First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
The 2.3 is a much stronger running motor than the 3.6. The problem with Ford’s DI motors is valve coking and how it impacts performance.
I drive a Ford company vehicle, it has a 6 banger (transit 150?) and absolute POS in mountains, engine not withstanding.
The trans is utter garbage. Programming will auto downshift when going down hill until acceleration levels out. At issue here is that it will rev the engine to 48K in the name of safety, while not allowing for an accelerated upshift.
Biggest POS I have ever driven, just like most other Fords.
If you like yours (Ford products) 60`s mustangs are an exception, good for you. My experience with all Ford products guarantees I will never buy one for personal use.
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
I drive a Ford company vehicle, it has a 6 banger (transit 150?) and absolute POS in mountains, engine not withstanding.
The trans is utter garbage. Programming will auto downshift when going down hill until acceleration levels out. At issue here is that it will rev the engine to 48K in the name of safety, while not allowing for an accelerated upshift.
Biggest POS I have ever driven, just like most other Fords.
If you like yours (Ford products) 60`s mustangs are an exception, good for you. My experience with all Ford products guarantees I will never buy one for personal use.
I don’t currently own a ford. But I too have found the quality of Ford products to be low. Of course, Jeep has never been a leader of quality as well. Lol

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
I came from a 21' Ranger and agree, quality was the main reason I got rid of it after 8 months. The quality of the Gladiator's materials, fit/finish, design logic is leagues above the Ranger which was like an econocar focus on stilts. It was however much quicker than the Jeep and that it will remain as long as the ecodiesel and the 3.6 are the only engine options. Not sure how it fairs in other platforms, but it ripped in the Ranger.

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t currently own a ford. But I too have found the quality of Ford products to be low. Of course, Jeep has never been a leader of quality as well. Lol
Couldn’t resist :LOL:
Jeep Gladiator I test drove the 2.3L 4 cylinder Bronco on Sunday 5230D286-46ED-48D5-A851-456A0324570B

Jeep Gladiator I test drove the 2.3L 4 cylinder Bronco on Sunday 4F4FE5D5-74C7-4DE9-BAFA-D9157406F1E0

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I currently own both a Launch Edition Gladiator with 2 in Mopar lift and 37s and. 2022 Bronco Badlands with the Sasquatch package. Up on the highway the Gladiator has a nicer ride. Most like due to the longer wheelbase and lower tire pressure that I can run in the 37s. My Gladiator has always driven very nice so No will need or loser there.
Up on the highway I can set the cruise at 78 on my 2.7 Bronco and my GPS checked speed never fluctuates more than 0.5 mph and it never downshifts out of 10th gear. I have the gauges up so I can watch the boost climb and the instant mpg drop but the Bronco has a much better engine and transmission combo than the Gladiator.
All that being said I love them both and neither will ever be sold!

Jeep Gladiator I test drove the 2.3L 4 cylinder Bronco on Sunday 4F4FE5D5-74C7-4DE9-BAFA-D9157406F1E0

That's a nice collection you have there. I'm assuming you got in on the early ordering.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I got my reservation early AM on the second day. It also helps that I went with the soft top and a small dealership. I ordered my Launch Edition Gladiator a day early and got it on May 25 of 2019. I only know of a few LEs that were built before mine.

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been wanting to drive a Bronco since they were released but dealerships around here kept their mannequin on the showroom floor to keep miles down. Ford dealership near my work baited me and told me I could drive their 2.7L Wildtrak only to tell me they only demo the 2.3L Bronco they have. Well I went ahead and did so and all I can say is I couldn’t wait to get back into my Gladiator. The 2.3L 4 cylinder is a freaking “TURD” and that says a lot coming from the brick of a Gladiator I drive currently. And this was with stock tires. I can’t imagine how bad it is with the Sasquatch package. I can’t believe the Ford fanboys say the 2.3
L is powerful enough.
Now this was with a Big Bend package. Is the bearing different on a Badlands or Wildtrak w/ Sasquatch? I know this is just my perception and others may disagree. I still want to drive a 2.7L Bronco.
My wife has a 2.3 Bronco Big Bend, and I wish my JT had the same power....just sayin
Sponsored