Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Anyone have a picture of this?

We have a piece being made that if you want to seal off the box, you can. A replacement box is $70 though the Quadratech if you ever wanted to go back to stock.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Just a thought, but on my 2017 Mustang GT kit they sent a new airbox assembly, so you would not have to modify the stock one. It looks to be 3d printed but it is a great fit and it does great job keeping the intake air cool

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase

We have a piece being made that if you want to seal off the box, you can. A replacement box is $70 though the Quadratech if you ever wanted to go back to stock.
Who wouldn’t want it sealed off? How much of that opening is exposed? From the looks of that trim you could splash water up in there, sucking water into the air intake system. Yikes.

Am I right?

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Who wouldn’t want it sealed off? How much of that opening is exposed? From the looks of that trim you could splash water up in there, sucking water into the air intake system. Yikes.

Am I right?
You are aware that some kits have completely open filters? Out of the 100+ kits we have on the road I've had 3 people request to seal it off. And we are offering for them at no charge if they want it.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You are aware that some kits have completely open filters? Out of the 100+ kits we have on the road I've had 3 people request to seal it off. And we are offering for them at no charge if they want it.
Open filter... not open box lol

You're kit (from what I'm seeing) would expose the bottom of the box, completely bypassing the filter. Which means not only water could splash into the box and get sucked in without ever hitting the filter, but dirty air.
What you're referring to is cone filter or something similar. Yes it is "exposed" but it's the filter that is exposed. There are no gaps or openings that would allow un-obstructed air flow access to the intake.

Am I not right about that? I don't care if only 3 people have asked for it, that doesn't negate the seriousness of the potential issue.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, I'm just looking for a straight answer and transparency from you. Clarification would be appreciated here.

Sponsored

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
This is a little bit of info on how we are different....

Jeep Gladiator Hamburger's Supercharger experience? comparison

The OEM-style superchargers we offer use a state-of-the-art fluid traction drive system to drive the impeller, rather than the traditional gear drive system aftermarket companies use.
This allows the superchargers we offer to spin higher (impeller speeds up to 90,000 rpm vs. aftermarket units @ 60,000 rpm), along with virtually no noise or “gear whine” that is typical of other superchargers. This Traction Drive System transmits power through the friction created between its planetary rollers and a unique hydraulic fluid, rather than through the gear drives aftermarket companies use. To ensure optimum performance, we use a unique traction fluid in the system that is designed to increase viscosity under high surface pressures.
This fluid gives the rollers additional “grip” and prevents slippage by increasing the friction between the planetary rollers, while also cooling and protecting the system. This traction drive system combined with the latest technology in centrifugal compression provides greater efficiency and lower noise, giving the superchargers we offer much higher efficiency compared to aftermarket centrifugal or positive displacement superchargers, along with very quiet operation.

Jeep Gladiator Hamburger's Supercharger experience? Cutaway2

The efficiency of our kits allows me to leave a vehicle idling in 100 degrees all day at shows without overheating. Below is a pic of the temps after beating on a JL in 49C/120+ degree temps in UAE desert.

Jeep Gladiator Hamburger's Supercharger experience? WhatsApp Image 2020-07-11 at 3.06.13 PM

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-11 at 3.06.13 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Open filter... not open box lol

You're kit (from what I'm seeing) would expose the bottom of the box, completely bypassing the filter. Which means not only water could splash into the box and get sucked in without ever hitting the filter, but dirty air.
What you're referring to is cone filter or something similar. Yes it is "exposed" but it's the filter that is exposed. There are no gaps or openings that would allow un-obstructed air flow access to the intake.

Am I not right about that? I don't care if only 3 people have asked for it, that doesn't negate the seriousness of the potential issue.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, I'm just looking for a straight answer and transparency from you. Clarification would be appreciated here.
You are aware that the inlet tube is in the lid? So there is a filter still there in between the box and intake. And we will have an option for someone who wants to close it an no charge to them once available.
I am here to answer any questions. That's why I'm here. :)

Jeep Gladiator Hamburger's Supercharger experience? intake

Last edited:

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Most companies will discount the install when you purchase the kit from them. For an example (Magnuson Kit) we do a discounted install of $750.00 when you purchase from us. If you bring in your own kit then the install is $1250.00 so long as it is a new unopened kit.
how long the motor or transmission would last with a Magnuson kit?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a little bit of info on how we are different....

The OEM-style superchargers we offer use a state-of-the-art fluid traction drive system to drive the impeller, rather than the traditional gear drive system aftermarket companies use.
This allows the superchargers we offer to spin higher (impeller speeds up to 90,000 rpm vs. aftermarket units @ 60,000 rpm), along with virtually no noise or “gear whine” that is typical of other superchargers. This Traction Drive System transmits power through the friction created between its planetary rollers and a unique hydraulic fluid, rather than through the gear drives aftermarket companies use. To ensure optimum performance, we use a unique traction fluid in the system that is designed to increase viscosity under high surface pressures.
This fluid gives the rollers additional “grip” and prevents slippage by increasing the friction between the planetary rollers, while also cooling and protecting the system. This traction drive system combined with the latest technology in centrifugal compression provides greater efficiency and lower noise, giving the superchargers we offer much higher efficiency compared to aftermarket centrifugal or positive displacement superchargers, along with very quiet operation.

The efficiency of our kits allows me to leave a vehicle idling in 100 degrees all day at shows without overheating. Below is a pic of the temps after beating on a JL in 49C/120+ degree temps in UAE desert.

This is interesting. So is the the impeller "decoupled" at low idle speeds? That is kind of handy. I guess your impeller speed ration is not linear with engine speed. I am not sure how that would work or help, but it would be nice to tune engagement so to speak. Another reason this set up does not really require a bypass valve. You could or do have the impeller loosely coupled at lower speeds. Making driveability a much easier thing to obtain. How does that work for decel? I imagine you still need a blow off valve but not being directly coupled I imagine surge is not that big of a deal and you can use a smaller one.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You are aware that the inlet tube is in the lid?

intake.jpg
Nope, I was NOT aware of that and didn’t pop my hood to check that. Why didn’t you say that to begin with?? It was what I was asking about!

Thank you for the clarification!

Sponsored

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
This is interesting. So is the the impeller "decoupled" at low idle speeds? That is kind of handy. I guess your impeller speed ration is not linear with engine speed. I am not sure how that would work or help, but it would be nice to tune engagement so to speak. Another reason this set up does not really require a bypass valve. You could or do have the impeller loosely coupled at lower speeds. Making driveability a much easier thing to obtain. How does that work for decel? I imagine you still need a blow off valve but not being directly coupled I imagine surge is not that big of a deal and you can use a smaller one.
The impeller isn't decoupled from the belt drive. There is still a fixed ratio between engine rpm and impeller speed. The traction drive operates similar to a gear driven supercharger, but the big difference is it does not use 'gear teeth' to transfer the torque to drive the impeller. It uses smooth rollers and traction fluid (non-Newtonian fluid) to transfer the torque to drive the impeller. The system still requires a bypass valve, and is integrated into the system such that you do not hear it 'whooshing' out into the atmosphere.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Nope, I was NOT aware of that and didn’t pop my hood to check that. Why didn’t you say that to begin with?? It was what I was asking about!

Thank you for the clarification!
Sorry about that.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B
The impeller isn't decoupled from the belt drive. There is still a fixed ratio between engine rpm and impeller speed. The traction drive operates similar to a gear driven supercharger, but the big difference is it does not use 'gear teeth' to transfer the torque to drive the impeller. It uses smooth rollers and traction fluid (non-Newtonian fluid) to transfer the torque to drive the impeller. The system still requires a bypass valve, and is integrated into the system such that you do not hear it 'whooshing' out into the atmosphere.
Bypass or Blow off?
My definition of bypass is a valve that allows the engine to pull in air around the compressor for NA operation.
A Blow off valve that whooshes to atmosphere is on the charge pipe to the throttle boddy, and when the throttle slams shut and the compressor still has momentum, it opens and dumps the extra pressure instead of back surging the compressor.

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
I am making progress on the install. Pretty straightforward so far. Besides some minor mistakes in the install guide, I only had to add clearance to the alternator mount to engine block mounting holes.

I'll share another update tomorrow and I get my ECU back Tuesday - that will be the real testament.

Jeep Gladiator Hamburger's Supercharger experience? 2020-07-18 09.11.51
Jeep Gladiator Hamburger's Supercharger experience? 2020-07-18 10.17.10
Jeep Gladiator Hamburger's Supercharger experience? 2020-07-18 19.37.08
Jeep Gladiator Hamburger's Supercharger experience? 2020-07-18 21.38.42