Sponsored

Help a middle-aged Marine with your opinion

Opinion needed for these grab handles. Help a Marine out.

• Total voters

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I am trying my hand at making some paracord grab handles. Using some nostalgic USMC colors (green, red and gold) with a nod to my Gobi. This is just a prototype to see about the color combo. I know they probably hang down too far. So what do you all think about the design and color combo? Please leave a comment after the vote if you don't mind.

Jeep Gladiator Help a middle-aged Marine with your opinion 20220808_202441

Jeep Gladiator Help a middle-aged Marine with your opinion 20220808_202041

Jeep Gladiator Help a middle-aged Marine with your opinion 20220808_202034
Sponsored

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
I think it looks good but I would figure out a way to increase the amount of material actually affixed to the vehicle. Just the two lengths of cord on each end while sufficient for pull strength just looks weird to me. Beef it up in that area and I think they will look great.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
The color is neat, reminds of these seats a friends mother had in her jeep when I was growing up.

Ive never personally understood why folks get these handles since the JT comes with grab handles already molded into the A pillar. But with that in mind I suppose it couldn't hurt to have a set of low profile handles on the roll bar. Id maybe keep them hanging MUCH closer to the bar, nearly in contact with it. That way a user can still get their hands in there to grab it, but it doesn't whack them in the head every time they get in and out.

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I think it looks good but I would figure out a way to increase the amount of material actually affixed to the vehicle. Just the two lengths of cord on each end while sufficient for pull strength just looks weird to me. Beef it up in that area and I think they will look great.
Thanks for the feedback. Might change up the design of that area. I agree it is missing something.

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
The color is neat, reminds of these seats a friends mother had in her jeep when I was growing up.

Ive never personally understood why folks get these handles since the JT comes with grab handles already molded into the A pillar. But with that in mind I suppose it couldn't hurt to have a set of low profile handles on the roll bar. Id maybe keep them hanging MUCH closer to the bar, nearly in contact with it. That way a user can still get their hands in there to grab it, but it doesn't whack them in the head every time they get in and out.
My knees are not what they used to be and the extra straight line lift helps a little with getting in. Secondly is just a way to add some custom touches.

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I agree with previous reply. They look great but need to be beefed up on the ends. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who weighs way too much
I am using 550 paracord. Unless I am hanging full weight, I think the screw would give before the cord (I hope). Also, I'm not quite as fit as I was when left the Marines a couple of decades ago. So I hear you.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red

If you gotta ask, then your jeep is too short haha. I use mine when I take the steps off the rock sliders in conjunction with the front handle to haul my ass up and in since it's like a 3-3.5 foot ingress

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Ive never personally understood why folks get these handles since the JT comes with grab handles already molded into the A pillar.
Provide symmetry assistance to my wife when Jeep leans.

Sponsored

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Jeep Gladiator Help a middle-aged Marine with your opinion IMG_4035

I didn't like the limitation of the bolt points, plus when I take off the Sunrider to go topless the handles would need to come off. So all 4 doors have this setup. Will be making another pair for the head rest too. I bought all of it from https://www.paracordplanet.com

I like the color combo too!

They have a ton of colors and the hardware is legit!

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Jeep Gladiator Help a middle-aged Marine with your opinion IMG_4035

I didn't like the limitation of the bolt points, plus when I take off the Sunrider to go topless the handles would need to come off. So all 4 doors have this setup. Will be making another pair for the head rest too. I bought all of it from https://www.paracordplanet.com

I like the color combo too!

They have a ton of colors and the hardware is legit!
I was thinking of mounting like this in some way, but was worried about interference with shades or when I can get the RR Voyager soft top. Do you notice any clearance issues with the Sunrider?

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Looks good sir , just needs to be closer to bar .
Not dangling to hit your head .

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I have a medical condition and those a pillar handles dont work for me by themselves. I need the A pillar and a top handle to get in and out as I have to grab with two hands with one hand being a lift straight up. That is one reason for them.

My wife hates the A pillar and prefers the O sh*t hold on handle to be above her. That is the other I can think of, which is preference.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
100% agree with @Gren71
Colors work. Semper Fi, Marine.

Sponsored