Hauling dogs? What’s your setup?

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
Love that top, looks just right.... almost regretting not ordering a color-matched top. Do you have the specifics (options you chose) for that topper? Which one was it and what did it set you back?
I'm really happy with the fit/finish/function, and the kids and dog love it.

Other than the color match, I went with a front slider window with the tilt down (easier cleaning), left and right windoor's (easy access and ventilation), just a single interior light (which has been fine), and the yakima bars so I can throw up my cargo basket or bike rack if I need to. $2200, including a free headliner, plus tax/install. There's an ARE thread around here with more discussion you can dig up, too.
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'm really happy with the fit/finish/function, and the kids and dog love it.

Other than the color match, I went with a front slider window with the tilt down (easier cleaning), left and right windoor's (easy access and ventilation), just a single interior light (which has been fine), and the yakima bars so I can throw up my cargo basket or bike rack if I need to. $2200, including a free headliner, plus tax/install. There's an ARE thread around here with more discussion you can dig up, too.
Awesome, thanks... I was playing around on the ARE site and it looks like the Classic CX is the way to go. I'll go dig up the thread.

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, thanks... I was playing around on the ARE site and it looks like the Classic CX is the way to go. I'll go dig up the thread.
I think Classic CX is the only one they have available for us, unless things have changed since I purchased.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You got a closeup pic of the setup?
I take it down after each trip so when I put it back up in a couple weeks I'll take some closer pictures.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I think Classic CX is the only one they have available for us, unless things have changed since I purchased.
They list the CX HD is available now... or its in the builder anyway. I just did a build and submitted it for a quote... so we'll see.

Sponsored

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They list the CX HD is available now... or its in the builder anyway. I just did a build and submitted it for a quote... so we'll see.
Awesome, I hope it's available and works out. I know a lot of folks were waiting for that one.

NGNERD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator Rubicon GCM
I have debated on putting on an overland style rack just so that i had a frame to attach some hardware mesh to for a giant dog crate when needed. We have 2 & they arent smart enough that I would trust them not to jump out from the bed. No room in the cab with 2 adults & 2 kids.
Would love to see this if you do it, thanks

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired photographer
I will probably have a back seat delete, new in the box for sale next week. I have a New Gladiator that will probably be bought back by Jeep with Lemon Law. There is a whole thread of us with my Jeep's problem. I ordered my back seat delete for my dog the first week I bought my Gladiator and it was a 60 day wait for the Back seat delete build. Message me if anyone wants to buy it from me. Still waiting on JEEP to get back to me.
I have to throw in the towel on my Jeep and Lemon Law it. But I wanted you all to know Goose Gear is awesome, I called them and told them I had to Lemon Law my Gladiator and they are taking the Back Seat Delete back. Great Company, I will use them again for sure..... after I lick my wounds at least a year before I try and buy another Gladiator.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I got a quote back from the local topper guy:

"The CX HD starts at $2240.00, free headliner, $75.00 front sliding window, $165.00 rope lighting, $175.00 each vented windoor and the roof basket is $850.00."

Sponsored

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I got a quote back from the local topper guy:

"The CX HD starts at $2240.00, free headliner, $75.00 front sliding window, $165.00 rope lighting, $175.00 each vented windoor and the roof basket is $850.00."
Did he have an ETA for arrival? I’m super glad they’re making it, pretty much a done deal for me.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
He didn't say, but I'll ask.
I actually already called and got a quote lol, that tells how eager I am... she said 7-8 weeks. But I was quoted $3400 for sliding front window, outdoorsman sides, dual lock rear, carpet and single rope led. Seems a bit much but I think I have more options than most

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my setup and it has worked quite well so far. I have cargo nets looped thru my rack at the top and the bottom is secured to the trail rail with grommets & bolts/cams. The back cargo net has quick release buckles attached to the tail gate to hold it in place.
I also installed lap belts to the trail rails and the dogs harness has the other end of the seat belt buckles in case I slam on the brakes or an accident the belts will lock up and stop the dogs from slamming into the front of the bed.

20200730_155538.jpg

20200626_133305.jpg
NICE! Your's is the one I was thinking of!

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I actually already called and got a quote lol, that tells how eager I am... she said 7-8 weeks. But I was quoted $3400 for sliding front window, outdoorsman sides, dual lock rear, carpet and single rope led. Seems a bit much but I think I have more options than most
Sorry, forgot to come back to this... my guy said 8 weeks. I was starting to think I wanted one of the steel campers out there... but that's $3600 with no options and I kind of want the carpet inside there for my doggos and in hopes that maybe it's a little bit of insulation.
Sponsored