Sponsored

Install 9000 lb. Warn winch on Mojave plastic bumper, record time and zero sag!

aqcjeepGlad

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I love the stealth winch setup. Still sitting level in the front with the extra weight?
Not the OP, but my setup added 93 lbs to the front end (about 15 more than OP) and it measures 3/8 lower than before. Definitely not a noticeable amount.
Sponsored

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
Not the OP, but my setup added 93 lbs to the front end (about 15 more than OP) and it measures 3/8 lower than before. Definitely not a noticeable amount.
Appreciate the info, Iā€™ll keep this in mind for the future.

Yona

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt high alt
we need links to the pieces you used, pretty please

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Donā€™t think Iā€™ve any drop but I did not measure, finished early in the morning and hooked up the camper and will be heading home tomorrow, measurement to bottom of Mojave fender lip was 41ā€, Iā€™ll check.
Sorry Onesicpup, Ona they donā€™t show it in their website but Northridge4X4 has it in stock on sale for $144.99 part number
LODJWP0701, thing does weigh about twenty pounds, built real nice , powder coat is great, and is listed for JL but fits JT, and you donā€™t need any of the hardware they sent forgot to subtract that weight! Mounts to an existing bolt that holds the brace on inside of frame, and uses the tow hook bolts to hold in on front. I also added the LOD frame braces but not required pretty heavy (6lbs.) and I think they are an improvement but are about $115, not sure I would buy them again as perhaps overkill, but I had them and they are beautiful and was figured into my total weight already, got them from LOD. You guys have to be aware I did this with a Curt receiver hitch on already, which I should have taken off and put back on after setting plate, but a quick slot in one section of the frame horn fit it in. So if I didnā€™t have the Curt Hitch and didnā€™t put the frame braces on which had to be trimmed slightly things would have been simpler. I also bought spacers thinking I would need them but the winch plate is 1/4ā€ and hauser support piece I fabbed is 1/4ā€ so I ended up ok with the small winch I used which including line weighed 54lbs. just like Warn said. The LOD plate also came with spacers two of which you can see taped to rear of bumper with my hauser plate. Iā€™ll put something together soon. Oh yeah as for links , sorry only links I do are sausage links! ā€¦.Jack

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Oh yeah, hats off to Aqcjeepglad, as he also did an amazing job, like Amish Mike , Divided_wood ,
Mr. COB and others before me, that kept me on track, sort of pioneers, cutting into your Jeep not sure if it is going to work out is scary. Each of us did it different but results are all very nice! I hope we all help others as they stumble through itā€¦.Jack

Last edited:

Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Appreciate the info, Iā€™ll keep this in mind for the future.
I did a similar setup. I would guess my droop is less than 1/2ā€. Iā€™m planning to add a spacer back up front (I did the same thing with my JKU) but itā€™s pretty close to the same. More than it would be with a steel bumper.

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Hey just like my original post with the box on bumper, zero, nada, nothing, front and rear are exactly the same measured to the same spot on fender, still the same and that is after towing up some big hills and trailering on bumpy stone roads. Now if my Factor 55 flatlink would ever ship, I could be doneā€¦.Jack

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
For what itā€™s worth, I like the thimble style more than the flatlink. The thimble lets you use a shackle either on the pin end or loop end where a flatlink only lets you use the pin end. Not usually a huge deal but I like the versatility and having the thimble saved my butt winching off a fixed point in Moab that I wouldnā€™t have been able to do with my buddyā€™s flatlink.

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Gave up on vendor sending me the Flatlink, and also found out the 1/2ā€ pipe thimble Warn uses on this winch does not feed though the hauser they supplied, so one call to Factor 55, quick talk ,flat link and short drum fairlead was here in two days. Fairlead is of course much lighter then the Warn but Iā€™m done weighing things. Sorry Factor 55 but I put your logo on the bottom to keep it a little more stealthy, but their service and help confirming that it would fit was excellent. I live on a steep hillside so put the gladiator in stone driveway in neutral and wound it up. Also picked up the piece I cut out of the air dam trim piece and set it in top of winch and it snapped in, Whatā€¦! It covers my line might rub on very bottom of grill but I think I see how it does and perhaps dress up the edges laterā€¦..Jack
EEB6F771-E112-42B7-8E5C-58B357A040C5.jpeg
65BFA1F4-66F6-497B-A3D9-051D00221B55.jpeg
45605E83-D8DE-4282-9401-D5FCBF452ED0.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Bump for a couple guys!ā€¦..Jack

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Bump for Quail 01!ā€¦.Jack

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Ordered the plug in Warn wireless remote, I like it small, plugged it in under hood and it worked fine and I was pretty far away about sixty feet , so no problem with the steel Mojave hood blocking signal. I can unplug it and store in the glove box until I head out or need it, canā€™t bounce out because hood insulation just touches it. Note this install is on a Mojave with the much higher hood, not sure ā€œlesser modelsā€ like Rubicon and others would have the roomā€¦.Jack
Ps: Sorry couldnā€™t help the lesser model thingā€¦.uh, uh yea I meant lesser under hood height, yup thatā€™s it!
21FA97BB-CF78-45F3-AAFA-3A712DC54FDD.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the plug in Warn wireless remote, I like it small, plugged it in under hood and it worked fine and I was pretty far away about sixty feet , so no problem with the steel Mojave hood blocking signal. I can unplug it and store in the glove box until I head out or need it, canā€™t bounce out because hood insulation just touches it. Note this install is on a Mojave with the much higher hood, not sure ā€œlesser modelsā€ like Rubicon and others would have the roomā€¦.Jack
Ps: Sorry couldnā€™t help the lesser model thingā€¦.uh, uh yea I meant lesser under hood height, yup thatā€™s it!
Jeep Gladiator Install 9000 lb. Warn winch on Mojave  plastic bumper, record time and zero sag! 21FA97BB-CF78-45F3-AAFA-3A712DC54FDD
Let me ask @Lunentucker what you meant on lesser model......... maybe he can explain.
Sponsored