John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
But the roof doesn't come off.
True, there’s only one convertible truck. It does have a glass roof though. Not the same, but cool in a different way
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Sanity check - while its true that many of these go well into the six figure range with big dealer markups, I was well under that, somewhere in the low $80’s before trade.

The motor gets all the press but its the interior that will make you want to keep it. My wife is so happy with the comfort upgrade.
If I could be in the low $80's on one I'd keep the gladiator and buy one. Cheapest one I've seen within 200 miles of me is $94,000. That's a great deal you got on that one.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Oh my. That is quite an upgrade. :like: I heard Hennessey is toying with a Hellephant TRX. I’ll leave this right here for your future upgrade needs. Why stop the upgrade process now??

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Would you be so kind and post your window sticker. Inquiring minds want to know.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
This is the way.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
A TRX pulled up next to us in Scottsdale a few weekends ago, and I thought "damn, that's even more impressive in real life!"

Super neat truck, have a blast!

Let me start by saying this forum and jeep culture in general is awesome. We have enjoyed every minute of building our JTR and learning from others.

If you haven’t noticed the used car market has lost its mind. I stopped by the local Hendrick store and started a conversation that ended up with me trading keys. Yes, we traded the gladiator.

The dealer gave us over $56k for the Silvertruck, which is within 10% of what we paid (with first lift tires and wheels). Obviously we ate the rest of the mods, thats what happens. But, the trade gave us substantial equity that we rolled plus a little cash into a new truck.

But not just any truck. I am talking about a 2021 Ram 1500 TRX. 702hp, 650 ft lbs hellcat powered supertruck. 14 inches of travel, 8 drive modes, soundtrack like no other truck on the planet. All with state of the art interior and infotainment.

Its apples to oranges, but keeps me in the mopar family and a chance to own a hellcat that meets family needs as well.

This has been a great forum, and thank you all for reading my stuff and commenting on my build. Let me know what you think or if i can answer questions. Silvertruck wont be our last jeep. See you on the trail!

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Congrats, that is a nice truck.

The motor gets all the press but its the interior that will make you want to keep it. My wife is so happy with the comfort upgrade.
This is my only real concern with getting a JT. My wife loves the space we have in a full-size now, but I'm tired of driving a portable living room all over Chicago. Its age doesn't help. I'm hoping we can get used to the small quarters of a JT, otherwise I may follow your lead.... 😎😎

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Got damn man folks change vehicles like underwear (LOL). Very nice truck. I will be puttering around on the road someplace at 65 mph still which is ok by me. I'm trying to get my wife to go trade in her Toyota Highlander which she is finding to big for her liking while the market is hot.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely Impressive!

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Let me start by saying this forum and jeep culture in general is awesome. We have enjoyed every minute of building our JTR and learning from others.

If you haven’t noticed the used car market has lost its mind. I stopped by the local Hendrick store and started a conversation that ended up with me trading keys. Yes, we traded the gladiator.

The dealer gave us over $56k for the Silvertruck, which is within 10% of what we paid (with first lift tires and wheels). Obviously we ate the rest of the mods, thats what happens. But, the trade gave us substantial equity that we rolled plus a little cash into a new truck.

But not just any truck. I am talking about a 2021 Ram 1500 TRX. 702hp, 650 ft lbs hellcat powered supertruck. 14 inches of travel, 8 drive modes, soundtrack like no other truck on the planet. All with state of the art interior and infotainment.

Its apples to oranges, but keeps me in the mopar family and a chance to own a hellcat that meets family needs as well.

This has been a great forum, and thank you all for reading my stuff and commenting on my build. Let me know what you think or if i can answer questions. Silvertruck wont be our last jeep. See you on the trail!

Jeep Gladiator Goodbye, Silvertruck tenor
Much too aerodynamic for me 😄

OP
OP
Silvertruck

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Much too aerodynamic for me 😄
12 mpg….prob closer to 10 after i get thru break in and can open it up. Sleek for a truck bur i will still have to look into some carbon offsets. Lol
Sponsored