Sponsored

Is the mopar vehicle upgrade worth it or not?

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Does anyone have it and had to use it? Do they honor it at any dealer ship?
Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

You mean the extended warranty? Never heard of a Mopar Vehicle upgrade, something new?

OP
OP
Stonesolo

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
You mean the extended warranty? Never heard of a Mopar Vehicle upgrade, something new?
I get emails for upgrading or to extend the mopar warranty but there is a deductible if you want a cheaper rate...those are the ones I mean.

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
If I am not mistaken. Beware that the Mopar clock starts ticking at the purchase date if new or original purchase date if used. Otherwise known as the in service date. So no I would not buy a Mopar. I buy an extended warranty around the 32,000 mile mark. That way you get a true 3, 4 or 5 year plus mileage warranty. For the life of me I do not understand buying a warrany for a vehicle when it already has a warranty in force.

Sdsteph

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non UAW
If I am not mistaken. Beware that the Mopar clock starts ticking at the purchase date if new or original purchase date if used. Otherwise known as the in service date. So no I would not buy a Mopar. I buy an extended warranty around the 32,000 mile mark. That way you get a true 3, 4 or 5 year plus mileage warranty. For the life of me I do not understand buying a warrany for a vehicle when it already has a warranty in force.
I just purchased a 7yr/100k $100 deductible Mopar warranty. I have 11,000 miles on the truck right now. I paid $1800 for it and the prices increase if you wait to purchase with over 12,000 miles on the clock and again with 24,000 miles. It takes effect when the initial 3/36 runs out. (no deductible till after the 3/36 expires). I will likely hit 36,000 before 36 months but I will still have a full 4 years or 64,000 miles regardless of miles or time on the original warranty. If I sell the truck it's a good incentive for the prospective buyer or I can cancel the warranty and get a prorated refund. I don't have any experience with Mopar warranty but have had bad luck with 3rd party warranties using non OEM parts and nitpicking stuff. Was just a good piece of mind getting it. I drove Tacoma's for the past 30 years with never an issue but knew what I was getting into with the JEEP and it's less than stellar reputation for reliability.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There are some threads on the extended warranty, and a dealer that sells them at a lower price than most other dealers. The Mopar extended warranty is honored at any dealership, just like the factory warranty. It is least expensive when purchased while the truck is new. As the mileage increases, the price goes up. You can get up to eight years and 125k miles, or seven years and unlimited mileage, with a $0, $100, or $200 deductible. The coverage start date is the original sale date for the vehicle. If you are going to get the Mopar extended warranty, it is best to get it soon after purchase.
Sponsored