also allows the blind spot monitor to function properly. The "Q" is about a half inch wide and goes 360 degrees around the monitoring device which allows it to scan the area accurately.

1) can the metal frame of these be painted with no affect to the blind spot system?
2) Does the factory taillight still work with the sensor removed?
3) any chance for a blacked out version?
4) can I cut the Q out of the side? Painted body color it would be too visually pronounced

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

gofleabiscuit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator and 2018 JK
Occupation
Sr. Engineering Technologist
I just installed these in my Gladiator. And I feel my fitment is off. I feel like it doesnt cover the tailight cavity completely. And I worry about water exposure, Thoughts?

Flmthwr65

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
Just installed these quake LEDs on my gladiator. Look great switched over the radar units but now the light work great but my side radar does not. Does possibly need to drive some to reset computer??????

Flmthwr65

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
I just installed these in my Gladiator. And I feel my fitment is off. I feel like it doesnt cover the tailight cavity completely. And I worry about water exposure, Thoughts?
Loosen the 2 bolts some and lift up on lights while tightening takes out the space.
Sponsored