George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Buy once cry once.
Nothing to do with price. I find myself in kind of the reverse situation from folks who want to add all the off road stuff but don’t really need it. I need it but don't want to add it. I like just having a plain old pick up to run around town with, without all that crap weighing it down.
Sponsored

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OK, now I have to post the dissenting opinion :)

1. you will pay for the weight and wind resistance every day in fuel consumption.
2. if you don't expect to use it, either because you don't drive where you will get stuck, or because there aren't any trees, etc. to hook onto, why do it?
3. you can just carry some straps and shackles, along with a hand winch, just in case.
4. you will be adding 300-400 pounds to the very front, so the Jeep will "porpoise" a lot more on bumps, etc. It will need more springing to compensate, not just spacers. You will be that much closer to the rated capacity of the front suspension, too.
The winch weight is 59 lbs. The bumper is about the same. Apx 120lbs total. No where near 300 to 400 lbs.

OP
OP
Choatecav

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
The winch weight is 59 lbs. The bumper is about the same. Apx 120lbs total. No where near 300 to 400 lbs.
Plus you have to factor in the removal of the old bumper, which granted, is not huge, but still your net add to the stock weight is less than 100 lbs.

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
Thats great price for that bumper and winch. If youre never gonna use it dont bother, but take it and flip on market place
Sponsored