Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
As the title states, I couldn't find any sliders that I liked that included bolt-on steps.

A few sliders were more parallel to the ground, and could be used as a step, but not perfect for a lifted truck.

I really liked the Fab Fours sliders and ordered them. I then casually looked around for clamp on style steps. I was shocked to not really find any out there. The sliders are 2" OD, pretty standard I'd think.

I stumbled across these Warrior Products steps, which are designed to be welded on. The mounts are not perfectly curved, but they are still for 2" OD. A quick massage with an angle grinder solved the mounting issue. I then used 1/4" grade 8 bolts and hardware to mount them, drilling through both the steps and through the sliders. They feel very solid to me, and for serious off-road trips, they can be un-bolted easily with a 7/16" socket. I did think about using rivnuts, but in my case, the bolts go through both sides of the slider, which increases the strength.

Jeep Gladiator I Couldn't Find Any Rock Sliders with Bolt-on Steps 20211215_133416

Jeep Gladiator I Couldn't Find Any Rock Sliders with Bolt-on Steps 20220121_171132

Jeep Gladiator I Couldn't Find Any Rock Sliders with Bolt-on Steps 20220121_165430

Jeep Gladiator I Couldn't Find Any Rock Sliders with Bolt-on Steps 20220121_165423
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
These look pretty great!
any shots looking straight down above the door sill and down the side?

Sponsored

bilcol8122

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
These look great! I was in the same boat and went with ps rocker Knockers which look a lot like these.

Jeep Gladiator I Couldn't Find Any Rock Sliders with Bolt-on Steps PXL_20220129_214238795

Jeep Gladiator I Couldn't Find Any Rock Sliders with Bolt-on Steps PXL_20220129_214238795
Did these come with the drop steps or did you add them later?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Did these come with the drop steps or did you add them later?
Poison Spyder sells the steps for it separately. It comes 2 per, so you need to order 2 sets of steps if you want all 4.

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
White Knuckle Offroad makes rock sliders with step plates. Excellent quality, and bomb proof.

Jeep Gladiator I Couldn't Find Any Rock Sliders with Bolt-on Steps 4C5CB61A-14BD-4BEB-A1C8-197292E185FB

Sponsored

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
Looks like a great low cost fix. Any problems with the install? What is your feed back after using them for awhile?
I’ve got a set on the front doors. I don’t know if I jacked up the install or what, but mine will not spring up. They are either up or down. Other than the possible user install error, they have been great. They tuck up real nice when you and I haven’t had an issue on the trail with them either.

I do want a set of the white knuckle sliders though… very expensive but worth it if you are at hobbit height like myself.

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Looks like a great low cost fix. Any problems with the install? What is your feed back after using them for awhile?
We love these steps and will get another pair for the rear doors. I did have an issue with the install. The pictures on the installation sheets aren't that great, but once I saw my error, they installed in less than 30 minutes and was very easy.
Sponsored