Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
I have a license Mr. Preacher.

Doesn't change any of the answer to the questions asks.

:punch:

I've had a GMRS license since the early 80s and so does everyone I run with off road or where ever we use GMRS radios. I also have a fleet of GMRS repeaters on mountain tops that was not cheap. If you were to join us and had a GMRS radio and no license we would request you not transmit on the radio.

Why? Not because its illegal, its because all of us went through the trouble and expense to do it right and who the F are you to skate by and not adhere to the same rules we do? It would kind of make us think what else did you ignore like maybe you never got a drivers license or registered your vehicle or didn't get a required off roading permit or ??

So before you go bashing someone wanting you to have a GMRS license and crying "Radio Karen" think about how you would feel going through the motions and paying $$ when someone else is giving a middle finger to the whole process and expense you went through. Just how special are you?
Sponsored

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
I have a license Mr. Preacher.

Doesn't change any of the answer to the questions asks.

:punch:
And thank you for getting that license.

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
This is an old thread but it's still worthy of resurrection every now and then. With the push to GMRS for off road events, To keep it from becoming a free for all in the band, get the license. It is now officially $35 for 10 years.

The FCC does monitor GMRS and while they usually don't do anything, they can. I can absolutely see the FCC set up a monitoring station at Jeep Jamboree to enforce the regulations.

I had my GMRS license for a long time, My renewal was 2 months before the change from $70 to $35 so I let that one go (didn't use the radio either) and applied for a new license as the FCC just couldn't figure out how to renew my old license at $35. I also have a ham license (extra class) and still remember my CB call sign. (KAVS8830)

Bob
WRQC563
KN4BBA
Sponsored