Sponsored

How do you protect your JT when topless?

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon

Sponsored

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
Okay guys, I'm seeing a lot of talk about covers and not enough mentions of ours! To help that I'm going to send a Bestop Gladiator Trail Cover to the next person who posts in this thread, tags me, and posts a picture of either their Sunrider-equipped or topless Gladiator.

LETS GO!!!

https://www.bestop.com/products/all-weather-trail-cover-jeep-2020-2022-gladiator-for-installed/

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I am on the fence for the Mopar or the Rain Gear. Now Bestop is in the fray. If someone has something other than black - that would sway me.
Jeep Gladiator How do you protect your JT when topless? 20220727_074456

4-Play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
That bestop cover looks pretty legit. Does anyone have any real world experience with one?

JoeyJag

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 Jaguar XKR, 1962 Nova
Occupation
VP of Sales - Data Centers
Okay guys, I'm seeing a lot of talk about covers and not enough mentions of ours! To help that I'm going to send a Bestop Gladiator Trail Cover to the next person who posts in this thread, tags me, and posts a picture of either their Sunrider-equipped or topless Gladiator.

LETS GO!!!

https://www.bestop.com/products/all-weather-trail-cover-jeep-2020-2022-gladiator-for-installed/

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Am I too late? Here's a pic from sunny New Jersey! @Bestop

Jeep Topless.jpg

Sponsored

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I thought I'd post a quick update since @Bestop Lee was nice enough to send me the cab cover (photo below).

Pros: It's much lighter weight than the Mastertop cab cover I purchased first.
Cons: It's much lighter weight than the Mastertop cab cover I purchased first. :)

The Mastertop cover is a rugged, heavy, massive thing. To be fair, maybe that means it will last longer? Only time will tell. But all that ruggedness means it's hard to roll up, it takes up a lot of storage space, and it is a real hassle to put on -- especially if you need to put it on quickly.

The lighter weight of the Bestop cover means it is MUCH easier to put on and take off in a hurry. I like that it's much easier and much faster to use.

Let me be very clear about rain. Both of these covers leak, and it doesn't require an extended downpour. Any rain that results in pooling is going to drip through fairly quickly. The good news - for me at least - is that it seems to drip directly into my rear floor mat. I can clean that up easily without the seats getting soaked. (I have a pool noodle from the windshield to the roll bar that causes the rain to run off the front of the cover without leaking.) So it works pretty well for what I need it for, which is to throw it on quickly if I'm caught out somewhere and it rains, or to leave it on in the driveway for a day or two in the Summer if rain is expected.

There you have it. I will continue to use the Bestop cover because it's much easier to use. Thanks again, Lee!

Jeep Gladiator How do you protect your JT when topless? IMG_8785

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I can park in covered parking most places, but I keep a rain gear cover in the bed.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
My jeep was left out in the rain with just the Bimini today. I wasn't expecting the rain. I didn't even have the optional rear window installed. It rained for several hours while I was at work. I was expecting seats to be soaked. To my pleasant surprise, the interior was dry, even the back. The mastertop Bimini is a pain in the butt to install. A major pain in the butt. But the protection is very good.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a rain gear covers cover. My guess based on GT3Mike's description is that its more like the Mastertop.

Its very heavy duty. It only packs down to about the size of a queen sized pillow.

Re leakage, I have a sunrider so I use the rain gear cover mostly to protect me when the doors are off. So with a top on and doors off, there isn't much chance for pooling or to test for leakage.

Overall. I'm very happy with it.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator

LETS GO!!!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Does yours work with the doors on and off?
Sponsored