Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
What parts # for JEEP WRANGLER
Pretty loaded question. I'd recommend using the JT threads as a guideline and go from there. Seems more JT guys have done this than JL.

Offhand the CVPM will be different. It's also in a different place....no clue where...so you'll need to figure that out and adjust wire lengths accordingly. The harness you need will be different....either custom or you can pay Jimmy to make a JL specific one.

The rear cam will be different...you'll need to get a VIN of a JL with factory front camera...ask a Jeep parts counter for the rear camera part for that VIN...then get your color....are they even painted on JLs? Cable will be different....routing...everything.

Lot of work. Don't mess with this unless you're down for a challenge.

Cliffs:

1. Front camera and grill sections may or may not be different.

2. All coax cables might be different lengths and need different male/female ends.

3. Rear camera will be different.

4. CVPM will be different...both the part and where it is located.

5. 8.4 Uconnect still required.

I'd honestly consult JL guys.
Sponsored

cschissler

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Beach Edition
Occupation
Sales
Pretty loaded question. I'd recommend using the JT threads as a guideline and go from there. Seems more JT guys have done this than JL.

Offhand the CVPM will be different. It's also in a different place....no clue where...so you'll need to figure that out and adjust wire lengths accordingly. The harness you need will be different....either custom or you can pay Jimmy to make a JL specific one.

The rear cam will be different...you'll need to get a VIN of a JL with factory front camera...ask a Jeep parts counter for the rear camera part for that VIN...then get your color....are they even painted on JLs? Cable will be different....routing...everything.

Lot of work. Don't mess with this unless you're down for a challenge.

Cliffs:

1. Front camera and grill sections may or may not be different.

2. All coax cables might be different lengths and need different male/female ends.

3. Rear camera will be different.

4. CVPM will be different...both the part and where it is located.

5. 8.4 Uconnect still required.

I'd honestly consult JL guys.
I have this ordered and have Jimmy make a wrangler length harness

5A1F4F0C-51A5-4715-9185-513CBACFEF6F.png

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Interesting...whole grill replacement. JTs only need the center piece. I encourage you to post your experiences for other JL dudes!

cschissler

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Interesting...whole grill replacement. JTs only need the center piece. I encourage you to post your experiences for other JL dudes!
Will definitely do! Thanks for the head start! I really need help finding the location of CVPM

OP
OP

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
I ran his VIN. His grille sections are a different style than the ones with the trail cam.

Sponsored

Wulfgott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PUNK'N 2.0L Turbo JLUR
Occupation
Meat Popsicle
Will definitely do! Thanks for the head start! I really need help finding the location of CVPM
I am REALLY wanting to do this on my 2020... any luck finding where the CVPM is on a wrangler yet?

cschissler

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Finally, you need to enable the system in the BCM to get it working. You’re going to have to use AlfaOBD to do this, as the sales code for the integrated trail cam system won’t be available for your VIN. Yes, I realize @bryanklay was able to get it added to his, but he got extremely lucky that they allowed it, and don’t expect this to be the case for everyone. In order to attempt to get a sales code added to your VIN build that is unavailable, you have to convince the dealer service advisor to contact the area FCA rep. HE has to convince the area rep to call FCA and in turn convince engineering to make the sales code available to add for your VIN, and they could easily say “NO, end of discussion”. EVEN AFTER they allowed it for Bryan, when they added the sales code and restored his vehicle configuration, it still didn’t work. It didn’t enable all the necessary BCM settings. So, rather than roll the dice with the dealer, and potentially wasting hourly rate money, just use AlfaOBD to get it done right the first time. Inevitably, people are going to wonder about their warranty with using AlfaOBD. First off, you’re already installing hardware onto your vehicle that isn’t going to be covered anyway if something goes wrong with that hardware. Second, AlfaOBD is changing the exact same bits in the BCM configuration that adding the sales code does, so technically speaking, it’s enabled the exact same way as factory. And last, the dealer can’t read the BCM configuration to see what changes have been made.

Software: AlfaOBD- Android app from google play store, or windows version download from http://www.alfaobd.com/download.html
Android will work, but windows is more powerful/preferred.
OBD interface so AlfaOBD can interface with vehicle modules- OBD Link MX+ is preferred, and will without a doubt make any change possible with no issue. People have had success using BAFX OBD Bluetooth, but it may come across some settings changes it’s not fast enough to make.
Security gateway module bypass (to allow the BCM settings changes to be made)- https://www.infotainment.com/products/fca-security-gateway-module-bypass?variant=8775773945892
To get started, unplug the security gateway module under the steering column, and plug in the bypass-
Jeep Gladiator HOW TO: Add Factory Front Trail Camera to Gladiator (DIY Writeup) CCAC94F6-FE8F-4FE7-8601-90A25BE52C6F

Plug the interface into the OBD port, and pair it to your Android device or windows computer. Open up AlfaOBD. For the Android version, connect to the interface. Choose your vehicle brand and model. Select body computer in the drop down, then select MY2020-2021 in the next drop down. Select connect, and once connected, *the first thing you want to do is save your current configuration so you have something to go by if you enable/disable some wrong settings by accident*. Select the faults and status tab. For Android, select the battery icon on the bottom right. Select read system ID, and let it fully populate. For windows, select view log, then “save as” anything or anywhere you want. For Android, once the system ID is read, it is automatically saved into a file in AlfaOBD. Once that’s done, click the active diagnostics tab. For the Android version, this is the little car in the bottom right. Drop down the menu and choose car configuration change towards the bottom. On the next drop down, find all the settings listed below and set each one how to what I have listed. For each setting, you will choose yes/no, or enable/disable. You’ll hit start, then next, then wait for procedure complete. Hit start one more time, and it will confirm the change by saying nothing else needs to be done. Move right on the the next setting change. No need to power off or wait between changes. These are all the settings changes that need to be made/confirmed:
VehConfig 1 rear view camera- NO
VehConfig 2 off road capable- YES
VehConfig 8 off road camera present- YES
ECUConfig 3 rear camera present- NO
CBC Features reversible washer pump enabled- YES
CBC Config I/O connector A pin 14- YES
CustSetMenu 1 Rear View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 1 Rear Camera CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 3 Auto Launch Forward Facing Camera Off Road Plus CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 3 Auto Launch Off Road Plus CSM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 3 Forward Facing Camera Gridlines CSM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 3 Rear CVPM Camera Dynamic Gridlines CSM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 3 Rear CVPM Camera Static Gridlines CSM Present- YES
Cabin Net CVPM central vision processing- YES
Once these are changed, close the software. It will take several drive cycles and some time for all the settings changes to take effect. After that, you’re done, and will have the fully functioning integrated trail cam system.
Special thanks to @bryanklay. It’s been a pleasure helping him get this up and running. Very knowledgeable, and immediately picked up on, and understood everything I explained to him, and made remote troubleshooting and brainstorming a breeze! He’s going to get the new rear camera installed later this weekend, and we’re confident that will wrap up his full installation.
I’m having trouble with this step can you do this on an iPhone?

Sponsored

cschissler

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
No. You have to use android device or window for AlfaOBD.
Can you help me locate where exactly to install CVPM I took center dash out and could not find where to put it. Also, how add zoom button for rear view camera

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
what setting am i missing if i don't have zoom button and my front camera view isn't full screen
The front camera view isn't full screen. This is normal and the way it is OEM. It's a 'letterboxed wide screen'.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
So I've started having intermittent blue and green screens in both front/rear cam. When it happens, it happens to both. Sometimes the picture skips and freezes up. Since it's consistently across both cams when it happens, I'm inclined to think it's a cable to the control module or the module itself. Also, I can be sitting and it'll stop working, start working... so thinking it's not a connector as I can bounce the truck around and doesn't seem to affect it. Curious if anyone else has experienced this that added the trail cam themselves.

Edit: Could moisture in the connectors cause this? Wondering I some dielectric grease in the cam connectors might help.
Sponsored