Sponsored

Have you found a convenient spot in the gladiator for your wallet.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
After buying the Jeep...I have found myself in a position where carrying a wallet isn't in the cards...
Sponsored

Willcofam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
I've been putting mine in the door net. Not great but it's the only spot!
I like that better than leaving it on the console or under the netting behind the shifter. If I can see it when I get out, so could someone else trying to get in.

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTLE Black, 2018 JLRU White, 1967 Corvette Converible, 2011 997.2 TTS
I can't understand wallets and haven't carried one in 20 years. I wrap my license and a credit card in about 5-10 twenty dollar bills, never had an issue. I find it hilarious that people can pull out stuff they haven't actually used in years, but feel the need to carry it with them everyday like and episode of hoarders but for wallets. I must be missing something.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I can't understand wallets and haven't carried one in 20 years. I wrap my license and a credit card in about 5-10 twenty dollar bills, never had an issue. I find it hilarious that people can pull out stuff they haven't actually used in years, but feel the need to carry it with them everyday like and episode of hoarders but for wallets. I must be missing something.
So you've never had to provide an insurance card for medical or dental?
You have that much money at a given time!?? WOW! I'm lucky to have a 5 and a couple of ones.
Credit card, debit card, license, dental and medical insurance cards, voter registration card (they ask for that now and then when voting)

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I like that better than leaving it on the console or under the netting behind the shifter. If I can see it when I get out, so could someone else trying to get in.
Same here. Also just don't like sitting on it if I can avoid it. Got used to putting it in the door webbing in my 2014 Wrangler. Habit now.

You have that much money at a given time!?? WOW! I'm lucky to have a 5 and a couple of ones.
Credit card, debit card, license, dental and medical insurance cards, voter registration card (they ask for that now and then when voting)
2 credit cards, debit card, license, medical insurance and FSA account cards, AAA card, couple business cards and a $20. Not a ton of stuff but the wallet is definitely needed.

Sponsored

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, plenty of times I’ve had to provide those , 100% of the time I showed them a picture of the insurance card on my phone and they were cool with it.

Do you carry everything with you you might need 1 or two days a year? Do you carry your passport in your wallet or do you just bring it when it’s necessary? (I use my passport thankfully a hell of a lot more than an insurance card!)

It’s cool if dudes want to carry a bunch of unnecessary stuff around with them all the time, hell I have a 10,000 pound winch and all the recovery gear necessary to pull a tank out of a ditch in two jeeps so I’m no one to talk lol.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, plenty of times I’ve had to provide those , 100% of the time I showed them a picture of the insurance card on my phone and they were cool with it.

Do you carry everything with you you might need 1 or two days a year? Do you carry your passport in your wallet or do you just bring it when it’s necessary? (I use my passport thankfully a hell of a lot more than an insurance card!)

It’s cool if dudes want to carry a bunch of unnecessary stuff around with them all the time, hell I have a 10,000 pound winch and all the recovery gear necessary to pull a tank out of a ditch in two jeeps so I’m no one to talk lol.
Doesn't work like that here - you hand it to them, they scan it, and it becomes part of your records......

Get real - passport? Only need that when leaving the country. Now you are being just plain silly about it. Good grief.
Insurance card could be needed almost any time - both my wife and I have each been out when we've needed to either go to ER or urgent care and needed that card. I was sitting in a restaurant and suddenly ended up having an emergency IV after a doctor told me to drive - quickly - to their other location. Glad I had that card - my wife grabbed my wallet and provided my ID and card. Yeah, it was necessary.
1 or 2 days a year? Oh to have perfect health and never be in any accidents.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My wife buys the RFID material and makes her own 'card holders'. Inexpensive to make, thin, light, flexible.
It's what she uses when traveling to Europe and other far-off places.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I never let mine leave my person. It's that easy - comfort or not. There have been times with my CHEVY, those seats were not comfy with a wallet in the pocket and then it went into the console........ but so far the seats in the JT have been ok with wallet in pocket. Or, I move wallet to front. OR, if I were to decide to take it out of my pocket, I'd use this - the Christmas present my wife bought me - and these are great!

https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Sparta-2018-2019-Gladiator-Accessories/dp/B07ZZ235V2
When they came out with cargo pants, I gave up all other pants. I hate sitting on my wallet and fell in love with the side pockets. Found as couple of pairs of dockers that have a small zippered side pocket when I want to dress up a little. But I would never be taking it out of my pants and leaving it places, too easy to loose.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Its not the wallet or the Gladiator seats. Y'all got it all wrong. Its the damn low ass pockets on the pants these days! I swear I never used to have an issue with my wallet until recent years. Stupid low/waist cut jeans. I don't even carry my wallet anymore because of it. I'd like too, but wa too uncomfortable. I use a cell phone case that has slots for ID, cash and cards. Typically fits in my front pocket, but fits perfectly in between the e-brake and cup holders.

Edit: I got my threads confused! So overall answer doesn't change. Right between the e-break and cup holder.

Last edited:

OL1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't work like that here - you hand it to them, they scan it, and it becomes part of your records......

Get real - passport? Only need that when leaving the country. Now you are being just plain silly about it. Good grief.
Insurance card could be needed almost any time - both my wife and I have each been out when we've needed to either go to ER or urgent care and needed that card. I was sitting in a restaurant and suddenly ended up having an emergency IV after a doctor told me to drive - quickly - to their other location. Glad I had that card - my wife grabbed my wallet and provided my ID and card. Yeah, it was necessary.
1 or 2 days a year? Oh to have perfect health and never be in any accidents.

It’s amazing I’ve survived as long as I have! They do have these new things called computers that can look stuff up, it has miraculously worked for me all over the country with never having my card with me. Broken collar bone snowboarding in Colorado, no problemo. Visit to the ER in Maui, no issue. Visit to me local doctor, yep it’s in the system. By the way I’m from Iowa originally as well, parents live in Waverly (and my dad carries his 3” thick wallet everywhere as well so I understand a lot of people feel the need to lug stuff around)

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
wow you all still use a wallet? I use my phone or watch to pay for everything. Do you need a place for your checkbook too haha.
Sponsored