OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
As I understand it, "For Off Road Use Only" simply means the manufacturer hasn't tested the product on every possible vehicle.
Sponsored

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
Get Sylvania Zevo 7443 Led bulbs for the Drl, I have those for the DRL and the turn signal and they are super bright. You can almost drive with just them on and see. I got my DRL set to the turn signals.

7443 led amber for turns

7443 led white for DRL

Turn Signals only.
IMG_20200503_202701.jpg

Both together
IMG_20200503_202734.jpg
So for the LED DRLs, did you add a resistor to prevent hyperflash, flickering, etc? Was trying to avoid that and why I was just thinking about halogen ambers.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So for the LED DRLs, did you add a resistor to prevent hyperflash, flickering, etc? Was trying to avoid that and why I was just thinking about halogen ambers.
No I didn't have to there was no hyperflashing on mine with these. I do have a JScan but I didn't have to set for the leds because I wasn't experiencing any flickering or hyperflashing. Same thing with the Hikari Headlight bulbs I'm running, they don't need resistors and they don't flicker either.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got an email stating my Oracle Oculus headlights and fog lights are on their way. Yay!

I'll post a review and install pics since people seem to like that kind of thing. Since they shipped USPS, I don't expect to see them until next year.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the headlights today. Install was no problem. Easy peasy.

I went to install the fog lights and, after removing the splash shield and fender guards, I discovered the lights don't fit. I thought I ordered what the Oracle rep recommended which is part number 5846-504.

The web site is a bit confusing. The picture suggests I require part number 5847. The note below the diagram states, " ** JT Sport Models with Tow Package will need PART#5846** ". Well, 5846 doesn't fit, so I'm thinking I need 5847 as the picture suggests. I emailed Oracle and will post an update when I hear back from them.

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...0w-led-fog-lights?_pos=1&_sid=f51afb098&_ss=r

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
I installed the headlights today. Install was no problem. Easy peasy.

I went to install the fog lights and, after removing the splash shield and fender guards, I discovered the lights don't fit. I thought I ordered what the Oracle rep recommended which is part number 5846-504.

The web site is a bit confusing. The picture suggests I require part number 5847. The note below the diagram states, " ** JT Sport Models with Tow Package will need PART#5846** ". Well, 5846 doesn't fit, so I'm thinking I need 5847 as the picture suggests. I emailed Oracle and will post an update when I hear back from them.

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...0w-led-fog-lights?_pos=1&_sid=f51afb098&_ss=r
Good Morning! Do you want to send a picture in a DM to us and I can confirm this for you.
If you have the JT with the Tow Package you will need 5846 just to clarify.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good Morning! Do you want to send a picture in a DM to us and I can confirm this for you.
If you have the JT with the Tow Package you will need 5846 just to clarify.
Thank you for your offer to assist. Part number 5846 is what is on the invoice, but they don't fit. I have sent you a message with a picture of the fog lights.

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Did you install the DV8 LED headlights? Ive been looking at them and am curious about the results/look.
No I think I was gonna go that route though eventually, I know a guy that did I’ll ask him and let you know

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
As I understand it, "For Off Road Use Only" simply means the manufacturer hasn't tested the product on every possible vehicle.
In this case it's because LED bulbs don't comply to the DOT standard and aren't legal for use on road. Off Road Use Only is the generic disclaimer OEMs use to get around the fact they haven't certified their parts.

I have seen people get flagged for them in VA during state inspections if the tech wants to be super picky.

For your original question, I'm sure it's been mentioned but the OEM LED headlights work great without the halos... I didn't bother wiring mine up and the only part that might bother someone is that it's just the dome in the center that lights up so you don't get that iconic round look. That does bother me a bit and I didn't want to route through the firewall so I'll just be building harness adapters to tap the halo into the headlight wire once Mouser gets the pins in stock.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To follow up, although I like the Oculus headlights, the fog lights did not fit. I provided my correct vehicle description and ordered the correct part number. Oracle asked me to return the fog lights and they provided a shipping label. Cool.

Last edited:

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Get Sylvania Zevo 7443 Led bulbs for the Drl, I have those for the DRL and the turn signal and they are super bright. You can almost drive with just them on and see. I got my DRL set to the turn signals.

7443 led amber for turns

7443 led white for DRL

Turn Signals only.
IMG_20200503_202701.jpg

Both together
IMG_20200503_202734.jpg
Thanks for this.
8 months old and one of my halogen DRL burned out already. In all fairness, I just drove across the entire state of MA yesterday, with their horrible pothole-ridden highways. That's probably what did it in. Really didn't want to go with any of the no-name chinese led bulbs, especially if I really have to pull the wheelwell liner just to get to it. Ordered the Zevos online, since they were less than half the price of the auto parts store. I can live without one DRL for a week.
Sponsored