First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ Frankenrubicon, 2022 Gladiator diesel rub
Occupation
contractor
Took me about 8 hours if you include reading the instructions and looking up Youtube videos. I did it in two 4 hour days. I removed the stock ruby sliders (they are forsale BTW) and installed the motors and steps on the first day. At that point you can drive around with them if you need a break or can’t do it all in one day. The second day I did the electrical part. Wiring everything outside then inside. Installing the LED lights the magnet door sensors and then finally the battery wiring. Very straightforward and self explanatory. For the money (on sale for $999 right now) it is totally worth the $ and in my opinion well worth the savings of $1500! ($2000 plus $500 install for the Amp Research.). I would give them an 8.5 out of ten.
Things I’m not excited about but willing to live with to save the $1500 it would have cost the other way.
1.)they are narrower than the AR’s by probably 2” or what feels like 2”….
2.)they are not long enough to cover the full pinch weld that they (mostly cover) and should cover fully IMO. Why not make the extrusions another 10”? It’s probably a few dollars difference.
That’s it, other than that I think they are well worth the $ and seem very strong and stable. I’m happy. And most importantly my wife is happy. And that’s really all that counts isn’t it?

IMG_8178.jpeg

IMG_8180.jpeg

IMG_8183.jpeg

IMG_8179.jpeg

IMG_8186.jpeg
Sponsored

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Wow - very cool. My wife ('21 JL Sahara) and I ('20 JT Overland) both have the factory plastic/nylon running boards. They look fine, but my wife and I are both 6' tall, so we never use them to enter the vehicle - mainly just stand on them to clean the roof or install the sun shade. At best they hit the back of my calf as I slide in and out. I definitely don't like the look of the truck with nothing there. Thanks for posting the pics!

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
Is there a way to adjust these running boards horizontally so there isn't as much gap showing the pinch weld towards the front? I'm thinking about these as well.

OP
OP
Kevlarr

Kevlarr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contractor
Is there a way to adjust these running boards horizontally so there isn't as much gap showing the pinch weld towards the front? I'm thinking about these as well.
Yes they have two allen screws to easily adjust horizontally

Sponsored

MaximusTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 23 Rubicon 392, 88 Samurai, 70 Chevelle
Build Thread
Link
are these rated to be rock sliders too or just steps?
From their website they look to only be only steps. If you are looking for rock sliders one check out Rock Slide Engineering. Theirs are made for rock sliding. A bit more expensive but definitately more robust. I haven't seen any on a Gladiator yet but I have been off-roading with some Bronco's that had them and they took a beating and they didn't even put a dent in them.

Rock Slide Engineering Running Boards

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
I run the Rock Slide Engineering steps. They are stout and they also have an add on armor package. They also cover the pinch seam and the current Gen 3's follow the contour of the Jeep.

I have bounced them on rock with no damage to them. They are expensive but worth it if you wheel.

MaximusTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I run the Rock Slide Engineering steps. They are stout and they also have an add on armor package. They also cover the pinch seam and the current Gen 3's follow the contour of the Jeep.

I have bounced them on rock with no damage to them. They are expensive but worth it if you wheel.
Good to know. I plan on running them on mine when the budget allows.

OP
OP
Kevlarr

Kevlarr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contractor
From their website they look to only be only steps. If you are looking for rock sliders one check out Rock Slide Engineering. Theirs are made for rock sliding. A bit more expensive but definitately more robust. I haven't seen any on a Gladiator yet but I have been off-roading with some Bronco's that had them and they took a beating and they didn't even put a dent in them.

Rock Slide Engineering Running Boards
Nice but $2600 plus install maybe $500? $3200 is too rich for my blood

Sponsored

Douger

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Printer
Took me about 8 hours if you include reading the instructions and looking up Youtube videos. I did it in two 4 hour days. I removed the stock ruby sliders (they are forsale BTW) and installed the motors and steps on the first day. At that point you can drive around with them if you need a break or can’t do it all in one day. The second day I did the electrical part. Wiring everything outside then inside. Installing the LED lights the magnet door sensors and then finally the battery wiring. Very straightforward and self explanatory. For the money (on sale for $999 right now) it is totally worth the $ and in my opinion well worth the savings of $1500! ($2000 plus $500 install for the Amp Research.). I would give them an 8.5 out of ten.
Things I’m not excited about but willing to live with to save the $1500 it would have cost the other way.
1.)they are narrower than the AR’s by probably 2” or what feels like 2”….
2.)they are not long enough to cover the full pinch weld that they (mostly cover) and should cover fully IMO. Why not make the extrusions another 10”? It’s probably a few dollars difference.
That’s it, other than that I think they are well worth the $ and seem very strong and stable. I’m happy. And most importantly my wife is happy. And that’s really all that counts isn’t it?

Jeep Gladiator Installed the Rough Country Powered Running Boards IMG_8186

I have a set ready to install. Been sick and haven’t felt like doing it. Glad to hear you are satisfied with them, they seem well built and look nice. Thanks for the review

MaximusTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Nice but $2600 plus install maybe $500? $3200 is too rich for my blood
That's for sure. That's why I don't have them yet but since I like to go rock crawling I don't want to buy cheaper ones and break them or have to keep removing and reinstalling them before and after each trip. I'll just stick with my stock ones until I can afford them.

OP
OP
Kevlarr

Kevlarr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contractor
I do like the option of turning them off when I’m in deep snow and mud. And when I do go rock crawling I don’t have to worry about them getting torn off if i open my door to look at an approach.
Sponsored