Sponsored

Houston we have a problem

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ā€˜17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ā€˜73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Well I was truly impressed with the speed of the Sting Gray progress but
I found out this evening all is not as it seems. I received an update from the tracker giving me a build sheet.
I noted that the LED package I ordered at the dealer was not on the sheet. I called the dealer, awaiting word back from them. I also consulted Jeep chat. They confirmed that the LED pack is not on the build sheet.
They could not confirm if any changes could be made in ā€œGā€ status.
Anyone in the know about the build sequence know if this can be rectified or am I looking at a new order package:-( Iā€™ll let ya know what dealership says when they respond.
Oh well.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
No way in hell at G status they going to change anything. Past "D" status is basically locked in unless it suits the factory like some that had bedliners pushed on them after the fact.

OP
OP
Moab

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ā€˜17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ā€˜73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Ok. Dealership is investigating what went awry with my order (lack of LED package).
Being the impetuous knucklehead I am,
I bothered Jeep Chat. Confirmed my VIN
but added Iā€™m in JB now.
Iā€™m hoping that means bedliner, sidesteps, AND getting those LEDs. Since Elvis has not left the building...yet. Ok
rant, fret ,ā€œmuch a do bout nothingā€ over.
Cheers

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ok. Dealership is investigating what went awry with my order (lack of LED package).
Being the impetuous knucklehead I am,
I bothered Jeep Chat. Confirmed my VIN
but added Iā€™m in JB now.
Iā€™m hoping that means bedliner, sidesteps, AND getting those LEDs. Since Elvis has not left the building...yet. Ok
rant, fret ,ā€œmuch a do bout nothingā€ over.
Cheers
good luck! i'd sure want led package factory installed.

OP
OP
Moab

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well as I expected. Iā€™m getting push back from the dealer. Too many ā€œorder sheetsā€ were shuffled when I had forgotten to add an option. When the order was placed the sheet I was presented with showed all was correct. Unfortunately it seems the dealer sent a request that was prior to my last agreed to list. The Von was correct with my name but the dealer submitted order .
Seems their making it my problem.
Looks like Iā€™m going to eat $500 of my deposit. The warm and fuzzy feeling is leaving. The ugly cold hard cash emotion has come into play. I believe itā€™s an honest mistake on their part but it seems at this point not willing to order another vehicle.
Will keep yaā€™ll posted. I know itā€™s only lites
but this old mans eyes want quality lighting without adding all kinds of light bars.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Well as I expected. Iā€™m getting push back from the dealer. Too many ā€œorder sheetsā€ were shuffled when I had forgotten to add an option. When the order was placed the sheet I was presented with showed all was correct. Unfortunately it seems the dealer sent a request that was prior to my last agreed to list. The Von was correct with my name but the dealer submitted order .
Looks like Iā€™m going to eat $500 of my deposit. The warm and fuzzy feeling is leaving. The ugly cold hard cash emotion has come into play. I believe itā€™s an honest mistake on their part but it seems at this point not willing to order another vehicle.
but this old mans eyes want quality lighting without adding all kinds of light bars.

You could always get aftermarket LED's. That is my plan as it tends to be cheaper, and in my experience Mopar lights are not the best

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Diode Dynamics has some LED bulb options. They are a forum sponsor.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
If you have it documented well on your end, could have a good small claims court case to get your $500 back. I would also look into if your state has a consumer fraud department with the State Attorney General's office that may be able to help. Put enough heat on the dealership, they would be wise to give your money back. Either way, I sure as hell would not want to give that dealership any business on a reorder and go elsewhere.

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Very unreasonable of this dealer. This jeep will sell, quickly. Very silly of them to simply not transfer your deposit and reorder. I can see holding their ground on some issues, this isn't one I would expect.

OP
OP
Moab

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, well salesperson has admitted they used wrong form. Now awaiting to see if they will honor same agreed price on a new order or if I take my deposit back and say thank you for trying Iā€™ll go elsewhere.
I just want my Overland as requested.
Iā€™m done with worrying about delivery, it was a fun wait and see, it will get here when it gets here. I just donā€™t want to be expected to accept this vehicle.
Believe me I looked at the aftermarket items. All intriguing. I figure if itā€™s a package itā€™ll have a MOPAR warranty.
Stay tuned!

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Ok, well salesperson has admitted they used wrong form. Now awaiting to see if they will honor same agreed price on a new order or if I take my deposit back and say thank you for trying Iā€™ll go elsewhere.
I just want my Overland as requested.
Iā€™m done with worrying about delivery, it was a fun wait and see, it will get here when it gets here. I just donā€™t want to be expected to accept this vehicle.
Believe me I looked at the aftermarket items. All intriguing. I figure if itā€™s a package itā€™ll have a MOPAR warranty.
Stay tuned!
This right here is why dealerships and their ilk deserve the bad reputations they get. In any other walk of life, the common sense ethical thing would be to either refund your deposit or transfer it to a new correct order.

OP
OP
Moab

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right, putting this to bed. Unbelievably had to escalate to the owner of dealership.
He basically said snowballs chance in hell of getting this LED factory fitted since we are in G/JB. So I said letā€™s cancel and start over.
He skirted that request. Said to let him talk to factory. At first I was going to go that route, then came to my senses.
What also put me off was while talking to my salesperson on the phone (who called me!) said they had to go because a customer came back in (right after a mentioned cancel order)
So I called THE BOSS back and politely cancelled all. I called the salesperson back and said to cancel and request my deposit back... after a moment of silence I heard
ā€œOk we will refund the deposit ā€œ
Never once did anyone offer JUST TO ORDER ANOTHER ONE
And thatā€™s why Iā€™m done with that dealer.
I donā€™t want to post any names at this time.
Iā€™m letting it be a lesson for me and them.
They lost a sale they didnā€™t have to.
Cheers all. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored

Last edited: