$50K ADM for the Bronco?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I don't get paying over msrp for this vehicle. It's not supposed to be some rare limited production thing. In a year, it'll be as common as a Wrangler. And those who paid over book will look very foolish. I'll wait.
Actually, when I bought the JT, I looked at a Civic Type R, which I know is a different vehicle entirely, but I can cross shop what I want. Anyway, the dealer wanted $8500 over MSRP, so I walked, and ended up with the Jeep after deciding I'd been without one for too long (Civic type Rs are nimble, quick, and fuel efficient, but the doors and roof don't come off haha!). I refuse to pay over MSRP for anything that isn't going to appreciate in value, so that precludes any daily driver.
Sponsored

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
I would bad mouth that dealer relentlessly had that happen to me.
Agreed - they'd make their $30k and would have a lifelong enemy who would do everything in my power to push anyone I know away from that dealer.

I don't get paying over msrp for this vehicle. It's not supposed to be some rare limited production thing. In a year, it'll be as common as a Wrangler.
This exactly. But these high profile, milked-for-months launches see some buyers caught up in the hype.

That said, I also don't get why manufacturers leave all this profit on the table for the very first batch of vehicles - SOMEOME is going to get the first Bronco in whatever city and that has value. Automakers try to tap into this with fully-optioned launch editions, but they could just as easily make the 'first edition' models $100k with a larger than usual spread between invoice and MSRP to make dealers happy and require large deposits to secure them. Instead you see what's reported up-thread: either dealers mark them up or people buy them for MSRP and flip (and can later re-buy when demand cools if they want).

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Ummmmm! You can go buy a Subaru Forester for 30k loaded. Looks like the same dam vehicle as far as size and such. I know the Subaru will be more reliable fo sho. The süb is not American made I know but 30k vs 120k? Seriously

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Ummmmm! You can go buy a Subaru Forester for 30k loaded. Looks like the same dam vehicle as far as size and such. I know the Subaru will be more reliable fo sho. The süb is not American made I know but 30k vs 120k? Seriously
Gotta keep those home equity loans rollin'.

Sponsored

Pergrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yamaha/BRP Tech
Mostly likely it's really not for sale so they put a crazy number on it to keep people from asking. Two dealers have have one close to me. They are listed to sale on their websites, but when you go in person they are really demo units they are not allowed to sale for at least another 7 months.

OP
OP
awraynor

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Broncs are ugly IYAM. Like an off-brand Wrangler without the charm
One video told the person congratulations on your new Ford Flex.
Sponsored