I wrote a script to detect pricing as soon as posted

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Okay so suppose you are a buyer who is not sensitive to price, generally speaking. Maybe you are looking for value, quality, lifestyle.

Are you sitting there happy today, like has been said, for four months without price?

Ok.

I am totally depending on price, so maybe that is why I am insane membranes. Wow.

Maybe somebody is sitting there totally complacent about the whole rollout saying "it's cool dude, price when it happens, I'm waiting on mpg".
Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I wouldn’t say mad. Irritated is a better word IMO. The JT had a full debut at the LA Auto Show over 4 months ago. Additionally, press corps have been provided JT are driving them around as we speak. The press embargo ends 3/31 and folks would like to know pricing by then. Jeep has released all the specs and available packages. We have been able to build the JT we want on the Jeep website for over a month, so yes, time to roll out pricing.
But I don’t know why everyone is irrated about pricing. Even if you got the pricing today, it doesn’t change when you get it. The release date is still the same.

Everyone has waited so long already for jeep to build a pickup. If people are ready to jump off to buy something else because of pricing they probably weren’t going to buy one in the first place.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For me it makes no huge difference. My Jeep was written off in summer last year, I’ve been with out a car or a jeep since then. It’s no big deal to me right now as I’m still recoverying. The colour I want is a late availability colour and I have a healthy budget for my Gladiator. If the price these things way out to lunch I’d just buy a JLU Rubicon, so to me price isn’t really an issue for me. I’m not stressing. I’ve been waiting 8 months already to get a Jeep again, a few more weeks until pricing makes no difference to me.

Okay so suppose you are a buyer who is not sensitive to price, generally speaking. Maybe you are looking for value, quality, lifestyle.

Are you sitting there happy today, like has been said, for four months without price?

Ok.

I am totally depending on price, so maybe that is why I am insane membranes. Wow.

Maybe somebody is sitting there totally complacent about the whole rollout saying "it's cool dude, price when it happens, I'm waiting on mpg".

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
For me it makes no huge difference. My Jeep was written off in summer last year, I’ve been with out a car or a jeep since then. It’s no big deal to me right now as I’m still recoverying. The colour I want is a late availability colour and I have a healthy budget for my Gladiator. If the price these things way out to lunch I’d just buy a JLU Rubicon, so to me price isn’t really an issue for me. I’m not stressing. I’ve been waiting 8 months already to get a Jeep again, a few more weeks until pricing makes no difference to me.

Glad you are healing up!

I'm just frustrated.

I do think a huge amount of people don't know they are going to be available soon, for example the people we've heard about on forum car show posts who don't know bout it until they see it there. Look at the dealership people, just now being made aware and not yet trained.

So agree it isn't big deal to everyone.

My frustrations come from being not in control and fear I will not get one first.

I just want a JT! Lol

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks man.

Haha. Yeah I get that. I def’n wish I could have one of the first ones as I really miss having my jeep. But just gotta remember that I’ll get it when I get it. So not to rush the process.

I just don’t know why everyone is stressing about pricing. It’s not going to be over priced. It’s still a midsized truck. It’s still a Jeep, that was developed along side the Wrangler. Which means the cost has been spread between both Jeeps. It’s going to end up being priced very similar to a JL.

Jeep wouldn’t go through this much just to price it out of the range of the people that buy mid sized pick ups. It wouldn’t make any sense from a company that is about making profit and bringing more people to the Jeep brand.

Mark my words it’s going to be priced very close to the Wrangler and it’s going to sell more than Jeep can handle.

Glad you are healing up!

I'm just frustrated.

I do think a huge amount of people don't know they are going to be available soon, for example the people we've heard about on forum car show posts who don't know bout it until they see it there. Look at the dealership people, just now being made aware and not yet trained.

So agree it isn't big deal to everyone.

My frustrations come from being not in control and fear I will not get one first.

I just want a JT! Lol

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I'm waiting for a late-availability color so I'm just trying to make the best of it. Hoping they should be out by September. On the positive side, there will be a ton of guinea pigs to answer all of my questions haha.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
But I don’t know why everyone is irrated about pricing. Even if you got the pricing today, it doesn’t change when you get it. The release date is still the same.

Everyone has waited so long already for jeep to build a pickup. If people are ready to jump off to buy something else because of pricing they probably weren’t going to buy one in the first place.
:idea: BINGO.

I suppose I don't care about when pricing will come out because I can't realistically buy one until 2020 or beyond, unless business this year exceeds expectations.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Look at the dealership people, just now being made awarel
THIS DRIVES ME NUTS, and i don't blame Jeep for the reason you probably do. I blame the damn salespeople.

I worked in wireless sales for 8 years. I made it a point to know about everything people would want to know. Apps, operating systems and when they're coming out, new phones, new features, WAY BEFORE anybody from corporate told me about it. I then also encouraged the other wireless consultants to do the same, and for the lazy ones I at least told them all the stuff that I had learned. And we were selling a $300-$800 device, not a $50,000 vehicle.

If Jeep sales people are just finding out about the Gladiator then they SUCK AT THEIR JOBS. Take some pride in what you do. Go online once in a while and scan the forums. Especially if all you sell is JEEP. Come on, that's just lazy. You only need to read Jeep news.

I can't stand that shit. I went to the dealer to inquire about the Pacifica. The sales guy told me the hybrid had a spare under the car (WRONG), said the 2nd row had heated seats (WRONG), couldn't demonstrate the hands free door "kick" opening, and made some other thing up. I knew 10 times what he did about the Pacifica Hybrid.

I bought from a different dealership altogether because if they employ a lazy bastard that doesn't know his product, then the sales manger is incompetent and they don't get my business. So i guess i can blame Jeep for not fostering a working organization where people are encouraged to be experts about their product.

grrrr, :angry::surprised::angry:

edit: i remembered the other thing. He couldn't tell me what the hybrid component warranty was. Now I don't expect people to know everything, but my Grandpa always said, "I may not know the answer to everything, but I know where to find it."

He didn't even give me a brochure, or tell me he'd find out and call me back. He instructed me to go online to a forum and ask around there. "Those guys online find out about stuff way sooner than we do, and we don't sell a lot of hybrids around here." LAZY **** you know what.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I may not disagree with everything you said but I can tell you with 100% certainty you’re 100% wrong about that. I most certainly was ready, willing and able to buy one. But all the uncertainty made me second guess my decision and that’s why I decided to buy something else.

If the manufacturer had in fact released some actual hard facts to make my buying process a little less shaky, I would have waited. Too much uncertainty about everything made me increasingly nervous. Everything we think we know about this truck up to now is nothing but speculation. Anybody who says different is either full of it or just plain ignorant.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I may not disagree with everything you said but I can tell you with 100% certainty you’re 100% wrong about that. I most certainly was ready, willing and able to buy one. But all the uncertainty made me second guess my decision and that’s why I decided to buy something else.

If the manufacturer had in fact released some actual hard facts to make my buying process a little less shaky, I would have waited. Too much uncertainty about everything made me increasingly nervous. Everything we think we know about this truck up to now is nothing but speculation. Anybody who says different is either full of it or just plain ignorant.
What hard facts are you looking for? We don't know price. We only have a rough estimate of a release date. What else are you uncertain about?

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Everyone has known for some time now that they will arrive in Spring. You say you were willing to buy one but you bought something else before it was even released.

I don’t know what you expect, they are still in the process of showing the truck to the public. They released the truck to the Media at the LA autoshow which kicked off the unveiling of the truck. They now have to show the truck to the rest of the US and Canada.

They forsure won’t open up the pricing and ordering on a vehicle that hasn’t even been shown to the car buying community. Just because we are sitting here waiting for it, doesn’t mean that their isn’t a huge potential customer base that had no idea it existed.

Smart marketing strategy is to show the truck to their intended audience, give the truck to the media to review. Open up ordering and pricing on the truck. Then start having them arrive in dealerships.

They have always said that it will be arriving in dealerships in spring 2019. It’s not spring 2019. You didn’t want to wait the process. It’s not Jeeps fault.

In the end it’s people like this that complain about Jeep, because they wanted Jeep to rush the process so they can get one.

You got impatient even though you knew the timeline.

That’s it. Not Jeeps fault.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Everything we think we know about this truck up to now is nothing but speculation. Anybody who says different is either full of it or just plain ignorant.

It’s going to ride on 4 wheels, it will have a steering wheel. I mean I think I know that stuff but I suppose I am just speculating.

Seriously though, I think we have lots of facts. Missing price. What else do you want to know?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It’s going to ride on 4 wheels, it will have a steering wheel. I mean I think I know that stuff but I suppose I am just speculating.

Seriously though, I think we have lots of facts. Missing price. What else do you want to know?
I want to know how much it costs.

Maybe I'm missing the point of capitalism, that the market sets the price, not the multinational company.

Or maybe I just believe in stupid slogans from my youth where we don't play rollout like a dog plays rollover.

Don't know how else to say it.

Publicize your costs to market, your fair profit, give back since we bailed a bunch of you out, and get on with the next!

96c929ee79716f5d06b2ab7082446ba7.jpg
Sponsored