How much have you lost on your Jeep JT?

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
Did you expect to be positive? As soon as the paperwork is signed, you lost at least 10% of its worth. I just enjoy the vehicle I decided to throw my money away on until I get bored of it and get another. To me its a never ending cycle and I am okay with it.

It can be a very steep slippery slope, so best turn away and keep it moving.
Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also about diminished value, I had my 2018 Volvo XC90 (75K MSRP) Side swiped causing 40K worth of damaged and it didn't effect my trade it price at all. As long as the vehicle is repaired and restored properly then don't even worry about it.

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just over 6200 miles on mine and they offered me $36,000 for mine trade in Wednesday of last week, that's with $3000 worth of add ons that include, lift, tires, front bumper, winch and bed cover. On a side note my neighbor keeps offering $40,000 for it cash money, and he's serious. I'm all in at just over $39,000 on it. I'm not selling or trading it in though.
I am confused? Why did you bother getting a trade in estimate if you have no intention of trading in? Also, we all know that add ons barely do anything during resale.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I paid $45,500 for my Rubicon, with hard top, automatic transmission, and 8.4 radio. Here are my KBB estimated values, which I don’t consider bad at all for the first year of depreciation.

0773D994-A9DF-441E-88FD-AFAE1D5CCD16.jpeg

B6D5E946-EA1C-4B74-80E8-A9CD853335A2.jpeg
How many miles

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also about diminished value, I had my 2018 Volvo XC90 (75K MSRP) Side swiped causing 40K worth of damaged and it didn't effect my trade it price at all. As long as the vehicle is repaired and restored properly then don't even worry about it.
why would I pay the same price for one vehicle that has been hit, thereby meaning parts were taken off and replaced, as opposed to factory torque and fitting? Dealer offered me $2-3k less on this JT in trade because of the collision and repair

Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am confused? Why did you bother getting a trade in estimate if you have no intention of trading in? Also, we all know that add ons barely do anything during resale.
To support my diminished value claim. Carfax and KBB say my vehicle trade in should be X, dealer offers $3k less than that range, claiming the collision, and thus my vehicle’s value is diminished due to the collision

edit: I see you were responding toanother

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why would I pay the same price for one vehicle that has been hit, thereby meaning parts were taken off and replaced, as opposed to factory torque and fitting? Dealer offered me $2-3k less on this JT in trade because of the collision and repair
find a different dealer then.

is any part of your jeep been modified ? Have you removed something and reinstalled it? That means it’s no longer factory torqued and fitted. So that reduces its value too? Food for your thoughts

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To support my diminished value claim. Carfax and KBB say my vehicle trade in should be X, dealer offers $3k less than that range, claiming the collision, and thus my vehicle’s value is diminished due to the collision

edit: I see you were responding toanother
I had one dealer offer me 10K less for my 1 yr old 2019 Ram 1500 limited then another dodge dealership the sameday.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
find a different dealer then.

is any part of your jeep been modified ? Have you removed something and reinstalled it? That means it’s no longer factory torqued and fitted. So that reduces its value too? Food for your thoughts
The dealerships (yes plural) did not care about that. I have larger tires and a mopar steel bumper and winch, but I still have the factory stuff to replace with. That they dont care about, they’ll certify it and be ok. But customers dont want to pay the same for a car with a history of accident as one with a clean record.

Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealerships (yes plural) did not care about that. I have larger tires and a mopar steel bumper and winch, but I still have the factory stuff to replace with. That they dont care about, they’ll certify it and be ok. But customers dont want to pay the same for a car with a history of accident as one with a clean record.
you do know most accidents don’t even make it to car fax so the consumer won’t even know. Also if the consumer wants something bad enough, an accident that has been repaired correctly won’t affect their judgement especially if it’s just a fender bender

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you do know most accidents don’t even make it to car fax so the consumer won’t even know. Also if the consumer wants something bad enough, an accident that has been repaired correctly won’t affect their judgement especially if it’s just a fender bender
Most? Maybe. When selling/trading a car here they have you sign an affidavit of disclosure for things like mileage, accidents, etc. sure it might not make it into a CarFax report, but you should always file a police report to document fault

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
An accident history does lower resale value.

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your trying to sue for diminished value over a new rear bumper. Your just trying to squeeze as much money out of the accident as possible.

Once again I haven’t had an issue with trading in vehicles after they have had accidents.
Your also going off of msrp for your loss of value when you paid 3k less than msrp so you’re math is already wrong. That’s like someone buying something for $100 with an MSRP of $200 and then selling it for $90 and complaining that they lost $110 when they only lost $10

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Your trying to sue for diminished value over a new rear bumper. Your just trying to squeeze as much money out of the accident as possible.

Once again I haven’t had an issue with trading in vehicles after they have had accidents.
Your also going off of msrp for your loss of value when you paid 3k less than msrp so you’re math is already wrong. That’s like someone buying something for $100 with an MSRP of $200 and then selling it for $90 and complaining that they lost $110 when they only lost $10
Sqeezing value, yes. But he does bring a point. 5 years from now he could go to sell this car and when they run the carfax the dealership will at least try to offer less on it because it is damaged. Sadly he has to get it now. Personally I wish I had known about this when I got my prius rear ended twice in its first two years. Luckily I never decided to sell it, but I am sure I would be taking a hit if I did.
Sponsored