First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2016 Ram EcoDiesel, 1989 Mustang LX, 1969 IH 1300D
Occupation
Does what i'm told.
With the current EP pricing running till August 3rd we decided to jump on one. Found very little Sport S w/Max Tow (and not black or white) within a hundred miles or so from our locale. We ended up with a Sting Gray moderately apportioned (24S, Cold weather, hard top, Max Tow, sun bonnet, popular equipment).
MSRP was $44070 and we landed just over $39K. Ill be the first to admit, not a great deal but I don't feel ripped off.
Sponsored

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Hmm what was the MSRP they gave you. I got sport s max tow, 3 piece hard top, convivence, technology group with aux switches for $37,500 including extended warranty. MSRP was $43,300. I passed on bed liner as local guy offered a much better spray for $300. I do wish I had the Premium Audio cause the stock sound is terrible.
47 or 48 if I recall.

Max Tow, Punkn, hard top, convenience, aux, headliner, bedliner, LSD in the rear, premium audio, floormats.

Building it online now I'm able to get the same for $41434, with 46675 net price. Oh well.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
where did you get a deal like that?
10k off is great!

34,513 +taxes title & dealer stuff. Only extra I didnt want was the Convenience group & after having the garage door opener I dont mind it. Wanted the cold weather with heated seats, but they are only about 100 bucks after the fact + my time to install them.

window.JPG

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
With the current EP pricing running till August 3rd we decided to jump on one. Found very little Sport S w/Max Tow (and not black or white) within a hundred miles or so from our locale. We ended up with a Sting Gray moderately apportioned (24S, Cold weather, hard top, Max Tow, sun bonnet, popular equipment).
MSRP was $44070 and we landed just over $39K. Ill be the first to admit, not a great deal but I don't feel ripped off.
In the end its just a matter of if you are happy with the truck. Once you start having fun with the truck you will likely forget much about what was paid for it. I wanted cold weather package but it wasn't in the Sting Gray I was looking at and not something I had to have so that was a savings for me. I do find now that I have the truck I kind of wish I had the blind spot cause at my age it seems my neck does not swivel as well as it used to but so far so good

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I paid approximately $43,500 for an msrp of $47,745 Sport S before taxes/fees. Mine was a custom ordered. If I found one on the lot I could have gotten a better deal.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'm on the cusp of buying, hating that I have very little wiggle room for a better deal. Sport S w/ everything I want + painted fenders (which I didn't realize I wanted until I saw it). 46,130 msrp, deals bring it down to around 39000. They have a fuckin VTR and Doc fee which is what's killing me, but because they have to pull it from another lot 700+ miles away, they won't budge. (VTR = $700, Doc Fee $700) so basically it's just about back up to "just invoice."

Sadly, there don't seem to be dealers in this area (near Boulder CO) doing the amazing 5-7% under invoice. I'm on the forum tonight looking for nearish dealers without the fees to see if I can get THEM to order it without the fees.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I'm on the cusp of buying, hating that I have very little wiggle room for a better deal. Sport S w/ everything I want + painted fenders (which I didn't realize I wanted until I saw it). 46,130 msrp, deals bring it down to around 39000. They have a fuckin VTR and Doc fee which is what's killing me, but because they have to pull it from another lot 700+ miles away, they won't budge. (VTR = $700, Doc Fee $700) so basically it's just about back up to "just invoice."

Sadly, there don't seem to be dealers in this area (near Boulder CO) doing the amazing 5-7% under invoice. I'm on the forum tonight looking for nearish dealers without the fees to see if I can get THEM to order it without the fees.
Can you not buy it from the lot where they want to pull it from. It would just be a road trip. There were some things I had wanted but had to make a compromise cause I knew there would be things I wanted to add which cost money.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Can you not buy it from the lot where they want to pull it from. It would just be a road trip. There were some things I had wanted but had to make a compromise cause I knew there would be things I wanted to add which cost money.
It wouldn't be feasible for me to take that trip any time soon... and they aren't telling me where it is. =oP I don't know of a way to find it, and it's always possible that dealer does the VTR/Doc Fee game as well.

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I'm having the same issues. The truck I am looking at stickers around 45-46k and I can't get them any lower than 37-38k. I have a feeling if you want to get the killer deals you have to wait until the summer is well behind. My mother in law is the assistant for a guy that owns 3 jeep dealerships and she said they can't keep them on the lot, both gladiators and JLs. They sent me a deal on a used 2020 JL for 50k, stickered it at 60k and it sold within an hour of them taking the hold off. It's crazy.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I went into this cold with no info back in February and got my Sport S 8-speed for a little under 36,000 everything out the door minus taxes (Msrp ~$40k). I’m not really sure where that lands on the spectrum, but might be useful for reference.

Sponsored

Costanzio66

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee wrangler renegade
34,513 +taxes title & dealer stuff. Only extra I didnt want was the Convenience group & after having the garage door opener I dont mind it. Wanted the cold weather with heated seats, but they are only about 100 bucks after the fact + my time to install them.

window.JPG
great buy....that's what i've been hunting......i don't think these thing are WORTH what they are asking

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
From my understanding the doc fee is not a 'game'.
If they charge the doc fee, they have to charge it on all deals.

Not sure what vtr is but it sounds like an aftermarket option of some type, which would make it an optional product, meaning that you could take it off.

It wouldn't be feasible for me to take that trip any time soon... and they aren't telling me where it is. =oP I don't know of a way to find it, and it's always possible that dealer does the VTR/Doc Fee game as well.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
37K for a 45K truck and that's not a good deal??

If I could find that deal, I would take it immediately.

I'm having the same issues. The truck I am looking at stickers around 45-46k and I can't get them any lower than 37-38k. I have a feeling if you want to get the killer deals you have to wait until the summer is well behind. My mother in law is the assistant for a guy that owns 3 jeep dealerships and she said they can't keep them on the lot, both gladiators and JLs. They sent me a deal on a used 2020 JL for 50k, stickered it at 60k and it sold within an hour of them taking the hold off. It's crazy.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
From my understanding the doc fee is not a 'game'.
If they charge the doc fee, they have to charge it on all deals.

Not sure what vtr is but it sounds like an aftermarket option of some type, which would make it an optional product, meaning that you could take it off.
VTR is the "Vehicle Theft Registration", an identifier they etch on a window in the vehicle. It's a BS thing they add on... they could do it for a LOT less than $700 and there is no evidence that it's useful.

The Doc Fee I only call a game because it's different between every dealer. I've seen several have only a $300-400 or one place even had $72 (a thread on this forum.) So... its a fee they make up at each dealership. My dealership set theirs to $700.

The $1495 Destination Fee is a different thing, baked into all vehicles and completely unavoidable... I'd argue, but can't confirm, this is how they can make sure there is always some profit when selling a vehicle.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
VTR is the "Vehicle Theft Registration", an identifier they etch on a window in the vehicle. It's a BS thing they add on... they could do it for a LOT less than $700 and there is no evidence that it's useful.

The Doc Fee I only call a game because it's different between every dealer. I've seen several have only a $300-400 or one place even had $72 (a thread on this forum.) So... its a fee they make up at each dealership. My dealership set theirs to $700.

The $1495 Destination Fee is a different thing, baked into all vehicles and completely unavoidable... I'd argue, but can't confirm, this is how they can make sure there is always some profit when selling a vehicle.
Yup. Dealer here in Southern California has a flat $85 doc fee in the (arguably) most expensive market in the country. Keep looking....
Sponsored