Gladiator towing test

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Well I was the one who got the whole plywood thing started with my post about the “possible” problem so you are very welcome. Glad I could make your day, or should I say days. Some photoshop expert here should post a photoshopped picture of some plywood loaded into a Gladiator with a cutout in the plywood around the gas buldge in the bed. I’d love to see what that would look like.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
One of the reporters who was part of the media drive had a podcast with one of the designers. They confirmed 20 sheets of plywood would fit in the back.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Wonder what a trailer of 6,000 lbs of plywood would look like.
I don't know, but if you take 4 PSI of air out of your tires it would tow easier.

Wait....this isn't the JL forum. My bad....

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I don't know, but if you take 4 PSI of air out of your tires it would tow easier.

Wait....this isn't the JL forum. My bad....
Is that a thing?

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Is that a thing?
It's just a running joke. The people on this forum are constantly talking about plywood. Over at the JL forum it's tire PSI. They claim that if your JL has 40 PSI and not 36 PSI as specified, that is the reason you get death wobble, steering calibration issues, leaky soft tops, international terrorism, and various forms of cancer.

All you can do is sit back and laugh and have fun with it. :LOL:

Big-Foot

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, 2002 Jeep Wrangler-X, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2008 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Fabricator
The front upright structure on the trailer appears to have possibly clear lexan on the front of it - so that should add significant wind resistance...
It looks like a good start to real world testing, however, a 6% grade in 70° weather is hardly a torture test. Try 8 to 10% grades in 85° weather while maintaining appropriate speed for highway conditions and you’ll really have my attention....

I REALLY want to buy this truck, but not until I know full-well that it will perform to advertised specifications....

TFL Truck needs to be cued up to do their REAL-WORLD testing on this truck!
Sponsored