S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I would say as long as you don't expect them to protect your rig and you don't mind thin wall Chinese recycled steel then go for it.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I would say as long as you don't expect them to protect your rig and you don't mind thin wall Chinese recycled steel then go for it.
Uhg. Thanks. thats exactly what i dont want And why this thread exists.

what’s your suggestion for a better alternative?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If you want true protection, either on or off road, there are several USA based manufacturers that are mentioned all over this Board.

I personally bought Rock Hard sliders with angled down bars.

My wife is 5'-1" and needed a boost. Put traction tape on them and then when wet, ice or snow covered the small ones can get a grip to step up.

Real protection isn't cheap, but I don't have to worry about door dings in a parking lot or tree and boulder dings off road. Eventually I'll do a dumbass move and ding it up, but I have protection against the small shit.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
If you want true protection, either on or off road, there are several USA based manufacturers that are mentioned all over this Board.

I personally bought Rock Hard sliders with angled down bars.

My wife is 5'-1" and needed a boost. Put traction tape on them and then when wet, ice or snow covered the small ones can get a grip to step up.

Real protection isn't cheap, but I don't have to worry about door dings in a parking lot or tree and boulder dings off road. Eventually I'll do a dumbass move and ding it up, but I have protection against the small shit.
ive found ATP, JCR, VKS, and ACE. see plenty of good options.

chinese steel f’ing sucks.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
.............................................chinese steel f’ing sucks.
I am in the piping industry, I have to deal with Chinese pipe and fittings daily and yes, it is very poor quality steel. You never know what they threw in the smelter with the recycled steel.

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Don't personally know about their products, but one of the key things missing from the description is where they are made. To me that sends up a red flag.
i think that pretty much means china, as ive looked around. The price seems low compared to other ones specifying US made/steel

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Look at Rusty's Off Road. Made in Alabama with US components. Not cheap but very good products. The only complaint is as a small shop sometimes all products are not in stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Look at Rusty's Off Road. Made in Alabama with US components. Not cheap but very good products. The only complaint is as a small shop sometimes all products are not in stock.
thanks ill check those out too. Im also learning that “bolts to the frame” is something you need to read in the item description

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
thanks ill check those out too. Im also learning that “bolts to the frame” is something you need to read in the item description

Keep in mind, "Bolts to frame" is a misnomer.

Yes it bolts to the frame, but it is using the body bolts for the cab.

Rock Hard utilizes the pinch seam holes and the body bolts. Others utilize just the pinch seam holes OR the body bolts.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Keep in mind, "Bolts to frame" is a misnomer.

Yes it bolts to the frame, but it is using the body bolts for the cab.

Rock Hard utilizes the pinch seam holes and the body bolts. Others utilize just the pinch seam holes OR the body bolts.
interesting...

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
SCG
Just wanted to update this thread with my recent experience.

I chose to buy the Go Rhino DSS side steps based on looks & price and knowing how I plan to use my Mojave. After receiving them and examining their construction it is clear that they are NOT rock sliders and only compact side steps, exactly as I expected. Both the slider box and the hardware box were marked Hencho en Mexico, so North American assembled at least. My hardware kit included rail nut brackets that were not powder coated as they were for others, so no thread cleaning was required for me.

I bought my set form Northridge 4x4 at a great price and Go Rhino was also offing a $50 rebate at that time. My set was direct shipped from Go Rhino, and it took nearly a month to get them. They arrived undamaged, despite FedEx mistreating the slider box because it was heavy. Go Rhino wraps each corner in some kind of high density recycled rubber material that does a great job of protecting the steps.

The installation was pretty straight forward having read others advice to mount the brackets to the rails and installing them that way vs what the Go Rhino instructions say. I did a test fit of the passenger side brackets without the steps to see which set of brackets went where and found that the longer pinch seam to body bolt brackets went in the front. Go Rhino doesn't bother to mention this in their instructions. I also measured the distance between the pinch seam flange brackets to help me position the brackets on the step before attempting to install them. The center bracket goes as close to the notched center as possible and then the other two brackets can be set in relation to the center. my measurements were front end of center pinch bracket to back of front pinch bracket 20.25 inch and back of center pinch bracket to front of rear pinch bracket 37.25. The longer included hex head bolts are for the front and rear brackets with the spacer and use 4 of the shorter Hex bolts for the two center brackets.

I will add that I chose to buy new black M8 bolts, washers & nylock nuts to replace the supplied 1/4x20 hardware. Doing this removes a lot of the slack that makes the alignment step a PIA. insert the two m8 bolts for the center pinch bracket before snugging the bracket onto the rail. I was able to set the rail assembly on my height adjustable shop chair and raise the seat up to get the rail at the right height for installation without having to support any of the weight by myself. At this point the biggest key is to make sure that you push up on both of the rear pinch brackets when you are installing them to make sure that they are not hanging down below the pinch seam because the bolt holes are extra large back there. I missed this step on the first side I installed and had to loosen everything up again to get the step to hang right. The second side took less than half the time of the first, as is usually the case. I also reused the oem bottom body bolts as the supplied hardware from Go Rhino is also sub-standard.

Beside the supplied hardware, I am very happy with the results and I hope this install review may help others with their decision:

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino sliders quality? GR DSS

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation