First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
This looks like what I have been looking for. I saw one for Tacoma that mounted to their trail rail system...was kinda hoping for something like that.

Curious about mounting the mount brackets....I have never drilled into a new truck..kinda nervous about it :) How difficult is it to mount the brackets? I do have the factory bedliner and hard cover.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
This looks like what I have been looking for. I saw one for Tacoma that mounted to their trail rail system...was kinda hoping for something like that.

Curious about mounting the mount brackets....I have never drilled into a new truck..kinda nervous about it :) How difficult is it to mount the brackets? I do have the factory bedliner and hard cover.
It’s not hard at all. Just have metal drill bits and it goes through nicely. Just take your time and measure mark, measure mark, and I check a third time lol.

The extender is lined up on the edge of my tailgate to maximize the enclose space when extended. I mounted my recovery boards vertically which was cool and saves space. I also like the locking pins. So when doing trails whichever position it’s in it stays put and does not flop up and down.
When you still the holes, the mounting pins will be tight, but it’s my understanding that is by design.

Post picks of it and when you use it :)

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I just ordered this from ACE. I've had a few of their products for my JLUR and the quality was great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered this from ACE. I've had a few of their products for my JLUR and the quality was great.
Here is my recovery gear for the Trails over the weekend. Also use it for something as simple as gas tanks :)

52AA845C-42CE-4584-A741-B7F92280BEA2.jpeg

5DCCC8F3-E797-4E16-89E3-48C886CD70DA.jpeg

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use the molle function all the time.

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Here is my recovery gear for the Trails over the weekend. Also use it for something as simple as gas tanks :)

Jeep Gladiator Installed ACE bed extender 5DCCC8F3-E797-4E16-89E3-48C886CD70DA

Jeep Gladiator Installed ACE bed extender 5DCCC8F3-E797-4E16-89E3-48C886CD70DA
Nice. I like the simple use of the ratchet strap. could do it that way even with it in the bed with tonneau cover on (although the spouts may need to be removed)

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Anyone have a link to an install video or printed directions? I just received mine and no instruction. Couldn’t find anything on Ace’s website. I’m sure I could figure it out, but the nutserts have me mildly concerned. Anyone know what size hole to drill for the nutserts?

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have a link to an install video or printed directions? I just received mine and no instruction. Couldn’t find anything on Ace’s website. I’m sure I could figure it out, but the nutserts have me mildly concerned. Anyone know what size hole to drill for the nutserts?
Give Nick a call Monday so they can send that to you. The securing pins should fit snug.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The locking pin hole should be the bottom hole. The nutserts should be snug and so should the locking pin when inserted. Line up the extender so that it is flush with the tailgate when extended. The measurement will be different for a bed with and without a liner. @ACE Engineering But ACE can confirm. I don't want to steer you wrong.

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
The locking pin hole should be the bottom hole. The nutserts should be snug and so should the locking pin when inserted. Line up the extender so that it is flush with the tailgate when extended. The measurement will be different for a bed with and without a liner. @ACE Engineering But ACE can confirm. I don't want to steer you wrong.
Thanks for the info.
Before receiving it and looking at it, I just assumed I would drill out the dimples (see pic). I have a spray in liner, but there are three obvious dimples in the bed wall on either side. I see now that the bed extender mounting bracket uses 4 nutserts and doesn’t use the dimpled area at all.
Thanks again, I’ll give them a call on Monday.
Jeep Gladiator Installed ACE bed extender 35394361-49D2-4EB0-B4A9-B01236196CF1

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I received mine last week and asked about the installation. They're working on a video or instructions, but for now they pointed me toward this video as an example of how to do the nutserts:

I didn't have rubber feet in my parts, so I'm waiting for replacements to come out before I can install it.

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I received mine last week and asked about the installation. They're working on a video or instructions, but for now they pointed me toward this video as an example of how to do the nutserts:

I didn't have rubber feet in my parts, so I'm waiting for replacements to come out before I can install it.
I got the rubber feet. Install of this bed extender seems pretty straight forward, I just want to know what exact size drill bit to use. Biggest metal drill bit I have is 9/16” and it seems a tad too big. Last thing I want to do is to drill it and find out the nutsert is loose. 1/2” seems too small.

Last edited:

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I got the rubber feet. Install of this bed extender seems pretty straight forward, I just want to know what exact size drill bit to use. Biggest metal drill bit I have is 9/16” and it seems a tad too big. Last thing I want to do is to drill it and find out the nutsert is loose. 1/2” seems too small.
Video says 33/64 drill bit. I had to order one because nobody had that particular size locally.
Sponsored