Sponsored

Hummer EV

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The 3x comes with 22" rims? This thing is entirely geared at on road with some tech features for Instagram posts from owners. The stuff could be super useful offroad but as soon as you tart it up with 22s you know the target buyer.

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
The 3x comes with 22" rims? This thing is entirely geared at on road with some tech features for Instagram posts from owners. The stuff could be super useful offroad but as soon as you tart it up with 22s you know the target buyer.
Yeah, I agree. I read that the new Jeep 4xe will have 20 inch rims on the Sport and Sahara and I thought it was a bad idea. 17 would have been better. More rubber is better.

Ksagaser

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
This thing has skid plates? Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the EV batteries fragile? One big bump can turn that thing into a $100k flaming inferno.

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
Looks like an avalanche,& not a fan of square wheel wells

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
How much?
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/20/gm-unveils-hummer-ev-as-worlds-first-supertruck-for-112600.html

Only $112k+. But hey, they'll have some cheaper versions coming in 2 years with less power and range. OMG I knew GM would screw the relaunch of the Hummer brand. It really makes me sad because I love Hummers and their traditional styling. They just needed to be cheaper and more people would have gotten them. Also add in more fuel efficient today and maybe something like 4xe hybrid and I bet they would've sold great.

This monstrosity not only looks bad, but is way out of what most people would throw on a GM. This vehicle makes me feel so many negative emotions. Even the design to me is shitty and only screams bad box design, not even Hummer. It looks like a badly bloated Buick. I see GM had still learned nothing and
Shouldn't have been bailed out. What an utter garbage heap disgrace.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Looks better than a Cybertruck.

And 11,500 ft.lbs. of torque?? Wowza.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
im assuming you havent heard of the TRX
I'm mean sure, the TRX is an FCA product and I probably should have specified Jeep.

I see the Hummer as being an all electric competitor to the Wrangler/Gladiator. Sure, its 2x the cost but it sure has some cool stuff. Jeep is still catering to the few when it comes to creature comforts. Most people will never take their Wrangler off road. Fewer will probably take the Gladiator off road. Things like power seats, ventilated seats, more than 4 airbags, putting the mirrors on the body, bring 360* camera angles (minimum, they need more to keep up with the competition), etc should be at the very least available on trim levels. The list goes on and on.

They've had no competition for too long. Nice to see things come out there to move the ball forward.

Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I watched the TFL video last night and was really contemplating this vs. ordering a Gladiator next year, then I heard the price, I could buy two JTRs for that price or one JTR and a Hellcat conversion!

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a fan of the body but everything else is outstanding. They'll get their price, although I'm not likely to trade my Gladiator for one.
Sponsored