Sponsored

Gladiator Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Thats some shady sh*t! I said this yesterday but we should be calling these places out publicly. The bait and switch practices, the absurdly high processing fees (shouldn't exceed $99), the mandatory add ons, GPS tracking!?!? are practices that would be frowned upon in all other industries. If you went to a pizza place advertising a 5.99 large pizza and then when you got there they charged you $9.99 because you only had five fingers and not six as described in the fine print three clicks down, then tacked on a $4 mandatory garlic oil crust fee because it goes on as soon as it leaves the oven on all pies you would report them or at least blast them on Yelp. If best buy added an additional GPS tracker to your iPhone you would be calling your politicians looking for privacy regulations. Why do dealerships continue to get away with this stuff???
I'm not going to put the dealer on blast. Just about every dealer pulls this crap. Those paint/fabric/tracking protection packages are 100% pure profit for the dealer. They do absolutely nothing to vehicle, charge you for it and then bank on 99.99% of people never coming back to the dealer to file a claim.

Even though I'm in NC, I was born and raised in NJ. Let me tell you, the Jersey in me came out real quick when I saw an extra $2000 charge. Told him to bring the sales manager over so I could tell both of them to their faces to F right off. Dude looked like a deer in headlights. I felt bad for snapping at him like that, but at the same time I don't pay for things I did not ask for. Especially to the tune of two grand.

Advertisement

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
That's awesome. You are so close now.
Not sure what I’m doing wrong with the vin tracker as nothing shows up but the build is in progress.
I damn near walked away from the deal. The dealer tried to sneak in a $2000 ELO and protection package that they say goes on every vehicle when they come in. Like paint sealant, fabric sealant and GPS tracking like LoJack. Well, I never agreed to that at the time of order, nor was it mentioned when I ordered. Seriously, they tried saying it's not an option. That every lot vehicle has it. This isn't a dealer inventory vehicle. Then they lowered it to $1000. Told them I'll walk and order another one from a different dealer. Don't give a flying fornication. Then I took the guy outside and showed him that there wasn't a stitch of protection on that paint. It was squeaky. What protection? God I hate dealer shenanigans. They caved and removed the charge completely.

And now I get to play "find the dealer installed GPS tracking device" and remove it. Didn't ask for it, didn't order it, don't want it.
my dealer in NY tried to add about $600 in some warentee didn’t ask for.
I'm not going to put the dealer on blast. Just about every dealer pulls this crap. Those paint/fabric/tracking protection packages are 100% pure profit for the dealer. They do absolutely nothing to vehicle, charge you for it and then bank on 99.99% of people never coming back to the dealer to file a claim.

Even though I'm in NC, I was born and raised in NJ. Let me tell you, the Jersey in me came out real quick when I saw an extra $2000 charge. Told him to bring the sales manager over so I could tell both of them to their faces to F right off. Dude looked like a deer in headlights. I felt bad for snapping at him like that, but at the same time I don't pay for things I did not ask for. Especially to the tune of two grand.
My dealer tried that with a $395 fee. One place it was listed as processing fee and when I did the order paper it showed as a warranty. When I called him out he said it was added in error lol. Apparently new car salesmen are now as bad as “used car salesmen”
Just goes to show you have to read and question everything. I battled for weeks over pricing for a lease. They refused to tell me how they calculated the lease. Said it was too complicated to explain. Turns our the “money factor” is just a way to charge more than the actual interest rate.

SnazzMojave

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport Gecko 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Snazzberry
Is there a way to get my VIN if I have the VON #’s?

Sponsored

BSchoeppel

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
Ordered my Sport S Ecodiesel 7/12....have gotten mixed information but as of today, it's built and awaiting final inspection before going to the storage lot. Not going to hold my breath, as it went from D to D1, then to E on 9/11 after an advisor through Jeep Cares emailed me about it being sequenced for build 9/14. I really hope to get it in time to enjoy some decent weather up here in Washington State now that the fires have died out a bit!
Now in JS, built and in storage waiting for either final inspection and shipping or just shipping. It's getting closer! And I'll see about how much I can haggle on the price when I go pick it up. I heard FCA has financing up to 84 months with zero interest....probably won't apply to the Gladiator, but who knows!

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Now in JS, built and in storage waiting for either final inspection and shipping or just shipping. It's getting closer! And I'll see about how much I can haggle on the price when I go pick it up. I heard FCA has financing up to 84 months with zero interest....probably won't apply to the Gladiator, but who knows!
The only incentives on the Sport S right now are 0% for 36 months and a $750 rebate for military and first responders.

I got in at 4% for 84 months. Going to make double payments though.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
Got extra 2% under invoice to finance thru dealer (4.5%). (total of 7% under invoice) Will refi as soon as possible thru PenFed 2.99%
9/19 - Build sheet found
7/20 - ordered JTR EcoDiesel in Sting Gray

Likely going for bed liner, inspection and then hopefully put on a train to MD ASAP.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle was built on 09/16/20 and as of 09/21/20 it's on a train in Central Illinois. They shipped it realllll fast after building it.

Sponsored

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
It looks like they are trying to catch up on the diesels and manual transmissions. But of a backlog for the rest of us.

My order was supposed to be expedited since my current overland has been in the shop 43 out of the 58 days of ownership.

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
Any chance of purging out the data that is more than 6 months old on trucks never found? I believe the full production run of '20s may be complete.

Dennisbeyle

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Retired
You’re ahead of me I ordered JTRD 7/28 Jeep cares emailed with a delivery week of 9/24. Kent Email Me 9/21
Status D1 w/shipping 10/1. Will my baby ever come.

Leucifer76

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
You’re ahead of me I ordered JTRD 7/28 Jeep cares emailed with a delivery week of 9/24. Kent Email Me 9/21
Status D1 w/shipping 10/1. Will my baby ever come.
Well. This is handy. Sounds like I'll be looking at early November with my order date of 8/28.

Advertisement

Advertisement