iDRIVE throttle controller

Florida Mojave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2018 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave
Just installed my iDrive last night. I already knew it was going to make a huge difference as I had one on my F150. So if anyone is on the fence let me tell you this thing is totally worth the $$. It wakes your vehicle up - IT DOES NOT add horsepower, it only uses what is already there. Chris at iDrive is an awesome guy and they stand by their product 100%.
Sponsored

Deleted member 39643

Anyone know if this fixes the rev hang issues in 4 low manual trans? Worst of it I've seen is letting off the gas completely and the engine will old 1.5 or 2k rpm for a second or so, horrible when your going over rough terrain at 5mph.

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
Just installed my iDrive last night. I already knew it was going to make a huge difference as I had one on my F150. So if anyone is on the fence let me tell you this thing is totally worth the $$. It wakes your vehicle up - IT DOES NOT add horsepower, it only uses what is already there. Chris at iDrive is an awesome guy and they stand by their product 100%.
Do you have Chris's contact info?

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Anyone know if this fixes the rev hang issues in 4 low manual trans? Worst of it I've seen is letting off the gas completely and the engine will old 1.5 or 2k rpm for a second or so, horrible when your going over rough terrain at 5mph.
I haven't tried it in that particular situation, but I don't see how it would.

These throttle controllers just adjust the mapping of when we push the gas pedal, nothing else. When the engine holds RPM's etc is all in the main ECU programming/mapping.

Having said that, these controllers do make a dramatic change to pedal response in any situation, either more or less sensitive, depending on what you are wanting at the time.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is looking to add some Hp to go with their idrive or pedal commander I have an AFE sprint booster im not using.

i had it installed and loved the boost. Then, while garage day drinking with a friend, he wondered if it would cause any issues while towing…since towing is the main reason i got the jtmt…and im neurotic…i couldn’t stop wondering if he was right, even when NO data supported his curiosity….

well im neurotic so i took it off.

and now it sits unused.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I have one sitting at home, thanks to my BFF lol, I just gotta get there so I can put it on. On my previous JKU I had the pedal commander which I loved, so I can’t wait to get it on.

Deleted member 30519

It does not fix rev hang in my M/T. It's Still worth the money though.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
VERY interested in how they do on JT with 3.6 and automatic tranny (can we say that here?)
I'm interested in feedback on this as well.

My concern is that I use cruise control all the time. We have some hilly areas, speed limit 40, and the CC does a good job of keeping my speed in check going down hill, but when transitioning back to up hill the CC throttle application seems a little abrupt. I really don't want to make this worse. I don't think a throttle pedal controller will have any impact on how the CC applies throttle, but you never know.

HAHA - if I want to hear the sound of dollars being left on the pavement in the form of tire tread, I'll drive my car.
Off topic ... If you're talking about that retro cool PC Javelin, try some reproduction period-correct Polyglas tires. If you run them at the correct pressure, they hook up really well.

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
What is the installation process like? I couldn’t find any info on their website…

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in feedback on this as well.

My concern is that I use cruise control all the time. We have some hilly areas, speed limit 40, and the CC does a good job of keeping my speed in check going down hill, but when transitioning back to up hill the CC throttle application seems a little abrupt. I really don't want to make this worse. I don't think a throttle pedal controller will have any impact on how the CC applies throttle, but you never know.

Off topic ... If you're talking about that retro cool PC Javelin, try some reproduction period-correct Polyglas tires. If you run them at the correct pressure, they hook up really well.
I ended up having to use caltracs. A guy who races a Hornet and sets up Javelins for other guys suggested a pair and found a set of like new take-offs.

What is the installation process like? I couldn’t find any info on their website…
Unplug factory connector at top of gas pedal, plug in their unit harness, then plug the factory connector back into their pigtail, done.
Sponsored