Hamburger's Supercharger experience?

Gladiatorx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Colorado wt
@itsdapk If this becomes the mopar approved supercharger will that mean I should be able to have it installed at any jeep dealer or does it just mean mopar gives some kind of stamp of approval? Do you have any installers in Vermont?
Sponsored

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
@itsdapk If this becomes the mopar approved supercharger will that mean I should be able to have it installed at any jeep dealer or does it just mean mopar gives some kind of stamp of approval? Do you have any installers in Vermont?
It will have a FCA part # and we are working all through the details. They are still slowly getting back to work from Covid.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I like the look of the Edlebrock Supercharger. Sleek.
I self-installed the Edelbrock E-Force on my 2014 JKURX (MT) and really like it - installation time and performance results are very nice.

Since Edelbrock is and will remain late late to the JT game, I will install the Magnusson on my JTR (AT).

Both have clean looks and appear to be similarly installed.

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Hamburger is installed and cooking! :LOL:

So far I am pleased. The install was straight forward. Since the install, I haven't pushed the jeep too hard, the highest boost I have seen so far is about 2lbs. The butt dyno says the tuning has improved the responsiveness of the motor even without boost, I am sure the timing adjustment has a lot to do with this.

I'll be towing soon and I'll report back as I continue to get miles on the truck as a daily driver and under towing conditions.

This is my first centrifugal SC and it's seamless, I wonder what the Magnuson would have been like in comparison. That's just my curiosity not because of anything lacking in the current setup.

I have lots of FI experience, My Porsche Cayenne has an Eaton SC and my Audi S6 is twin-turbo, all different in terms of responsiveness. The Cayenne was a stronger towing vehicle before the Jeep upgrade, we'll see where it lands now.

Sponsored

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
The more I drive the Gladiator, the happier I am with the decision. I have now done several full-throttle runs, seen about 7psi and it performs how it should have from the factory.

I have towed the boat at about 4,000lbs and several trips with the utility trailer :)

Merging with traffic and entering highway is effortless.

Best of all, you can't tell there is a supercharger, no weird power curve or SC whine or bypass valve noise. If I had bought the Gladiator this way, I wouldn't have a complaint!

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
@itsdapk curios about the custom tune, I believe I read that it requires the PCM to be sent in and unlocked, right? Considering it’s “illegal” (maybe not the best word choice) in the eyes of Jeep, will there be a different way of going about the PCM unlock if this thing gets approved? I imagine if it’s approved and given a mopar stock number than we wouldn’t need a PCM unlock and there would be a mopar sanctioned update or something. Care to shed some light on that?

Also, the 2yr/24k mike oil change interval. What type of oil is required? Is this a straight forward oil change much like an engine or is it a more adnvanced/complicated process that might require a shop?

Thanks!

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
@itsdapk curios about the custom tune, I believe I read that it requires the PCM to be sent in and unlocked, right? Considering it’s “illegal” (maybe not the best word choice) in the eyes of Jeep, will there be a different way of going about the PCM unlock if this thing gets approved? I imagine if it’s approved and given a mopar stock number than we wouldn’t need a PCM unlock and there would be a mopar sanctioned update or something. Care to shed some light on that?

Also, the 2yr/24k mike oil change interval. What type of oil is required? Is this a straight forward oil change much like an engine or is it a more adnvanced/complicated process that might require a shop?

Thanks!
The system uses traction fluid. It has to be sourced from Hamburgers, local shops/stores.do.not stock it.

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Did this happen yet? Going on the 2021 wish list if this gets approved!!
Covid put everything on hold for quite a while. We are waiting to get back on the schedule with them. They did give us some monitor tests to run while they were shut down to help speed up the process.

Sponsored

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation

Thanks!
All of those points are in discussion . That's all I can speak about at this time.
" I imagine if it’s approved and given a mopar stock number than we wouldn’t need a PCM unlock and there would be a mopar sanctioned update or something."
This would probably be the most accurate I would guess.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All of those points are in discussion . That's all I can speak about at this time.
" I imagine if it’s approved and given a mopar stock number than we wouldn’t need a PCM unlock and there would be a mopar sanctioned update or something."
This would probably be the most accurate I would guess.
Roger, have you guys been given any timelines?

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation

Thanks!
We recommend a shop to do the oil. Basically its just pumped out and refilled. You can also buy the fluid on amazon. Rotrex Traction fluid.
Sponsored