Sponsored

Have you noticed this on your buildsheet?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So for the sake of completism, the MT tires carry a Q speed rating which is 99mph, Jeep probably took the conservative view and knowed ~2% off that to correspond to the typical 2% over read error your speedo will have to account for tire wear ( less tread = smaller diameter = more revolutions per mile = inaccurate speedo). Which means you should always be “safe” on max wheel speed even if you pegged the truck on the limiter.
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The speed calibration is likely tied to the ESS/ABS wheel speed sensors, there is a range of “normal” and then based on steering angle sensor it expects to see a known quantity of variation. It then feeds this data to the dial gauge in the dash and the digital speedo in the cluster. They should agree but the gauge is limited by the never ending fight between accuracy and precision. The over read induced error is to account for tire wear but serves a bonus function of making you think you are going just a little slower than you think you are.

Jimmoiv

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 jeep Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Huh. Mine says 110 mph. I ordered a sports s with the a/t tires

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Huh. Mine says 110 mph. I ordered a sports s with the a/t tires
The root of the complaint seems to be that rubicons on mud tires can't do more than 97mph which is kinda like complaining that your Jazzy Scooter can't pull 9's in the 1/4.

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Once tuning is released youll be able to set whatever speed you want.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I'd be surprised this JT can sustain 80-85mph cruising speed without it wandering all over the place on the freeway and running out of fuel in short order thanks to the bad aerodynamics and terrible fuel economy which is exponential as you go faster and faster.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be surprised this JT can sustain 80-85mph cruising speed without it wandering all over the place on the freeway and running out of fuel in short order thanks to the bad aerodynamics and terrible fuel economy which is exponential as you go faster and faster.
I've had mine up there for several miles in a 50mph+ wind trying to outrun the derecho last fall..... damn near made it, too. It did fine but I did have to hang on with both hands as that sort of a cross wind is really crazy as you pass semis.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I've had mine up there for several miles in a 50mph+ wind trying to outrun the derecho last fall..... damn near made it, too. It did fine but I did have to hang on with both hands as that sort of a cross wind is really crazy as you pass semis.
I'm sure. I love cruising in the JT but on freeways above 65mph you feel the shakiness coming in and as you get off the transitions, you feel the wobble. It's light years ahead of the Wrangler in the wobbling and bumpiness, but that's not saying much.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure. I love cruising in the JT but on freeways above 65mph you feel the shakiness coming in and as you get off the transitions, you feel the wobble. It's light years ahead of the Wrangler in the wobbling and bumpiness, but that's not saying much.
Yours must have some issues - mine is rock-solid at 80. I'm a rather fast driver at times as I get impatient and want to get there NOW (ADHD)
I was easily doing 80-85 from Ames to Des Moines that day, never felt a shake or wobble or instability. And that was with that crazy wind blowing in.
I'll take this thing up to 80 as easily and confidently as I did my F250 or Silverado or either of my cars. Where the speed limit is 70 I typically do 75.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Not that I ever speed, but a few toll roads around here will get you run over if you’re doing less than 85.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Yours must have some issues - mine is rock-solid at 80. I'm a rather fast driver at times as I get impatient and want to get there NOW (ADHD)
I was easily doing 80-85 from Ames to Des Moines that day, never felt a shake or wobble or instability. And that was with that crazy wind blowing in.
I'll take this thing up to 80 as easily and confidently as I did my F250 or Silverado or either of my cars. Where the speed limit is 70 I typically do 75.
The speed limiter on the Sport is higher, like 107 IIRC.
Anyway, I've had mine upwards of that number (I'm not telling) and it handled very predictably, exhibiting zero issues.

I'm sorry but "aerodynamics" and "Jeep" do not belong in the same sentence.
Sure they do. Just because Jeeps have the aerodynamics of a barn...

Kevin
Sponsored