Is anyone running 20s on 35s?

Musselmike92

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S JT
New JT Sport S owner here! Heavily considering getting 20s and 35s I just wanna see if anyone else has went this route and the results they got. I have debated going 18s and 35s but the rims I want look better to me in a 20”.

any advice is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Since 2005 I've always ran black 20" wheels, and I used to run 35x12.50's on my 20x10 wheels years ago on other vehicles (still got a set of 35x12.50r20 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on a set of 20x10 Helo's sitting in my shop right now). They handle GREAT on the road. The short sidewall was very stiff, which led to much more controlled handling at higher speeds and in turns. While they might not look the best to most "Jeep guys", they do serve a legit purpose other than mall-crawling. They will hands-down handle better on-road than a 35x12.50r17 because they don't have all that sidewall flex.

I've been running 38x15.50r20's on black 20x10's on my Cummins for 13 years, and started running 36x13.50r20 SS Irok Radials on black 20's on my Z71 in college back in 2005, before anyone in Alabama was running them...Might have been popular in other places, but it wasn't around here. I've always been a trend-setter, and not a copy-cat when it comes to trucks. Then the copy-cats come along. In college, I was running a particular setup on my Z71, and another guy that lived across the street had his truck looking exactly like mine (same color, etc...) in less than 3 months of moving in. So I stepped it up about 5 notches, and nobody could afford to copy me. Then I got my Cummins new in 2007, and immediately lifted and started modding, and put on black 20x10's with 38x15.50r20 Nitto Mud Grapplers. And, what do you know...About a year later everyone was running blacked-out 20's with mud tires... Gee, I wonder who started that trend... ;) And to make it worse, some jackoff redneck piece of white trash also had a red 2007 Cummins in my area, and copied my truck almost 100%... REALLY pissed me off, because he would run around town like a douche blowing black smoke everywhere, and performing his general douchebaggery all over the place, and I was the one getting pulled over by cops, because they THOUGHT that I was that dude!!! WTF??? I even got pulled over and ordered out of my truck and drawn-on because they thought I was that guy...Until they saw my license and realized I wasn't him... Well no shit, Sherlock! That's what I was trying to tell you! :mad: Best thing I ever did was temporarily buy another vehicle to daily-drive until that dude finally went away, or sold his truck to someone else...

And on my JTR I'm running 37x13.50r20's on 20x10 wheels. My advice, run 37's and 20's if you can. But if not, the 35's and 20's will look good. :like:

Sorry, it's been a rough day, and I sit in a truck by myself all day long (Inspector), so sometimes I just feel like talking.

OP
OP
Musselmike92

Musselmike92

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S JT
Since 2005 I've always ran black 20" wheels, and I used to run 35x12.50's on my 20x10 wheels years ago on other vehicles (still got a set of 35x12.50r20 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's on a set of 20x10 Helo's sitting in my shop right now). They handle GREAT on the road. The short sidewall was very stiff, which led to much more controlled handling at higher speeds and in turns. While they might not look the best to most "Jeep guys", they do serve a legit purpose other than mall-crawling. They will hands-down handle better on-road than a 35x12.50r17 because they don't have all that sidewall flex.

I've been running 38x15.50r20's on black 20x10's on my Cummins for 13 years, and started running 36x13.50r20 SS Irok Radials on black 20's on my Z71 in college back in 2005, before anyone in Alabama was running them...Might have been popular in other places, but it wasn't around here. I've always been a trend-setter, and not a copy-cat when it comes to trucks. Then the copy-cats come along. In college, I was running a particular setup on my Z71, and another guy that lived across the street had his truck looking exactly like mine (same color, etc...) in less than 3 months of moving in. So I stepped it up about 5 notches, and nobody could afford to copy me. Then I got my Cummins new in 2007, and immediately lifted and started modding, and put on black 20x10's with 38x15.50r20 Nitto Mud Grapplers. And, what do you know...About a year later everyone was running blacked-out 20's with mud tires... Gee, I wonder who started that trend... ;) And to make it worse, some jackoff redneck piece of white trash also had a red 2007 Cummins in my area, and copied my truck almost 100%... REALLY pissed me off, because he would run around town like a douche blowing black smoke everywhere, and performing his general douchebaggery all over the place, and I was the one getting pulled over by cops, because they THOUGHT that I was that dude!!! WTF??? I even got pulled over and ordered out of my truck and drawn-on because they thought I was that guy...Until they saw my license and realized I wasn't him... Well no shit, Sherlock! That's what I was trying to tell you! :mad: Best thing I ever did was temporarily buy another vehicle to daily-drive until that dude finally went away, or sold his truck to someone else...

And on my JTR I'm running 37x13.50r20's on 20x10 wheels. My advice, run 37's and 20's if you can. But if not, the 35's and 20's will look good. :like:

Sorry, it's been a rough day, and I sit in a truck by myself all day long (Inspector), so sometimes I just feel like talking.
thanks for the info! I’d love to run 37s, but only have 500 miles on my JT and don’t want to bog it down especially since it’s going to be mainly highway use and the occasional mud puddle. The another reason I wanted 20s just in case I ever did go to 37s it would still look good! I’ve also always had M/T tires but considering something less aggressive like the Toyo RT or similar!

Bkinnell

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Director of Culinary operations
I have ran 20s on 35s on both my previous JK and now my gladiator. I love it. The look is great. I run Toyo R/T on Fuels. I went Toyo both times and have zero complaints about the tire. They are great when using the Jeep for daily commute as well when you want to hit the trails.

2747C5D3-B2B6-43A2-A6D2-95B367EEBA14.jpeg
Sponsored