Gorilla Glass question

Sw00per

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
I have taken a couple of rocks recently and it surprised me the windshield did not chip\crack as the impacts were loud. I thought gorilla glass was an option, so I decided to check the window sticker, and nothing listed.

So, did I get lucky or is gorilla glass standard in 23 Mojave's?
Sponsored

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
If you do not have a little black gorrila face in the driver side corner, than you have the regular glass. However, the GG is a joke and mine has chipped/cracked 3 times in less than 2 years. Jeep won't replace my current GG that is cracked even though they replaced it the two other times without an issue and the newest glass is within the 2 year warranty for it.

OP
OP
Sw00per

Sw00per

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Thanks for the reply. I guess I have been lucky so far with rocks... bummer on not getting a replacement. So there is a limitation to the number of replacements I assume?

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply. I guess I have been lucky so far with rocks... bummer on not getting a replacement. So there is a limitation to the number of replacements I assume?
Nothing stated in the warranty about it. Just that there is a 2 year limited warranty from the date of installation of the glass.

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
The warranty is for one free replacement during the 2 year warranty.

Sponsored

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
I am in the last few days of my GG warranty and I got a crack in mine yesterday. Off to the dealer for a picture and to get approved for a new one. I never even herd the debris hit it.

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The warranty is for one free replacement during the 2 year warranty.
They didn't have any issues replacing it twice already through warranty. But since the GG isn't really worth the $2k cost to replace out of pocket, might as well just pay the $50 deductible through my insurance for whatever glass they replace it with.
Sponsored