First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
What are you running and why? Let see pictures!
I’m probably going to run a 37 inch mud tire! But was thinking about Hybrid tire? Not sure on the brand I want
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Planning on a toyo at 3 in a 37 x12.5 on an18 wheel. But still looking at both

rafael004

First Name
rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gobi gladiator
Occupation
gc
i order today nitto ridge grappler 35x12.5r17

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
Toyo RT for me but prefer the looks of the Nitto. I chose the Toyo based on reviews for the weather Ill be in and more people gave higher ratings for the RT in the heavy rain than the Ridge Grappler. I suggest you consider the weather your tires will run through, look up reviews based on that. What works here in the swamp, may not work in NY or Utah.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Toyo RT for me but prefer the looks of the Nitto. I chose the Toyo based on reviews for the weather Ill be in and more people gave higher ratings for the RT in the heavy rain than the Ridge Grappler. I suggest you consider the weather your tires will run through, look up reviews based on that. What works here in the swamp, may not work in NY or Utah.
I have been looking at those also. But they look like they might be noisy. The nittos reviews mentioned chunking on gravel roads several times. Also looking at the at3 but to run 37s. I need an 18 inch rim.

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
I have been looking at those also. But they look like they might be noisy. The nittos reviews mentioned chunking on gravel roads several times. Also looking at the at3 but to run 37s. I need an 18 inch rim.
Mine Toyo RTs are being installed today. I will let you all know.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are 35s, but they are the Nitto Ridge Grappler. I have not been in mud with them yet but I think I like them for everything else...still pretty new though....

56C9A6F4-3877-4AF7-BFFB-C43B27C88A1E.jpeg

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If any noise is a concern, get the AT3. While the RTs aren't "noisy" to me, if you dont want to hear your tires at all, anything more than an AT wont work for you. Hell, these are quieter than the garbage BFG ATs but they are noisy for an AT, in my opinion.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Yeah I am sticking to ats
Why Don’t you like bfgs. I have very good experience with new ones

Sponsored

FormerToyotaGuy

First Name
Acen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Legislative
I was going to replace the Micky Thompson tires on last truck before I bought Gladiator with Cooper ST Maxx, pretty aggressive hybrid tire.

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I went with the Ridge Grapplers (35"). Overall I'm very pleased. Good on road and off road performance. Went wheeling yesterday in some pretty wet and muddy terrain (Florida) and they got me through no issue.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If I was you I'd look at the BFG KO2S as well, probably the best all around tire you can buy, they work in Mud, rain,sand, ice and snow. It's a proven tire and probably the most popular. They cost but there is a reason for that. I'd say it's the best daily driver/ moderate wheeler tire you can buy and you will get 50,000 miles out them pretty easily. Some want to bash them but I've never personally seen a bad set and lot of people I know around my area run them including the hard core wheelers.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I am sticking to ats
Why Don’t you like bfgs. I have very good experience with new ones
Ive had them on three different Jeeps, KM2s on an XJ and honestly, thought they were way too loud for an AT, wore like shit despite perfect alignment specs, subpar offroad and the KM2s were just awful on the XJ in every way, shape and form. These are my individual experiences, so while they are a common and typically highly regarded tire choice, I simply cannot recommend them. Im also a tad different than some. Ill spend top dollar on tires for performance and longevity. Tire noise takes a back seat for offroad tires and high performance street tires. Ill tolerate a certain level of noise if the performance is worth it.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had them on three different Jeeps, KM2s on an XJ and honestly, thought they were way too loud for an AT, wore like shit despite perfect alignment specs, subpar offroad and the KM2s were just awful on the XJ in every way, shape and form. These are my individual experiences, so while they are a common and typically highly regarded tire choice, I simply cannot recommend them. Im also a tad different than some. Ill spend top dollar on tires for performance and longevity. Tire noise takes a back seat for offroad tires and high performance street tires. Ill tolerate a certain level of noise if the performance is worth it.
A KM2 is not a A/T it's a M/T the KO2 is the BFG A/T, I've never ran a set 9f the KM2s but as most would tell you, there aren't many M/TS that wear good for on road daily driving.

Honestly I've ran a ton of tires over the years and as far as road noise goes I've never had a set of tires quieter than the KO2s and that's running God knows how many different brands.
Sponsored