First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Yes, thank you. May give it a try on my daughter's JLU before my Gladiator comes in. I know you said there have been some issues with the Superchips tuner. Would I be better off waiting until their new version comes out?
Just remember driving habits and speed play a big role.

I would recommend waiting until i get my hands on the new one and see how it is.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Thank you for the videos, they were very helpful in understanding the basic ECU operation. As another stated here, once I started I binged on all 6 you posted. Refreshingly, it fed my nerdy side!

To clarify, to get to the MPG you’re seeing, you used the Mopar CAI, Superchips Pulsar, and swapped the air intake, anything else? I have a 2020 with 37’s as well and was considering 4:88 gears in an attempt to get out of 6th more often and a better driving experience overall. It seems my initial focus on gearing first should maybe redirected to more efficiency (power and torque) out of the engine.

Were you focused on MPG specifically? Is there any downside to those upgrades when off-roading, etc? My wife and I are on a 3 month trip in the motorhome towing the Gladiator, our recent stop included “playing” on the very dusty trails of Big Bend National Park. This included the pretty easy Jeep BOH Black Gap Trail. Lots of fun so we’re now searching for more play areas.

Again, many thanks for Primer and sharing your knowledge.

Regards,

Jim
Glad they were helpful.

My goal was power and mpg. Properly tuned motors run more efficiently and are just a better driving experience especially when a factory tune is as terrible as this one is.

There’s no downside. My biggest reason for choosing the mopar intake is that i can run a stock paper filter if i decide its needed. I dont think it will be and that the afe pro7 is enough, its nice to have the option. Also means snorkels are still an option.

While i was surprised at how well the truck drove on 37’s and 4.10’s after all this; i dont consider it a substitute for regearing. I also just regeared my truck to 4.88

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
Curious where your mpgs ends up with 4.88s. I installed 37s on my JTR at 415 miles and my best mpg has been 16.5 at 70. My normal around town, back and forth to work seeing 13mpg. Ive long thought that with some minor performance enhancements this thing would be able to hold 8th longer and get much better mpgs. You proved it. I just ordered the Mopar CAI, AFE filter and the AWE Exhaust. Can’t wait to see what gains I get if any. Not sure yet on the Pulsar. I’ll post my results here to keep it in the appropriate thread.
Jeep Gladiator How to get 20mpg+ on 37’s/ECU basics 5/5 up @ 60-70mph with V6 3.6L 43E4AE94-B6D5-49C4-A42C-C81FA49328BA

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Thank you for the informative videos.
‘Do you happen to have the part numbers for the Mopar high flow air ox and associated hardware?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Thank you for the informative videos.
‘Do you happen to have the part numbers for the Mopar high flow air ox and associated hardware?
Mopar 77072433

Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
@KurtP —great thread here! I have some questions for you would like to know your thoughts:

1. If you had to do these in order which would you do first for best bang for the buck (economy & power). If I had to guess I’d say tuner first, exhaust 2nd and intake 3rd.

2. Did you get the loop delete mid pipe from AWE? I’m wondering what impact positive or negative that piece contributes.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
@KurtP —great thread here! I have some questions for you would like to know your thoughts:

1. If you had to do these in order which would you do first for best bang for the buck (economy & power). If I had to guess I’d say tuner first, exhaust 2nd and intake 3rd.

2. Did you get the loop delete mid pipe from AWE? I’m wondering what impact positive or negative that piece contributes.
Id say tuner first for sure. Intake/exhaust after that is a toss up from what ive seen.

I didnt get that...not lifted enough for it to matter. I think a better y pipe is my next step there.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Awesome post. I just got my Gladiator a week and a half ago. I've already looked at some CAI options and was leaning towards the S&B. Now may reconsider that. I've also been looking at the Pulsar. I have a flash-cal already that I updated from my JKU (just waiting on the gateway bypass). I would update that to the Flash Pac but I really don't want to deal with sending my ECU to get it unlocked and so on so I think the Pulsar would be great for me. I only have 33s for now and with mine being a Sport S on 3.73 gears I am wondering what kind of numbers I may be able to get. Thank you very much for the information and I will be glad to see if the updates help the Pulsar out any.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Awesome post. I just got my Gladiator a week and a half ago. I've already looked at some CAI options and was leaning towards the S&B. Now may reconsider that. I've also been looking at the Pulsar. I have a flash-cal already that I updated from my JKU (just waiting on the gateway bypass). I would update that to the Flash Pac but I really don't want to deal with sending my ECU to get it unlocked and so on so I think the Pulsar would be great for me. I only have 33s for now and with mine being a Sport S on 3.73 gears I am wondering what kind of numbers I may be able to get. Thank you very much for the information and I will be glad to see if the updates help the Pulsar out any.
hope it helps. Im optimistic about the latest pulsar update, we’ll see.

Re: S&B intake. To be completely clear: I don’t know if the loss of power he saw was because of poor ECU adaptation or because the SB is a bad intake design somehow. I speculate its the adaptation causing issues and making it too lean based on what I know about what the ECU is doing; typically SB has made a fine intake, and let’s get real: they are all more or less the same. My guess would be the holley one would make the most power, just looking at the tube design. Just because one guy lost power on one dyno with the intake doesnt necessarily mean the intake is bad; his application of testing may have been, and that’s my Guess.

Sponsored

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hope it helps. Im optimistic about the latest pulsar update, we’ll see.

Re: S&B intake. To be completely clear: I don’t know if the loss of power he saw was because of poor ECU adaptation or because the SB is a bad intake design somehow. I speculate its the adaptation causing issues and making it too lean based on what I know about what the ECU is doing; typically SB has made a fine intake, and let’s get real: they are all more or less the same. My guess would be the holley one would make the most power, just looking at the tube design. Just because one guy lost power on one dyno with the intake doesnt necessarily mean the intake is bad; his application of testing may have been, and that’s my Guess.
Yeah that's true. I had a S&B on my JKU and I noticed a small increase in MPG but didnt pay too much attention to it. Id say with the S&B and the Flowmaster Cat back exhaust I only picked up a few MPGs. I never did a programmer because I didnt want to ship my ECM. I may get the S&B and give it a shot. I will probably take a look at the Holley one as well. I didnt realize they made one for JT's.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Yeah that's true. I had a S&B on my JKU and I noticed a small increase in MPG but didnt pay too much attention to it. Id say with the S&B and the Flowmaster Cat back exhaust I only picked up a few MPGs. I never did a programmer because I didnt want to ship my ECM. I may get the S&B and give it a shot. I will probably take a look at the Holley one as well. I didnt realize they made one for JT's.
It looks like a good design. The only reason i didnt get it is because i cant run a high filtration filter on it; although its been pointed out that a filter sock would probably work well. I also am unclear how/if it mates up to a snorkel.

I also didnt want to send my ecu out, as awesome as Im sure the Livernois tune is. My hope is the pulsar gets resolved and works. The form factor is great.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like a good design. The only reason i didnt get it is because i cant run a high filtration filter on it; although its been pointed out that a filter sock would probably work well. I also am unclear how/if it mates up to a snorkel.

I also didnt want to send my ecu out, as awesome as Im sure the Livernois tune is. My hope is the pulsar gets resolved and works. The form factor is great.
So with the Pulsar, if you did take it to the dealer for anything and they flashed it it wouldn't cause any issues? I think thats what you said in one of the videos. Does it cause any Warranty issues?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
So with the Pulsar, if you did take it to the dealer for anything and they flashed it it wouldn't cause any issues? I think thats what you said in one of the videos. Does it cause any Warranty issues?
I left mine in for the steering tsb and they said nothing. If i needed to have something in the ecu flashed or updated, i would take it out, more just to ensure theres no interruption to the flash process than anything else.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I left mine in for the steering tsb and they said nothing. If i needed to have something in the ecu flashed or updated, i would take it out, more just to ensure theres no interruption to the flash process than anything else.
Makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored