First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Man I hated the 0700 FOD walk after my 2100 to 0730 shift. Talk about zombie walk. We had a maintenance chief that would love to hide one of his rank backers and make us walk until we found it. Think the record was 6 walks over hour and a half. CO found out why his flight was delayed and that was the last backer that was hidden.

Thanks for the memories and probable nightmares tonight.
Did my last for walk in 2020. I was a cone but volunteered to help the knuckle draggers.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That plastic trim price comes off. I know as I’ve had mine off. Look up the gen3 rock slide engineering slider step install video. They show how to remove and reinstall it. Not horrible, but will likely make you swear a bit.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If I do any, it would be those, most likely. However, I love the way the standard OVerland running boards protect the body. I can drive through wet mucky stuff, winter slush and salt and sand, mud, whatever and you can see the pattern of those protecting the door areas.

So I'd be torn - and would have to see, and get in and out of one with the RSE power steps to see how they fit, how well they work for me and my wife, and how they protect. These running boards really do a great job protecting from rock chips along the side.
If you were closer I’d happily let you try mine out. They work great for my wife and two small kids.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Did my last for walk in 2020. I was a cone but volunteered to help the knuckle draggers.
Not going to lie. Had to look that one up. So which sailor/marine were you trying to impress by volunteering? Or were you just trying to get out of some other duty? J/K 😇

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Edit: I think the answer has been posted ( ; thanks @Cape taco12 and @Rockabillyroy !) Will restart the thread if I need further help.

I’m aware that this is dumb, but I suppose most of us have gotten into jams of our own making.

I was screwing panels back together after replacing the driver’s side knee panel speaker and dropped my wrench, of all places it could have fallen, down a tiny hole.

I want to pry off the panel I think it’s under, if possible, but I don’t know what the procedure is to do so, or what the panel is called, to look it up.

Please see the attached photo for more detail, if you think you can help with either a how-to or what that panel is called.

The yellow arrow points to the hole it fell down and the green arrow to the panel I want to remove.

BDD58B76-CA4C-487A-AB41-BF84A9E68F0C.jpeg
Did you get it out?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Y’all are missing the obvious. It will likely fall back out first time you roll it!
Sponsored