Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
My dealer just contacted me and said that I am scheduled to build on 6/15 and should be at dealership by 7/20. Hopefully his information is accurate.
Mine was scheduled to build 3/14, and just went on the train 6/9.

Advertisement

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Rotten bastages at Jeep chat told me it was built on 5/18 and went onto a train the same day.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No, it's not with Jeep. In fact, I'm not sure if any company still does that.
I know a lot of us wish we could - years ago, (make that decades ago LOL), I know some Corvette people did, AMC people did (now you know I mean decades ago).
I haven't heard of anyone doing it in a long time.
I did some digging into that fee a couple of years back, even the experts can't fully explain it. It's the same in the contiguous 48 states, higher in AK and HI (duh! LOL) so why does it cost the same to get a Gladiator from OH to IN as it does from OH to CA or WA? It doesn't, the fee is weird.
I have also wondered - if it was even possible, then how about the documentation, original title, all that stuff. I have dealing with the DMV, even though in Iowa it's not all that bad.........most of the time, but somehow you'd need to title it and so on - so do you get the stuff from the dealer and handle it, or still have them do all that?
In Iowa, the "doc fee" is set - no matter who you buy from, it's got to be the same amount - by law. So you'll pay that regardless.

Frankly, if it was possible, I'd love to go along with someone just to help and for the experience of doing such a thing. (I'd likely drag along tools - but could pare things down and drag along only metric sockets and wrenches, and my 250 pound/ft torque wrench)
I picked up a BMW Z4 (loved that car) in Munich in 2015. BMW gave us 7% off MSRP, and the shipping costs were the same as if I had it delivered in New Mexico ($895). We spent three weeks driving it around northern Europe, and I got it up to 140 mph on the autobahn, and Germans were passing me! Vacation of a lifetime. And it was an MT, no longer available in Z4s. Put it on a ship in Bremen and it arrived in Albuquerque three weeks later. Take that Jeep! I imagine shipping by ship now is a pain in the ass as well.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rotten bastages at Jeep chat told me it was built on 5/18 and went onto a train the same day.
Ah, the slow train to us out West.

Sponsored

jeepobx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Ordered Apr 23 and the window sticker was generated today. One interesting thing is that the build sheet and preview image for the Willys states BF Goodrich tires, not the Firestone as originally defined by the website builder in April.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 750BB1BA-E2D1-4CA9-A973-41B78A4081ED

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 21362632-09FB-482E-9A28-B4C28C739EB2

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered Apr 23 and the window sticker was generated today. One interesting thing is that the build sheet and preview image for the Willys states BF Goodrich tires, not the Firestone as originally defined by the website builder in April.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking ED862CE8-868E-49D6-B623-22C7183CA580

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking ED862CE8-868E-49D6-B623-22C7183CA580
Build sheet is god, so that is interesting, but this snippet explains the rest -

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 1655298612650

Are the tires different other than brand? Like if they were A/T tires, are they still A/T tires? (ignore the image!!) and if they were to be M/T will they still be M/T?

Possible shortage of tires?
If you order, and your order sheet that's generated, absolutely states you get A/T and not H/T, they can't substitute types without some contact.
Double-check the order sheet you got - you should always go over it with a fine-tooth comb before actually having the order placed. Something could be missed, or something checked you didn't want checked. It's one reason I still do the old-fashioned "work with a dealer" as they can confirm in detail what you are actually ordering.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Willys Sport (sold), '22 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
What was your ship date? Was it accurate on Jeep..com? What was your Estimated delivery date a couple weeks ago?
I know my ETA was for June 14 for nearly a month (went into production May 12). Yesterday the ETA was revised to TBD.

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I know my ETA was for June 14 for nearly a month (went into production May 12). Yesterday the ETA was revised to TBD.
That first published ETA is the build date, not delivery date. At least that's what it was for me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That first published ETA is the build date, not delivery date. At least that's what it was for me.
Everything about mine is "TBD". But then, that's my life, so nothing new LOL

And yes - when you get into D1 (scheduled for build) and you get an estimated shipping date, that has been found to be when the body is shipped to production line for final assembly.
My first one was estimated ship date of 11/04/19 and the sticker says the final assembly date was 11/05/19.
I've talked to other Gladiator people who have said the same thing - their original ship date ended up being either the final assembly date, or within 1 day of the door jamb sticker's date.

SpirituallyBuff

First Name
Jaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Scion xB
Occupation
Pastor
What was your ship date? Was it accurate on Jeep..com? What was your Estimated delivery date a couple weeks ago?
shipped on 5/18… original eta was June 8…. salesman told me june 6-13…. tracker showed 6/13 then changed to 6/16…

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 1655298612650

The whole thing is a mess I think. I ordered 4/20. (I don't smoke, but still cool! Yes, I'm a child.) Scheduled on 5/17 and last dealer update said it should ship tomorrow. No window sticker or any other updates. Jeep site still says scheduled.

Advertisement

Advertisement