Sponsored

Have you found a convenient spot in the gladiator for your wallet.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I'm in no way a two fisted drinker, one and done for me. That said, I've carried a koozie as my wallet for the last 30+ years.

Wallet.jpg
Sponsored

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I find it hilarious that people can pull out stuff they haven't actually used in years, but feel the need to carry it with them everyday like and episode of hoarders but for wallets. I must be missing something.
Have a friend who has finally got a smaller sized wallet. For years he carried useless stuff like his Library card he got when in elementary school. He hasn't been to a library for years lol.

I hate how every damn company under the sun has loyalty, or perks, cards and they ask me every time I buy something to sign up for one. No, I don't want your crap so if I spend $100 I get a free candy bar!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It’s amazing I’ve survived as long as I have! They do have these new things called computers that can look stuff up, it has miraculously worked for me all over the country with never having my card with me. Broken collar bone snowboarding in Colorado, no problemo. Visit to the ER in Maui, no issue. Visit to me local doctor, yep it’s in the system. By the way I’m from Iowa originally as well, parents live in Waverly (and my dad carries his 3” thick wallet everywhere as well so I understand a lot of people feel the need to lug stuff around)
No need for a condescending tone here - I was building and using computers when the IBM PC was still a big thing - the 8088, before the 80286.
You act like it's a "choice" - here, the reason they require photo ID and an insurance CARD with a visit is because people were coming in with numbers, copies, photos of cards and - you'll love this - they were NOT THEIR CARDS - all they had was a photo or scan or copy of the card. The doctors and insurance companies were being defrauded. So unless you have been to the clinics here "recently" meaning in the last year - you either have that card or you pay for services at the time of visit - because people were defrauding the doctors and insurance companies. Computers make that so much easier. I guess that doesn't happen where you are?
I'll bet if you come back to Iowa, the Des Moines area, go to a Mercy location and try to get in - I'll bet they require a photo ID and your insurance CARD. They can't look it up outside of the system. How can a doctor in Maine look up your insurance card info scanned in on a system in Arizona if it's not all owned and operated by the same outfit? There's a thing called HIPAA too where no records can be shared.
So explain how you can be in the system in HI and show up in CO? I can't even go from Mercy in DSM to Methodist - because they are not allowed by law to share any information.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Have a friend who has finally got a smaller sized wallet. For years he carried useless stuff like his Library card he got when in elementary school. He hasn't been to a library for years lol.

I hate how every damn company under the sun has loyalty, or perks, cards and they ask me every time I buy something to sign up for one. No, I don't want your crap so if I spend $100 I get a free candy bar!
There are a couple that are handy - I buy enough car parts it's nice getting 5 and 10 buck coupons in the mail from O'Reilly's now and then but all they ask is a phone number.
I won't carry all those silly cards.
Almost all of the "perks" or "loyalty" things will go by a phone number, no card needed. But most places I don't shop often enough to make it even worthwhile "joining".

One difference is a card we get from a local grocery chain that gives us big fuel discounts - swipe that card and at times I can save from 20 cents to a buck, even more, per gallon of gas. Figure if I save even 50 cents a gallon times 20 gallons, that's decent savings. That one card is worth keeping around. Buy so much in certain groceries and you earn money off for gas - and every so often they load up the card with extra discounts. Go to their stations or the Casey's stations and we've taken the price down from $2.32 per gallon down to like $1.19 a gallon. Now that's a good card to have. But that's one you can just keep in the vehicle. My wife has a small version she keeps on her key chain.
The stuff I carry can be kept in a front pocket. I don't normally, but could.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
I don’t like leaving my wallet in the center console because I will forget it too often if i don’t see it as I am getting out of the truck. My JK had a nice spot right beyond the gear shifter with some webbing that I could put it in and I would see it as I got out so I wouldn’t forget it. Anyone have a good spot to suggest. I know several people will suggest my pocket but my fat old man wallet and my skinny butt don’t make that an uncomfortable ride.
Duh... my back pocket where it always lives! If your wallet’s too big for your pocket, you’re a caricature of a Boomer! Organize your stuff into a contemporary wallet designed for credit cards! And start using larger bills (denominations)! lol! ;{

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
And start using larger bills (denominations)! lol! ;{
And buy more expensive stuff or tip well to eliminate getting smaller denominations back! ;)

I never carry cash; pay with my bank debit card or credit card (and pay it off online). Mostly because I hate coins and, though thankfully we no longer have pennies in Canada, we still have the Loonie and Toonie.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Cash? What's that? A snack food? A toy? What is this cash stuff you keep referring to? I guess I didn't realize a wallet was designed for "cash".

Rafael's Jive

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Scrambler, 09 WRX, 17 Forester, and to many bicycles
I have had this wallet for almost ten years. Fits in the front pocket and comes with RFID blocking. The salmon skin started to wear in the past year. I will buy another one for sure. Always goes in my front pocket.

https://www.rogue-industries.com/co...ts/products/made-in-maine-rogue-wallet-salmon

The struggle I have is where to keep the phone. The console is just a smidgen to small for a phone with a cord. Otherwise, there is no place else where the cord doesn't become a hassle. I usually keep the phone in the cup holder closest to the console, but I still hit the cord with my arm on occasion.

Sponsored

UncleChanBlake

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Education
I carry mine in my front pocket of my cargo pants. Always. If I’m wearing shorts, they are generally cargo shorts with a front pocket.

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So many people commenting on why carry a wallet and that it is outdated yet not a single comment on the multiple cargo short/pant comments? :facepalm:

When mine isn't in my pocket between the e-brake and console works well.

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I was pick pocketed about 35 years ago. Wallet has been in my front pocket ever since, carry just couple cards and some cash. Wallet of choice is Machine Era Titanium. Minimalist design, light weight, indestructible, ain't cheap, cry once. I have one of the earlier Machine Era heavy brass ones also, the brass has been discontinued for years, looks great with some serious age on it, has character. The titanium is definitely a nice upgrade from the older heavy brass, but that brass with it's patina has some soul. I'll switch them up occasionally. Aside from the replacable elastic bands, it will last your life time, the grandkids will be fighting over it when you're composting.
https://www.machine-era.com/collections/frontpage

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I stick mine up in the tray by the windshield or in the cupholder.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
cargo pants pocket only. My habbit of leaving the doors off for months at a time tends to prevent use of the cab for any storage, lol
Sponsored