Sponsored

Goo Gone on Plastic Window

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
So the epically brilliant salesman used scotch tape to attach my temporary plate in the plastic rear window. I finally got my real plate Saturday but when I went to remove the temp tag all but one piece of tape tore right down the side of the plate. The one that came off left its adhesive behind. Is Goo Gone the way to go to get this off or will it turn the window to goo. Is there something better y'all would recommend?
Sponsored

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku Sahara, 2010 mustang GT, 1970 Mach 1, 2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Designer
I have the same exact problem... dealer taped mine to the plastic window as well. I have to take my truck in to the dealer soon anyway, I was going to make them clean it off since it’s their mess. If they scratch up my window I’m not liable.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
On my current jeep - luckily NJ has gone to paper Temp tags that mount in license plate area. But on my other jeep - Dealer taped temp tag to plastic - I used .... window cleaner from bestop - (Mopar has it too) and put a good dose of it on to soften and blend the tape adhesive off. Worked for me without scratching or leaving any residuals.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If the above suggestions don't work, my wife use some Goo gone very gently with a soft cloth on the LJ window to remove the stupid Bestop sticker that came on the replacement windows. It took a bot because she was being gentle, but ti did get most of it off. Followed up with some soft window cleaner and everything looked great afterwards.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
20214.jpg

Use Plexus, and you will also need it to clean all the soft top windows. Be careful with soft top windows, they scratch easily.

OP
OP

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Use Plexus, and you will also need it to clean all the soft top windows. Be careful with soft top windows, they scratch easily.
Painfully aware of how easily the windows scratch. Used to roll up the back window on my JKUR not knowing what a bad idea that was until it was too late.
Sponsored