First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Pulsar V4 has been trouble free so far in the first 1500 miles. I have sent some notes along for software revisions, which they seem to be taking to heart.
Sponsored

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
I want to make a quick note: if you live at elevation, PLEASE do not follow this method until you are supercharged. This will not do for you what boost will. Gears will not do for you what boost will. Period. Get a blower with a good tune, then an intake, then exhaust. You need pressure to overcome the elevation. If you cant afford to boost if, consider waiting until you can. If that isnt in the picture, then gear deep and for from there

This method works, but i dont want folks at elevation setting themselves up for disappointment. Youll be money into these parts when youd be better served pinching pennies for a blower.
Are you saying that these things will just have a much reduced impact at elevation, or no impact? Just curious as I already have the mopar intake, was planning to do exhaust anyway, so really throwing in the Pulsar is a no brainer. I think similarly to you I'm waiting for some of the SC's to get CARB and the tunes more sorted out before I drop coin on it, but it is on my list.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Are you saying that these things will just have a much reduced impact at elevation, or no impact? Just curious as I already have the mopar intake, was planning to do exhaust anyway, so really throwing in the Pulsar is a no brainer. I think similarly to you I'm waiting for some of the SC's to get CARB and the tunes more sorted out before I drop coin on it, but it is on my list.
Edelbrock is ready to go now. The impact of these stuff is greatly reduced at elevation as is all things NA. I just dont want folks at elevation expecting what im getting and be set up for disappointment. If you know the score, do you. It for sure wont hurt. But if you have blower money now just Do it.

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edelbrock is ready to go now. The impact of these stuff is greatly reduced at elevation as is all things NA. I just dont want folks at elevation expecting what im getting and be set up for disappointment. If you know the score, do you. It for sure wont hurt. But if you have blower money now just Do it.
Understood, and thanks for clarifying. As far as SC, it's unfortunately going to have to wait until we're through another large purchase process. Plus I'd like to get some more miles on the truck first, with COVID I haven't been driving near as much the past year.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Kurt, sorry if this seems out of place, but I can’t recall which thread we talked about octane. So if the compression on this motor is 11.3:1, why in the world do they recommend 87 octane for it. I get it from a marketing/sales perspective, but the low RPM roughness that has been widely reported, mine included, has disappeared running 91 octane. I’ll say it again, I’ve been absolutely floored what running 91 octane has done... even at 6,000’.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Hey Kurt, sorry if this seems out of place, but I can’t recall which thread we talked about octane. So if the compression on this motor is 11.3:1, why in the world do they recommend 87 octane for it. I get it from a marketing/sales perspective, but the low RPM roughness that has been widely reported, mine included, has disappeared running 91 octane. I’ll say it again, I’ve been absolutely floored what running 91 octane has done... even at 6,000’.
I know and agree. Running 87 hurts drivability but i think a lot of people wouldnt be happy if they required 91 in a jeep i guess.

They should have (imo) added stroke to the motor amd changed the low lobe cam to improve tq and refined the tuning. My 87 octane pulsar tune runs smoother than stock and people with Livernois have said the same

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Curious to see what will happen with the supercharger.

Ive decided to go Magnuson supercharged; and ordered today. Earlier than i expected. The truck drives well, but id like more power when loaded down and at elevation and going for a pass. Or at least, thats how i justified it. Hahahaha

In doing research on this; im still glad i went the route i did. My Mopar intake will work with the TVS style blower and snorkel. The pulsar will come out easily. The 4.88 gears are still good; and 5.13’s wouldnt have made a difference in this. Ported TB

Should be fun!

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ive decided to go Magnuson supercharged; and ordered today. Earlier than i expected. The truck drives well, but id like more power when loaded down and at elevation and going for a pass. Or at least, thats how i justified it. Hahahaha

In doing research on this; im still glad i went the route i did. My Mopar intake will work with the TVS style blower and snorkel. The pulsar will come out easily. The 4.88 gears are still good; and 5.13’s wouldnt have made a difference in this. Ported TB

Should be fun!
What pushed you towards Magnuson vs. Edelbrock?

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE

Should be fun!
I think this is where my journey will also follow in the next year. Thanks for the updates to date!

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Will you keep the Pulsar and the supercharger or do you not need the Pulsar with supercharger?

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
What pushed you towards Magnuson vs. Edelbrock?
Good question. I was seconds away from the Edelbrock kit. But looking at some thermal data I had access to from previous endeavors, looking at the comparative intercooler sizes, and talking with @DAVECS1 swayed me over.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Will you keep the Pulsar and the supercharger or do you not need the Pulsar with supercharger?
Wont be using the Pulsar. The ECU will be fully tuned for the blower and not compatible at all.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Will you be doing the install yourself or having a shop do it?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Will you be doing the install yourself or having a shop do it?
Havent decided yet. Local shop gave me a fair labor quote, but i like doing stuff myself. Trying to decide if i value that or my time more. Will probably depend on work schedule.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Havent decided yet. Local shop gave me a fair labor quote, but i like doing stuff myself. Trying to decide if i value that or my time more. Will probably depend on work schedule.
‘Depending on how far you are from me you are and our schedules I’d be willing to lend a hand.....
Sponsored