Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Well looks like I get to do some diagnosing this weekend.

I noticed today after running an errand that the Genesis system disconnected the aux from the main battery today after leaving the truck parked otuside a business for only a few minutes. The battery combiner opens when it senses 12.7 or less volts on either battery for I think 2 minutes. Thinking that strange, since they are on a battery tender constantly when home, I went to look under the hood after getting home. It was then I noticed these guys. One was up, one was down.

It appears they are all full of garbage and not functioning. I can push them both down and they barely come back up half way. I have to pull on them to go the rest of their distance. The seal looks worn out and seems like from the last summers adventures, the sensor body is full of dust and road grime making them unable to freely move like normal.
Jeep Gladiator Hood switches IMG_4108.JPG

Curious - has anyone else experienced these sensors gumming up so soon? I have only been through muddy water one time for that filming a year ago. I can't imagine that would have caused these to gum up. Seems pretty poor of a design the way these switches can allow water and stuff down them at all times. As you can see on the one on the right, the rubber seal does not seem to be doing its job.

@AllMoparParts.com - Benny - what do these go for? Thinking it would be easier and faster to just buy them and replace them than drive 2 hours to try and warranty them out.

With this, I also noticed though that the main starting battery was sitting at only 12.8v even after sitting uninterrupted for 15 minutes. At the same time I checked the aux in the bed (both removed from the tender at the same time) and it was still sitting at a surface charge voltage of 13.something.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
Parts diagram makes me wonder if you can take it apart and clean it.

Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Parts diagram makes me wonder if you can take it apart and clean it.
Put the new ones in! Try to clean and test the old. If they are good put them in a safe place for next time. I have so many safe places, it's getting difficult to remember where they all are.

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
Put the new ones in! Try to clean and test the old. If they are good put them in a safe place for next time. I have so many safe places, it's getting difficult to remember where they all are.
I feel your hoarder pain.

Jeep Gladiator Hood switches 1711653840234-uv

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
One of mine got stuck in the down position, just from dust I guess, sprayed a little WD40, just a little, been working fine ever since.
Sponsored