John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Even though I empathize with those people having problems with their Gladiators, I’m curious as to what and if any changes they have made to their vehicle before problems arise. Were they stock or modified? I’ve owned 2 Gladiators and have had no serious problems.

Not saying complaints aren’t justified in the problems, just wondering what percentage of these really affect the total amount of ownership. I’ve had modified and unmodified Gladiators with hardly no problems.

My expectations have been exceeded in its use and reliability. I feel bad for those having problems.
Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I’m in the same boat. I think some of it has to do with “if it bleeds, it leads”. I think the mass majority of us have little to no issues but what would you post up on a forum?

I have seen a few posts, mine included, about good things but I guess good is expected?

I do however appreciate knowing what issues to look for from everyone’s lessons learned. Everyone, thank you for that.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Even though I empathize with those people having problems with their Gladiators, I’m curious as to what and if any changes they have made to their vehicle before problems arise. Were they stock or modified? I’ve owned 2 Gladiators and have had no serious problems.

Not saying complaints aren’t justified in the problems, just wondering what percentage of these really affect the total amount of ownership. I’ve had modified and unmodified Gladiators with hardly no problems.

My expectations have been exceeded in its use and reliability. I feel bad for those having problems.
I've had a few issues the cropped up and solved themselves - nothing that was a show stopper. One time the feed for the backup camera went out. Another time the UConnect wouldn't recognize the phone for Carplay.

I don't expect silicon-based technology to work flawlessly. I've been around enough hardware and software to know that despite all intentions, everything is in beta.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have had many Jeeps over the years from a CJ5 on up. Most problems I have encountered has come from mods made to the Jeep. Had a 2006 That developed a bad "death wobble" a few thousand miles after a lift. The more computer controlled a vehicle is the greater the chance of causing a issue. I used to work with a guy who would buy a new Harley then spend thousands on mods, only to sell the bike because it was unreliable.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
My diff lock sensor is acting up and I have my JT parked for now (service appt next week). So far it's the only big issue I've had, and I'm not the first so there is some history on it (Dana problem from what I've read). My truck is stock and I've only used the lockers to make sure I am familiar with how they work for when I may need them.

I had the steering gear replaced under the TSB but I could drive the truck before. Had batteries replaced under warranty after ESS stopped working but my truck sat on the lot for months before I bought it and batteries don't like to sit. Had a couple very small issues addressed soon after purchase but nothing that would keep me from driving it.

Overall my only real problem so far is this current axle one and so far my dealer has been very good about getting work done. If this time is no different I'll still be happy with things overall - I am an engineer and have worked in high volume manufacturing environments and defects happen, it's how they get sorted out on the back end that matters.
Sponsored