First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Okay now after reading several posts on headlight upgrades I’m really confused. I have a 2021 gladiator with no power options or tow package. My grandkids never saw a window crank before…
What is needed to upgrade to brighter
Headlights big and low beam??
Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Google can help with this. Check the usual 4x4 websites. Personally and JMO, I like the standard Halogens when there is snow, that said, I'm not a huge LED fan for winter driving. I do have 9 forward LED mounted off-road AUX lights, driving lights, backup lights and so on, but headlights I like non-bright white Halogens, to melt falling snow that sticks to the headlights. I don't care for all the LED "Halo's" in different colors and so on. I'm old school "Function over form" But thats just me. I do like lots of light, so if your not running any additional off road lights, LED's might be a good alternative to just stock lighting. See you on the trails............hopefully.

Last edited:

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
I put on the Oracle Oculus LED lights and I’m happy with them.
You shouldn’t need heated LED’s in Florida and snow won’t be an issue.

If snow is a concern get the heated version..
Are the OEM’s heated?

Last edited:

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I put on the Oracle Oculus LED lights and I’m happy with them.
You shouldn’t need heated LED’s in Florida and snow won’t be an issue.
I was going to say, it seems like everyone doing aftermarket led headlights are using Oracle.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I checked with Oracle, their bi-oculus leds are plug-n-play with factory halogens. No need for JScan/tazer. So that’s what I’ll be getting eventually. The fogs and drls too.

Sponsored

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I went with Oracle. They were plug and play and a major upgrade over the stock halogens.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I have oracle. I went with the heated once through a group buy. Plug and play with my Sport S. Happy with @ORACLElights and their response to inquiries as well.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Google can help with this. Check the usual 4x4 websites. Personally and JMO, I like the standard Halogens when there is snow, that said, I'm not a huge LED fan for winter driving. I do have 9 forward mounted off-road LED lights, driving lights, backup lights and so on, but headlights I like non-bright white LED. I don't care for all the "Halo's" in different colors and so on. I'm old school "Function over form" But thats just me. I do like lots of light, so if your not running any additional off road lights, LED's might be a good alternative to just stock lighting. See you on the trails............hopefully.
Yeah I actually decided to keep the halogens living in NE. The stock halogens were straight trash to the point I couldn’t see anything where it became a danger to me. I moved over to some sylvania silverstar ultras in bright white. Huge upgrade to the point where it’s as bright as LEDS and people flashed me initially. Had to adjust angle. The only issue will be burn out on these being as they are so bright. When they do burn I will prob go Oracle heated.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I actually decided to keep the halogens living in NE. The stock halogens were straight trash to the point I couldn’t see anything where it became a danger to me. I moved over to some sylvania silverstar ultras in bright white. Huge upgrade to the point where it’s as bright as LEDS and people flashed me initially. Had to adjust angle. The only issue will be burn out on these being as they are so bright. When they do burn I will prob go Oracle heated.
That is an awesome idea! I like it. Having the ability to melt snow off the main headlights while driving is something LED users just don’t understand.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
People are flashing their high beams because the design of the halogen headlights is horrible. They aren’t bright because they have horrible light scatter. Now you’re still getting the same light scatter because of the terrible design, but it’s brighter and more noticeable to oncoming traffic.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
That is an awesome idea! I like it. Having the ability to melt snow off the main headlights while driving is something LED users just don’t understand.
Keep in mind the deep wells the headlights set in. That right there is a huge contributor to snow-covered headlights. Even with halogen lamps it’s a challenge to keep things cleared off.

I went with properly-designed replacement LED lamps, and I’ve been quite happy with the results.
There are several threads on here discussing the topic.

Kevin

Reactions: Mac

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind the deep wells the headlights set in. That right there is a huge contributor to snow-covered headlights. Even with halogen lamps it’s a challenge to keep things cleared off.

I went with properly-designed replacement LED lamps, and I’ve been quite happy with the results.
There are several threads on here discussing the topic.

well aware, going on 2.5 years with my JT in the Rocky Mtns. Our other cars have LED’s. Even on the highways they get caked with snow that will not melt, causing me to pull over every 50 or so miles during storms to clear my headlights, but the halogens have 0 problems, that and pure white LED’s will cause white out snow blindness when its snowing, In snowing weather, lights need heat to melt accumulated snow, at least for me. With 9 LED aux lights I’m able to compare side by side.My favorite lites are my KC Daylighters w/130 watt halogen bulbs. They give full spectrum lighting out to a 1/2 mile. I have not seen any single LED that can match them, at least as of 2019 when i purchased my JT. They may have caught up by now tho.
FEFFBFC2-7F76-4C67-BE6F-2A6D6FBA8B09.jpeg

A3582219-3463-415A-AD8C-8D771078A921.jpeg

F0DC29F1-6B98-4A06-975D-2DFCA996D369.jpeg

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
After one of my Hikari led headlight bulbs went out I decided to try the Beamtech Led Headlight bulbs. I bought the Hikari bulbs used so all together they lasted a little over 2yrs, 18 months on my rig. Bought the Beamtech in November and they have the same beam pattern as the Hikari. I rarely get flashed and they provide plenty of light when going down the road. I get flashed more in the BMW than I do in the jeep and it has stock led headlights in it.

Just the headlights

Jeep Gladiator Headlight upgrade major confusion PXL_20220109_103606362.MP

With the Alla led foglight bulbs

Jeep Gladiator Headlight upgrade major confusion PXL_20220109_103623565.MP

All together i got like $55 in the bulbs, headlights and foglight, just make sure you adjust them right. I'm sure someone will try to contradict this post and tell you that I'm the devil for running these lights or that Daniel Stern would not be pleased but I'm not in the market for trying to please everyone, I'm good with it.

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I went complete after market LED's in my halogen housings this fall. Absolutely love them. I did a proper headlight aiming and have never been flashed by an oncoming vehicle since swapping them out. Im in Florida so snow is not a concern. I went with Firehawk's for the headlights and ALLA for the turns, fogs, and DRL's. Light output is so much better and the crisp white color just cuts through the darkness. I also switched the fogs to an amber and love that as well.
Sponsored