Sponsored

How much off MSRP did you guys get?

VirginiaJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Custom
First time building (actually, first time buying brand new period). I ordered a sport with a few options, window sticker is around $45,000. Obviously there are various dealer incentives based on location and time of year, but how much should I expect to pay in general? I feel sorta handcuffed since I ordered what I want and can't "walk away" if the deal isn't what I want, which is how I typically negotiate.

For reference, mine has shipped according to the tracker and I've got a 2.6% 72 month loan from a local FCU, just waiting on final price to sign it. Thanks y'all.
Sponsored

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I got $9k off and snagged 0% for 72 in September.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Each negotiation is going to be different. The options, the location, the dealer, etc. They all matter significantly. You're going to get a large range of numbers from others that have little application to your specific order. You should expect to pay what you were quoted from the dealership you ordered through. Price expectation is part of the ordering process.

Plus, if you're already good with what you ordered, then it's kind of a moot point isn't it? I mean, you didn't put in the order without first talking price with the dealership, right? You should already have a reasonable expectation of what you're going to pay.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Why in the world would you have ordered something that you hadn't already settled on a price?

Obviously you can always walk away... they can't make you buy it. Even if you have to eat a $1000 deposit... you could easily save thousands of MSRP by ordering from another dealer. Can you still sign up for TreadLightly are use that with this dealer? That gets you 1% under invoice if they will honor it.

On a plus side, what CU is giving 2.6% right now? That's a steal.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
paid 58,800 on a 67,155 sticker. Gupton.

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
You did not negotiate before the order was placed? Our price was finalized before the order. They only change the dealer said was any incentives that came out as the order was delivered. I have never heard of ordering a vehicle without setting the price at the time of the order? You have zero leverage once the order arrives in my opinion. Sire you can walk away but they get your deposit.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
First time building (actually, first time buying brand new period). I ordered a sport with a few options, window sticker is around $45,000. Obviously there are various dealer incentives based on location and time of year, but how much should I expect to pay in general? I feel sorta handcuffed since I ordered what I want and can't "walk away" if the deal isn't what I want, which is how I typically negotiate.

For reference, mine has shipped according to the tracker and I've got a 2.6% 72 month loan from a local FCU, just waiting on final price to sign it. Thanks y'all.
I suggest you don't even try to compare. There will ALWAYS be someone who did better, and some who did worse. There is no "expect to pay" number.
It's going to vary with region even within the same state. Some here give a heavy discount, some stick to MSRP only and will never waver no matter what, and then there's some who will accept the discounts you can get by joining TreadLightly and getting an affiliate discount. And the incentives are regional, and change monthly.
I locked in prices before I even told them "go ahead and order it" and was lucky - in the 2 months that passed, Jeep upped the incentives by a grand. So I was a bit better off.
The dealer promised to stick with the incentives at the time I ordered even if Jeep dropped them.

But the short of it - don't try to go by what others did - that's usually going to leave you upset or with regrets. If you like it and can afford it and want it - screw what anyone else paid! Seriously.

I was told by a wise professor years ago - if you spend days shopping for shoes, watch for sales, and go around to several stores and find a pair you really like, they fit and you can afford them any buy them - then next week find those shoes on sale - did you make a mistake?
No, you used the information available to you at that time and made the best choice you could that fit YOUR needs and situation.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You have zero leverage once the order arrives in my opinion. Sire you can walk away but they get your deposit.
Not always - some keep it, some refund it. Look at the paperwork. And it never hurts to ask. Some will refund it.
But IMO, it's just never good to try to find out what people on a forum did for price and try to compare. That just makes no sense.
Asking what incentives or discounts are available is fine, but to ask "what did you pay" is not usually going to end up with a real feel good result unless you are damned lucky. Someone out there has always done better.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
If you can get 10-15% off MSRP you're doing pretty good. I snagged 15% off but got mine in early COVID and had a $2K rebate that knocked a bunch off of the dealers already great listed price.

OP
OP

VirginiaJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Custom
Thanks for your replies. Some of y'all could learn from momma and be a little less rude haha but still, I get the point. I said I had never done this before in the OP. Sorry I'm a novice and made a rookie mistake? I'll negotiate beforehand next time I suppose.

Anyway, I get the point so thanks for the replies and enjoy your evenings.

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)

5.5% waited five months, incentives plus 4000 more. It was my sales guy’s last sale before moving to customer service.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Times have changed in the past year with inflation.

Bought a gladiator this time last year, MSRP was $46, Invoice was $44,500, I paid $41,100.

Just priced a wrangler for my wife, MSRP was about the same, invoice was actually a bit more because of inflation, quoted price was about $44K.

Inflation right now is around 8%, this represents about an 8% increase over last year. Almost identical.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It is possible. Using numbers from the last 2022 buyers guide, if he loaded it out properly with 6% or so below invoice pricing and with some of the $1000 rebates that have popped up from time to time on the Overland, he could swing a $9K below MSRP price.
Sponsored