Sponsored

Things I don’t like about my new Gladiator

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
A big a** plastic bumper side to side is just stupid regardless of the trim. That should not be standard, but a downgrade with a negative $$ for people who want to save $$.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A big a** plastic bumper side to side is just stupid regardless of the trim. That should not be standard, but a downgrade with a negative $$ for people who want to save $$.
LOL - ready? I can counter that with a pretty long list - maybe best to skip this message and go right to the next one........

Sorry, EPA/CAFE rules, not our desires.........
honestly, you speak for a small subset of buyers. Whatever Jeep might put on for a steel bumper, a subset of those wouldn't like it and would still swap anyway.
It's a truck - add a steel bumper, lose payload.

There's a pretty decent difference in MPG and MPG on the Wrangler and Gladiator impact fleet numbers.
I proved the difference in MPG lately when I swapped the plastic bumper and air dam back on my 2020. It was well broken in, the weather was the same, and I kept using the same fuel so it was strictly the bumper/air dam change that made a noted mpg difference.

On a full frontal impact, the steel bumper really won't matter - the frame takes the ultimate hit.
In the EU - pedestrian safety laws dictate what can be up front. Since Jeep depends on non-USA sales to survive, there we go.
If you want a steel bumper, buy one and install it.
But if we want Jeep to be around in 5 years so we can keep buying them into the future - we have to accept certain things.

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Web Developer
I guess this is just a peave of mine. but I think it was a missed opportunity/oversight maybe on jeeps part.

If you build a Mojave and go to the trouble of using orange vent trims, tow hooks, stitching etc. then I feel they could have gone that extra mile and used an orange shift button and orange panel for locker etc to tie it all together. instead of making all accents orange on there top trim level vehicle and then re-using Rubicon red accent parts.

Also an optional Metal bumper set on the Mojave would have been nice.

Im sure I'll come up with other things over time.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I guess this is just a peave of mine. but I think it was a missed opportunity/oversight maybe on jeeps part.

If you build a Mojave and go to the trouble of using orange vent trims, tow hooks, stitching etc. then I feel they could have gone that extra mile and used an orange shift button and orange panel for locker etc to tie it all together. instead of making all accents orange on there top trim level vehicle and then re-using Rubicon red accent parts.

Also an optional Metal bumper set on the Mojave would have been nice.

Im sure I'll come up with other things over time.
That's an interesting take, and I hadn't thought about it before (the locker switch). It makes even less sense, because it's not even the same switch as on a Rubicon, so it isn't reused. The Rubicon has the swaybar disconnect and front locker on that switch too. The Mojave switch is unique to the Mojave.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
While I don't know why you'd really want to do this on a regular basis, it does let you shut it off with the push button while it's rolling.
It’ll shut off, but then BAM! the AutoPark kicks in, and you abruptly come to a halt.

Kevin

Sponsored

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
Love my Gladiator. Especially after learning to shift at higher RPM due to the higher power band. Except for the poor gas mileage, but as they say "more smiles per gallon".

One thing that continues to irk me is that on getting out of the jeep while sliding down to terra firma i hit the lever and that lowers my seat, so i keep having to raise the seat again.

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
One thing that continues to irk me is that on getting out of the jeep while sliding down to terra firma i hit the lever and that lowers my seat, so i keep having to raise the seat again.
Don't slide out. And your seat edge will last longer.

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer
Don't slide out. And your seat edge will last longer.
That's a great point. I watched my mom's beautiful T-Bird's driver's seat fall apart because of my her fat a$$ second spouse (he never really earned the title, husband) just rolled out of the car. I'm pretty sure he was over the driver's weight limit.....:mad:

Anywho, any one have a good way of keeping off the seat edge coming out of a lifted jeep?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer
RSE power steps
I'm lucky I could afford the $500 for rough country sliders..... drop 3 grand on electric steps and I'll be out on my @$$ lol

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
I'm lucky I could afford the $500 for rough country sliders..... drop 3 grand on electric steps and I'll be out on my @$$ lol
Buy once, cry once. It's also better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Fortunately for me, I was told by the boss that it had to have power steps on it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Buy once, cry once. It's also better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Fortunately for me, I was told by the boss that it had to have power steps on it.
Same here. A set for her jlur and a set for my jt. I told her the price and she asked how soon I could have them on.

JW Jeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
That's a great point. I watched my mom's beautiful T-Bird's driver's seat fall apart because of my her fat a$$ second spouse (he never really earned the title, husband) just rolled out of the car. I'm pretty sure he was over the driver's weight limit.....:mad:

Anywho, any one have a good way of keeping off the seat edge coming out of a lifted jeep?
Ya know I’ve been thinking about this also. I have no problem getting in with overland side steps but still slide a little over the edge getting out. Well I solved the problem today !! Get out the same way you get in (Backwards). Grab pull handles , step on steps and back out. I don’t even come close to the seat. Even had the wife try it and it works for us.
Sponsored