Sponsored

How I justified buying my Gladiator. How about you?

area5179

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Most of my past vehicles have been either Firebird's and Mustang's. I was able to justify them as I never drove anywhere far and did very little in regards to hauling anything of size. But now I'm big into snowboarding and my current Mustang GT just isn't cutting it any more as I miss out on some great slope days due to not having 4WD and stuffing my gear into the trunk is a pain. I also golf alot and it's a nightmare taking my clubs anywhere. Since my lease is up on the Mustang and my dealer is giving more in trade than what my payoff is I ordered a Sport S in Sarge Green on 5/19 and I can't wait to be driving it!
Sponsored

LadyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator/2004 TJ
We have a ‘04 TJ, that I absolutely love. But obviously not much room in those. We knew we needed a second vehicle; one that provided more room.
I had been considering a 4-door Wrangler, but the Gladiator caught my eye. The added bed space and towing capability made my decision easy. A “fun” vehicle, as well as practical!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My justification -
I wanted it, I could afford it by selling my full-size truck (which I rarely drove because it was big) and selling my 70 Javelin (also to make space),
so I bought it.
It can handle most payload duties I'd need it for, I traded for a lighter trailer so it can probably tow my car hauler.

So I guess my justification was simple - I wanted it, I could afford it, it fit the garage better, better MPG than my Chevy, and with luck I can make it tow what I need to tow.

JDMRN81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Started a new job making over six figures......though it was time to upgrade from my 2012 JKU.

Switch

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 93 YJ
Occupation
route sales
Hello. new to the forum
Bought my first Jeep Wrangler Sept 10, 2001, we know what happened the next day. Bought a new JK Sport January 2008 just in time to welcome in the Great Recession. I got mad because it was falling apart and burning oil at only 75k so in 2014 bought a Toyota but really missed having a Jeep. In Feb 2020 bought my JT Rubicon because curses are not real, welcome COVID. My friends are thinking about pitching in and buying me another Toyota at this point

Sponsored

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm sure I'll get that in a couple years. At 3 he's excited that we're going to have a Jeep Truck but he's not up to speed on the specifics of off-roading yet.
I am letting my 16yo drive the JKU. He was 3 when we bought it :)

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Didn't have to justify it. At least not buying it. It's the aftermarket parts that are the hard sell to the wife. Why do you want to do that, why's that important, what's the reasoning behind that. Why does it need to be lifted. Well honey first off it's a Jeep. I'm a guy we like our aftermarket mods. Then I took her out and got her stuck kinda on purpose sort of not really. Then she said! You're never taking me on a trail again until we are properly equipped! I said ok. Cough cough. Front bumper, winch, hi lift jack, molle panels for bed, rear bumper, lift kit, bigger tires, rims. Now all on my shopping list. I said honey you know what Jeep stands for right? Just Empty Every Pocket.....rolled her eyes and said he'll what did I get into. I gave her the evil laugh.

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Had a 15 year old LJ that had been well built & wheeled over the years. Little things were starting to go, so I figured I was due. Had enough to put down so I could get and easily afford 0% for 3 years, so I went for it! First vehicle I ever spec'ed out and the first one with an automatic in over 50 years! Wife was against it (she loved rock crawling in the LJ!), but the comfort during a 3000 mile road trip swayed her over. Helps that it gets over 10 mpg more, too!

NZRub

First Name
Boby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LandCruiser, Hilux & eyeing for JT '22 (maybe)
Occupation
Metal Guy
Tried to justify it and it didn't make sense in every way but I buy it anyway.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Sums it up pretty well

9FA4BDE7-FE14-4565-88D3-F003998DB2AB.jpeg

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I like Jeeps. Jeep begin to make truck Jeep thing. I like trucks. Me one day...
Jeep Gladiator How I justified buying my Gladiator. How about you? Joey realize

First Name
Mr Pie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mojave
Occupation
pie maker who crawls the mall looking for the biggest and baddest speed bumps for some flex.
convertible, high enough for bumper not to get torn off on gravel, truck, manual transmission, reinforced frame, steel knuckle, and most importantly when my 4 year old saw the picture he said he loved the blue jeep. He does not know anything about cars except that a hot exhaust burns his hands.

DavidBT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Ever since I saw the first article that they were going to make a jeep pickup, I knew someday I would own one. My Max Tow is my 6th jeep.
Sponsored