First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
I posted this in the warranty/issues section but it's not getting much traction. Figured I would try the Ecodiesel specific section. I Had a heater hose blow off last night on my way home. Has anybody else had this issue? It kinda looks like the hose and clamp simply weren't seated properly from the factory, but I don't know. A search on Herr doesn't seem to indicate this is common. 21 JTRD with only 1100kms on it, on the tow truck already. Oddly enough, the two issues I've had (axle seal being the other one) have been mechanical and not related to emissions or electronics at all.

Jeep Gladiator Heater hose issue? 20220131_181409
Sponsored

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
This looks like a QC issue. Maybe it'd be worth for other people to check their hoses

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
I haven't heard of this being a known or repeat issue but thanks for reporting it here. I wonder how pressurized the system is.

STLDAVE

First Name
DAve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner, Shopping for JT
Occupation
Retired
I posted this in the warranty/issues section but it's not getting much traction. Figured I would try the Ecodiesel specific section. I Had a heater hose blow off last night on my way home. Has anybody else had this issue? It kinda looks like the hose and clamp simply weren't seated properly from the factory, but I don't know. A search on Herr doesn't seem to indicate this is common. 21 JTRD with only 1100kms on it, on the tow truck already. Oddly enough, the two issues I've had (axle seal being the other one) have been mechanical and not related to emissions or electronics at all.

Jeep Gladiator Heater hose issue? 20220131_181409
I can't find it now, but I do remember seeing one, maybe two, other people with the same problem. I think you're right about it not being seated properly.

OP
OP
willhonkforparts

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
UPDATE: Got the truck back this afternoon, they said it was that the clamp just didn't fully engage (or clamp) from factory. I'll keep an eye on it as I put more miles on.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I had a heater hose blow off on a brand new motorhome with 200 miles on it. The only thing we could figure out was that the hose was never seated all the way on.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
yeah you see that little tab going through the hole? Thats like that to make positioning the clamps easier and then when you squeeze the clamp it disengages the tab and clamps tight. Im shocked it didn't pop off earlier...
Sponsored