Sponsored

Help me decide to go 35s or not on Mojave!

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
Coming from a 2020 JLU diesel to the 2021 Mojave, the engine in this thing feels so underpowered and cries to baby Jesus going up steep inclines at high altitude on the interstate. It already needs lower gears than 4:10 with the stock 33" tires, but it sounds like 35" tires don't make much difference anyway since it's already gutless. That should hold me off for now, but the minute Jeep drops the diesel or a HEMI in the Mojave, this one's getting traded back in.

I agree that the stock 4.10 gears aren't adequate with the factory 33" tires. When I moved to 35s I really feel it needs 4.56 or even 4.88. I'll be re-gearing soon.
Sponsored

PR Glad

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I plan to run 35 x 12.50 x 17 tires on a stock mojave and want to ensure no rubbing....I have seen many posts reporting no problems. I am unsure, however, which of those are running the same wheel offset, etc. Does anyone have experience with this tire width/size on a stock mojave and 17 x 8.5 and 18mm wheel?

JeepRage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
For anyone still looking, 315 BFG KO2s, Method wheels with +25 offset. Tuck nicely, obviously no rubbing, and factory 4.11s still allow 8th gear.

Ride is softer and improved. Would love to have gone 37 BFG, but absolutely would need regear and lift as a start, and I don't need the height at the end of the day.

PXL_20220726_162412700.jpg

Sponsored

Ray Howrad

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Tow Package
For anyone still looking, 315 BFG KO2s, Method wheels with +25 offset. Tuck nicely, obviously no rubbing, and factory 4.11s still allow 8th gear.

Ride is softer and improved. Would love to have gone 37 BFG, but absolutely would need regear and lift as a start, and I don't need the height at the end of the day.

Jeep Gladiator Help me decide to go 35s or not on Mojave! PXL_20220726_162412700
What mirrors are those??

JeepRage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Quadratec. They vibrate on the highway, and whistled before I shaved the edge rib off. Had the same issue on my JKU mirrors. They are fine... I don't know if any good options really exist.

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Going from the 315's to a 35 is hardly noticeable. If your going to spend the money for tires go 37's.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Quadratec. They vibrate on the highway, and whistled before I shaved the edge rib off. Had the same issue on my JKU mirrors. They are fine... I don't know if any good options really exist.
Some great options exist.
Jeep Gladiator Help me decide to go 35s or not on Mojave! PXL_20220818_002227407

Sponsored

skyleranelson

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave

Jeep Gladiator Help me decide to go 35s or not on Mojave! PXL_20220818_002227407
I love this. Any more photos? This a sting gray?

unixxx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

PXL_20220726_162412700.jpg
Nice looking truck.

I'm running 37 BFG's on the stock 4.10 gears right now and don't feel regearing is required. Ideal but not required.

The reason you'll hit 8th a lot less often is because it's needed a lot less often given the higher effective gearing provided by the tires. Conceptually, all the gears slide down, so you're really losing 1st. Unless you're towing or trying to do a burn out, I'm not sure this is a practical loss. On the trail, 4-Lo should compensate to a good extent. Just remember to reprogram the tire size in the computer so it can shift properly.

I actually have the Spicer 4.88's in my garage and don't feel any urgency to install them.

Jeep Gladiator Help me decide to go 35s or not on Mojave! IMG_1844

Chaos Theory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I put 35s on my Mojave (3.6). 4.10 gearing was "adequate" until I then also put on steel bumpers, winch, full belly skids, etc. That was a bridge too far for the torque-desperate pentastar, and I have another couple hundred pounds of additions left.

I'll likely re-gear soon.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Can’t imagine how gutless it must be with 37s, I have 34s and the power loss is pretty noticeable
Yup. I get a kick out of “not noticeable” comments. My two cents…it’s absolutely worth it (315/70-17 / 34.4” here).

That being said, someone would have to be remarkably unobservant to not notice the difference in acceleration vs. stock.
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac