Sponsored

How tiny would 33” tires look on a 3.5” lift?

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I’m considering a 3.5” (there’s another thread for that), but I wanted to highlight a separate question.

If I were to get the lift, I wouldn’t have the budget to upgrade the tires from 33” to 35” for quite a while. So how tiny would the 33” tires look in the meantime?
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
This is mine, Skyjacker 3.5" front / 2" rear lift with the stock 33`s

In the same boat, planning to go 35`s once these wear out and Ive saved for regearing.

Kaibab1.png
Doesn't look as bad as I thought. Rubicon fender would not look good tho.

35s better, 37s best. But I kno OP only asked for 33 vs 35

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

In the same boat, planning to go 35`s once these wear out and Ive saved for regearing.

Jeep Gladiator How tiny would 33” tires look on a 3.5” lift? Kaibab1
Not bad!

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Thanks yall. Its not awful, and to most people it seems to look just fine, but if youre a truck person and you look at it too long youre like "Hmm... needs 35s!"

Plus side, I never have to worry about tires rubbing...

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Whats the intent ? Just curious on why lifting so much with no other mods other than 35s.

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't look as bad as I thought. Rubicon fender would not look good tho.

35s better, 37s best. But I kno OP only asked for 33 vs 35
Whats the intent ? Just curious on why lifting so much with no other mods other than 35s.
Fair question. I’ve got a lead on a deal for that specific lift and it comes with reservoir shocks.

TomH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Even with smaller tires and the lift the breakover angle will improve as will the approach and departure angles. You also would not need to regear. So it does have a purpose, just not what everyone else is doing.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
As I said before, guys in Australia are climbing huge boulders, going through bad bogs with 31s and 32s all day.

ezekio3160

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon

Jeep Gladiator How tiny would 33” tires look on a 3.5” lift? Kaibab1
How’s the ride quality with that lift? Same? Worse? Noticeable?

Sponsored

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
How’s the ride quality with that lift? Same? Worse? Noticeable?
Ive been pretty happy with it. I read a lot about different brands and options and what people were reporting on their ride quality before I pulled the trigger.

I went with this kit and chose the M95 shocks, the more expensive of the two options, ended up being ~$1k in total. I chose this kit because I wanted to keep the OEM rear coils (I dont have max tow, but I do have the tow package, and didnt want to screw with the spring rate in the back). Id say overall the ride is a bit squishier than stock, but Ive been really happy with it.

I can still drive "Sporty" and chirp the tires, its been to a few states and handled the road trips & mild to moderate trails / obstacles well. I have hauled loads of gravel, towed the boat, etc and had no issues.

For being a "budget" kit, its actually performed really well. The only complaint I have is that the bushings for the sway links started cracking and falling apart super quick, Im going to replace them once I decide what to go with.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
My 2 cents - I originally was going to go with a 2.5" / 1" kit, but I wanted to add extra height to account for sag that would be caused once I loaded up the truck - Steel bumpers front and back, roll bar, winch, etc etc.. it actually worked out pretty well, and a little extra room never hurt.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Even with smaller tires and the lift the breakover angle will improve as will the approach and departure angles. You also would not need to regear. So it does have a purpose, just not what everyone else is doing.
Exactly.

Was just curious what OP was looking for. Assuming they were looking to go off pavement that is and wanted to be sure they were being guided in correct direction.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic

Jeep Gladiator How tiny would 33” tires look on a 3.5” lift? CC265FCB-7C8B-4921-A6E1-64831D810FD1
Damn! I like it! I've got a Sport S Ecodiesel and was think about 2" and 33s. I've got the 33s on already. Just need to find the right lift for the Ecodiesel.
Sponsored