First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ7 - 2022 Gladiator Rubicon on order
Occupation
Police Officer
I have a new Gladiator Rubicon which was delivered last weekend and I pick it up this weekend. It has the LED lighting package installed. My son offered to install LED lights in the interior for my birthday. He did that on my last truck and it was a big improvement. My question is.....with the LED lighting package, are the interior lights LED? Is there room for significant improvement on the interior lighting?
Sponsored

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
I used the Oracle kit for the footwells. Really helps at night.

Se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
LED lighting = all lights on/in the vehicle are LED.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I have a new Gladiator Rubicon which was delivered last weekend and I pick it up this weekend. It has the LED lighting package installed. My son offered to install LED lights in the interior for my birthday. He did that on my last truck and it was a big improvement. My question is.....with the LED lighting package, are the interior lights LED? Is there room for significant improvement on the interior lighting?
Most of the interior lighting on the JT is LED (regardless if you get the exterior LED lights). The main lighting is in the light pod in the middle of the sound bar, which is LED. There are also 2 LED lights on the inside of the back seats that light up. The 2 footwell lights in the front are standard halogen bulbs. Those would be the only 2 lights your son would be changing to LED in the Jeep. However I haven’t really looked at how easily accessible they are to change.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I've been thinking about this too, but IDK what kind of improvements could be made over stock IMO. I am happy with the interior ambient lighting as-is. I think a big bang for buck on ambient lighting would be for puddle lights on unlock.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave

Fishrocks17

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Agent
I added these to the interior dimmer circuit on the dash family loves them. Pretty handy when night cruising

Jeep Gladiator Interior Lighting Question 0225211913a_HDR

Hello, what kit did you use? Those are really bright. I like them.

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
they are leftover rock lights from my Diode Dynamics kit.

Sponsored

astronerd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astronerd.net
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Sport S, 14 Mustang GT/CS, 04 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Finance/Accounting

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this aftermarket front overhead map lights reviewed on some YouTube channel, maybe Dirt Road Cred. I have not purchased it yet but I think it will help out with lighting in the front row as those front facing lights on the sport bar are a bit limited.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C5CX2V5...T00SCGTT&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_cv_lig_dp_it
I installed one of these about a year ago. It has worked well, so far. The tape held up during the summer. When I purchased it, just after initial release, the N batteries were not included in the package.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
I added these to the interior dimmer circuit on the dash family loves them. Pretty handy when night cruising

Apologies for resurrecting a dead thread here - hey DAVECS1, can you share some info on where you tapped into for these? If you happen to have a picture or some details on which wires, Id appreciate it.

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Apologies for resurrecting a dead thread here - hey DAVECS1, can you share some info on where you tapped into for these? If you happen to have a picture or some details on which wires, Id appreciate it.
if you look up under there, there are Square plastic pieces that look like they should have LEDs going to them and a 3 wire connector. Two of those wires actually have power of the dimmer switch.
Sponsored