First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
if you add the technology pkg and go on to add the 8.4 from what I have read on this forum that cancels out the dash and in the end you have to add it again. Why ...you added it once already . It should be brought to the persons attention that this happend so you dont get educated on it when you take delivery
I have to means to look at Trans, coolant and oil temp - either offroad pages or the center information screen. Without offroad pages (Rubicon) and the center screen do you still have the other gauge information? The 'normal' temp gauge is a fake one that doesn't move once up to temp despite the actual temp readout varying by 30* over a drive cycle.

I consider those gauges as vital information, particularly towing, crawling or some other high stress operation.
Sponsored

Gizmo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue Sport S MT. 99 TJ
Occupation
Retired Operating Engineer Local 825
Ya got me confused on that one......... are you talking "when you add" as in when you ORDER it, or "when you add" meaning you later add the 8.4 physically yourself?

How did you "add" - via online stuff, or through a dealer?
Ordered
I have to means to look at Trans, coolant and oil temp - either offroad pages or the center information screen. Without offroad pages (Rubicon) and the center screen do you still have the other gauge information? The 'normal' temp gauge is a fake one that doesn't move once up to temp despite the actual temp readout varying by 30* over a drive cycle.

I consider those gauges as vital information, particularly towing, crawling or some other high stress operation.
i too have the offroad pages but i went from a loaded Ram dash to this which really makes this cluster look bare. I will eventually get it. The thread i learned all this from mentioned that if he would of added the right option again the second time he would of only got the instrument cluster but would of spent $1000. To get it. He ended up buying the cluster from a totaled Gladiator and corrected the mileage for less than half that. I should be able to better that as I can correct the mileage myself

Gizmo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It was available when I ordered.
Didnt say that. From what i read on this forum from was that when you order the 8.4 radio and maybe some thing else it canceled the tech pkg or at least took away the tech instrument cluster so if you wanted the cluster you had to add it later in the order which increased your order 1grand. From the way the the members responded on the thread it seemed like it happened often. I didnt meant to confuse yas as it sounded lime common knowledge on the thread. I think i bookmarked it as it did have some interesting info

Gizmo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Didnt say that. From what i read on this forum from was that when you order the 8.4 radio and maybe some thing else it canceled the tech pkg or at least took away the tech instrument cluster so if you wanted the cluster you had to add it later in the order which increased your order 1grand. From the way the the members responded on the thread it seemed like it happened often. I didnt meant to confuse yas as it sounded lime common knowledge on the thread. I think i bookmarked it as it did have some interesting info
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/upgraded-instrument-cluster-3-5-to-7-easy.55471/

FinnYyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I don’t think I like the turn signal stalk….seems to short. I gotta reach behind the steering wheel.
Sponsored